It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinate realities, the mandela effect and a last chance survival tactic.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I really could not figure out how to convey this in a thread title so please bear with me as I try to expain, remember this is skunkworks and if you do not like the mandela effect then feel free to leave now.

I have spoken to a few people about the mandela effect and the possibility that is related to NDE's and yesterday I had an odd experience that got me thinking about this.

I was working over the weekend for a friend who has set up a garden maintenance service and we were trimming some 18 foot hedges on a large house, we needed to use a scaffold tower and the layout meant that we had to take the tower down several times to get it into position.

So we had 2 guys with pole trimmers and a chainsaw chopping and shaping and myself on the ground clearing up, moving the tower and every couple of minutes standing back and checking that they were keeping the line and shape of the hedge.

The 2 long hedges along the sides of the property were the most important to keep level along the top as they can be seen from the upstairs windows and the client likes is to be in order(and pays a lot of money every year for the job to be done). to the left there was the top 2 feet of a gable of a neighbours outbuilding and to the right there was nothing above the line of the hedge. Bear in mind that I was looking at thse hedges and the lines overy 2 minutes or so for about 3 hours each side.

After completing the above hedges we needed to dismantle the scaffold tower and move to another part of the grounds, after moving it one of the guys was re-erecting the tower and I was passing the parts up to him, they were only aluminium so strong but not all that heavy. On the third lift I passed him a pole up and he slipped with it and it started to fall towards me. As my afore amentioned NDE involved a head injury I am really paranoid about getting hit in the head and managed to deflect the pole with my hand but did get quite a nasty gash on my hand where the coupling mechanism hit me. After appologies and suchlike it was suggested that I popped the gas cooker on and got a cuppa ready while the bleeding stopped.

I went back to the top of the property and with my good hand popped the kettle on and then looked up to see how the job was going, I was a bit stunned to see the top of a house with a sattelite dish attached above the freshly cut hedge as it should not have been there but on the opposite side, I felt a little dizzy and thought that had lost my orientation as I should have been looking at the top of hedge and nothing but sky.

I turned around and saw the top of a house? Now there were 2 hedges and they both had the top of a house clearly showing above them, one with a sattelite dish that was not there before. I really cannot see how I could have looked at these things so many times and not noticed such a clearly visible thing.

It got me thinking that maybe when we have no other option that a flight or fight thing kicks in and we can slip into a parallel universe to avoid death.

It would certainly explain all of those incredible escapes and lucky moments we have.

As beforee this is skunkworks so keep it open minded and whacked out or leave it be.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe a parallel nonspecific died and transferred some intel to you confusing you about the dish, maybe its like that jet li movie and if more nonspecifics dies the last one will be super powerful after absorbing them

Or maybe someone got tired of a crappy cable company and got directv

my .02 skunkworks cents

ETA: I reread with my glasses on, nvm
edit on 29-2-2016 by Indigent because: also who says .02 cents thats like 2/100 of a cent

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I felt the Mandela effect today. Listening to Radio 2 and Ken Bruce mentioned that Peter Bowles was a guest on the Big Show with Mark Radcliffe this afternoon. Mark Radcliffe is standing in for Steve Wright, but whoever stands in for him, still have the usual guests on the show. Anyway, I could have sworn I read a few years ago that Peter Bowles had died. I remember reading it and thinking it was quite sad that he had passed as he was in a number of British comedy series throughout the 70's and 80's. I tuned into the show this afternoon and no, he had not died and he was promoting his latest show.

With regards to your suggestion about slipping into another dimension when we encounter a NDE, I'm not so sure. The reason being that everybody witnessing it would have to be transported into the same dimension? Again, I'm not sure if that would be the case, but it is an interesting theory.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If that's the case, I wonder if you take everyone with you when you slip into another dimension, of we were already there, waiting for you? It's an interesting concept and given enough time, you could do a number on your brain thinking about the possibilities. Is your hand OK?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Skunk works, ok, here goes.

Maybe we exist in a multiversal reality. When shifts like you suggest come about, it may be that we are not shifting from one reality to the next, but rather it is just our awarness that shifts, from that one to this one, or from this one to another.

As a poor example say I really am living in 100 realities at the same time, while my conscious awareness is focused on only one, this one, while all the while my unconsciousness is running with all the other possible mes. Then along comes a situation that the me in this potentiality, this segment of the multiverse is not up to handling or for what ever reason is no longer the optimal situation in which to be, and zap, our consciousness zips over into another of ourselves and continues on from there, in most cases unaware of the change from one verse to another.

I think that we know now that none of us are fully conscious. Much of who we think we are is nothing more than automatic, non decision making, pattern repeating and unconscious existence. Just plain experiencing with no free will needed. Spongelike. Taking in information and experiences to later be assimilated by our larger selves as they too all come together to complete ourselves in a unitedverse.

One time when I was young I borrowed my fathers cherried-out 67 Mustang. I was driving cautiously through a residential neighborhood and going around a right turning bend of the road. I could see another car coming from the other direction and not sticking to his side of the road but coming down the middle of the un stripped road and from where I was on the road he was going to sideswipe me as he passed when all of a sudden it seemed as if my car lurched to the right, not turned to the right but the entire car just slipped to the right taking me out of harms way as the other car drove on past missing me by inches.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Interesting thread man. I like we're you're coming from with this.

