It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Nicholas II killed cats, dog, and crows as a hobby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vernichter

no. but a laissez-faire attitude to animal cruelty was far more prevalent than today.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Playing Devil's advocate, Genesis 1:26 says:

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

I know what he did is not popular here but if God says man has dominion over the animals, who am I to condemn what he did?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just guess here but maybe all that world traveling he took a liking t Chinese food

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why do you keep calling him Santa Claus 2? Have you knowledge of the actual Saint Nick that is Santa and why he's Santa...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Why do you keep calling him Santa Claus 2? Have you knowledge of the actual Saint Nick that is Santa and why he's Santa...

The original Saint Nicholas gave presents to people. So now Santa Claus sometimes descends from Heaven with a sack full of presents and plants them under Christmas trees.

Saint Nicholas II was shooting dogs and cats for fun. So Santa Claus II will materialize from night and fog armed with a rifle and kill your kitty.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's not Santa Claus 2...Only fools think that.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

You must be fun at balls.

This will make a great ice-breaking anecdote for anyone who wants to start a conversation with that "hot girl from accounting" at next year's office Christmas party.

It could be like this:
"Hey, did you know that St. Nick, the model for Santa Claus, killed 6176 cats? Let's go make out in the supply closet"

EDIT TO UPDATE:
Wait a minute. Now that I'm reading this more closely, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the same "St. Nicholas" after whom the idea of Santa Claus was fashioned. That person was "Nikolaos of Myra". The OP is talking about Czar Nicholas II, who has nothing at all to do with the idea of Santa.

Nikolaos of Myra and Czar Nicholas II are two totally different people.

That's too bad. I really wanted a conversation starter for that hot girl at the office Christmas party.

edit on 3/1/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Could this be a pre-curser to sainthood for Ted Nugent?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Just guess here but maybe all that world traveling he took a liking t Chinese food

I never heard of Santa Claus II eating dogs and cats. All the evidence suggests he killed them just for entertainment.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vernichter

originally posted by: mikell

I never heard of Santa Claus II eating dogs and cats. All the evidence suggests he killed them just for entertainment.

I never heard of Santa Claus II.
Why would people call Czar Nicholas that?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

As you know, Santa Claus stands for St. Nicholas. So St. Nicholas II is Santa Claus II.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vernichter

As you know, Santa Claus stands for St. Nicholas. So St. Nicholas II is Santa Claus II.

That's it? Because they both share a name?

That's not a good reason for calling Czar Nicholas II "Santa Claus", considering the name "Santa Claus" has its own meaning.

I mean, there are plenty of Saints who share names. For example, there are many different "Saint Johns" in Christian religions. Three of the more well-known ones would be St. John the Baptist, St. John the Apostle, and St. John the Theologian (the supposed writer of the Gospel of St, John). Those are three different people who were known for different things...

...Nobody would call the Apostle John "John the Baptist" just because the two of them shared a name. The name "John the Baptist" refers to a specific Saint named John, and the name "John the Apostle" refers to another -- just like "Santa Claus" refers to a specific Saint named Nicholas (and, yes -- I'm aware that the words "Santa Claus" is believed to be a phonetic bastardization of the words "Saint Nicholas", as in "Sint-Nicolaas" and "SinterKlaas"...but that's irrelevant).

By the way, there are seven people named "Nicholas" who are saints in various Christian Religions. Does that mean one of them is "Santa Claus 7"? If so, which one? How did they decide that Czar Nicholas was "Santa II" and not "Santa 7", considering he is the 7th person of that name to be canonized, chronologically speaking.

edit on 3/1/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: formatting

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

and, yes -- I'm aware that the words "Santa Claus" is believed to be a phonetic bastardization of the words "Saint Nicholas", as in "Sint-Nicolaas" and "SinterKlaas"...but that's irrelevant

That's the only thing which is relevant.

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is PeopleBy the way, there are seven people named "Nicholas" who are saints in various Christian Religions. Does that mean one of them is "Santa Claus 7"? If so, which one? How did they decide that Czar Nicholas was "Santa II" and not "Santa 7", considering he is the 7th person of that name to be canonized, chronologically speaking.

II comes not from the number of saints, but from the number of tsars. He was Nicholas II.
edit on 1-3-2016 by vernichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If that's the reasoning, then it's quite a stretch.

I wouldn't call him "Santa Claus II" for that, but if you want to, go ahead.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Psh...she doesnt need to know.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthetosI am sure if a sparrow landed near him it would have been blasted!

There is no evidence that he killed a single sparrow. However during 1908 Imperial hunt Santa Claus II and his crew killed 769 magpies.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Playing Devil's advocate, Genesis 1:26 says:

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

I know what he did is not popular here but if God says man has dominion over the animals, who am I to condemn what he did?

And if you read the Old Testament beyond the book of Genesis you will find that God recommends many viscous things.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If that's the reasoning, then it's quite a stretch.

I wouldn't call him "Santa Claus II" for that, but if you want to, go ahead.

It is far less of a stretch than calling Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus a "Caligula."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join