I'm gonna think some more and hopefully put something of worth into it.

As always it's a pleasure to see you posting.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The me's of the multiverse must share a strong link.

Maybe there arent too many of us left so we all increase our potency and as a result can exchange much information.

I know a bunch of stuff I never studied. Memories I shouldnt have. Stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting thread, but let me be the boring bloke who says you were most likely suffering from concussion. Sorry if that just sounds too prosaic, but it can happen to short term memory.

For the Mandela effect, I think that is the equivalent of pub talk where someone thinks someone has died and it plants a seed in your head which with nothing to tell you otherwise starts to become treated as fact until you suddenly hear the person has now really died. Remember the threads on ATS a few years back where Australia (in some peoples minds) had apparently moved hundreds if not thousands of miles?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Funny, I always suspected that of you. No joke. Really

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I felt the Mandela effect today. Listening to Radio 2 and Ken Bruce mentioned that Peter Bowles was a guest on the Big Show with Mark Radcliffe this afternoon. Mark Radcliffe is standing in for Steve Wright, but whoever stands in for him, still have the usual guests on the show. Anyway, I could have sworn I read a few years ago that Peter Bowles had died. I remember reading it and thinking it was quite sad that he had passed as he was in a number of British comedy series throughout the 70's and 80's. I tuned into the show this afternoon and no, he had not died and he was promoting his latest show.

With regards to your suggestion about slipping into another dimension when we encounter a NDE, I'm not so sure. The reason being that everybody witnessing it would have to be transported into the same dimension? Again, I'm not sure if that would be the case, but it is an interesting theory.

Pretty sure that Pter Bowles is dead as I remember thinking another one of those old guys that you never really think about has gone.

As to slipping into another dimension there are so many tiny variables that you would almost always never notice. You could slip into an identical universe with the only difference being that some bloke down the road had cornflakes and not weetabix for breakfast so you would usually never even realise...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Interesting thread, but let me be the boring bloke who says you were most likely suffering from concussion. Sorry if that just sounds too prosaic, but it can happen to short term memory.

For the Mandela effect, I think that is the equivalent of pub talk where someone thinks someone has died and it plants a seed in your head which with nothing to tell you otherwise starts to become treated as fact until you suddenly hear the person has now really died. Remember the threads on ATS a few years back where Australia (in some peoples minds) had apparently moved hundreds if not thousands of miles?

Unlikely concussion as the pole hit my hand although I tend to agree.

My first Mandela effect sympoms came from a headshot and post concussion syndrome so maybe this is the after effects.

As to Austraila that was debunked long ago with the way that maps were drawn to counter the spherical nature of the earth. google it if your interested.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I see what you're saying and I think that'd be pretty cool.

I always wonder about this as well, say if someone invents time travel, goes back in time and make ripple effect changes. What would it mean to us who's living in the current reality.

Will another completely different reality branch off/off shoots from this main continuity? Or would we get a reset button and perhaps you and I were never born.

If a new reality branches off from the main continuity, that kind of means even if we do invent time travel in the future, it will not change anything that has happened in this time line.

Anyway, cool thoughts.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Interesting... but it assumes you have a perfect memory of events and were an accurate witness.

I don't know about you, but my memory is demonstrably flawed -- that's why I fact check on Google. For instance, I could have sworn that Tutankamun was the successor of Akhenaten - and when I went to Wikipedia to look it up, I remembered (as I read) that two minor kings (one of which might be Nefertiti) succeeded Akhenaten before Tutankamun.

We live in an information busy world. We can't pay attention to every last detail.

Now think about it: how many times have you put your car keys down and then been not able to find them? Did that mean you went into another dimension? And when you found them again, were you in yet another dimension or reality?

I put it down to the "Doorway Effect" - which makes a lot more sense than slipping into another time stream for no particular reason.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well, here's the way I see it, if I were to play along here as if this were true... Whether it is or not, I do not know. But... The people who witnessed "it", saw him die, or perhaps sustain an injury that put him in a coma, or otherwise made him a vegetable. His consciousness, desiring to survive in a healthy body, or maybe even through no active choice of its own, "jumped shop" into another dimension to inhabit the body of a nonspecific residing in a dimension where he was not hurt.

Probably a dimension that is closest to the one he just came from, whichever one was most compatible. That way, the memories of the two joining consciousnesses will be almost the exact same, so as to prevent insanity. The two, or more, consciousnesses do not even notice each other, because they overlap so perfectly. They do however, begin to detect a glimmer, a shadow, of another presence, when they begin to take notice of conflicting memories...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The only `possible`explanation that I can think of is that you were so set on doing a good job with the hedges that you refused to see the house because it would have affected your ability to do your best work on this important account.
Or , knows , you may have really hopped across some kind of parallel timey whimey warp thingie. It is a rather odd story so thanks for telling it as I love stuff like this.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yep you pretty much nailed my thoughts.

At the point of death you can skip into an almost identical reality and say "phew that was a close one".

So in the universe you inhabit you get twatted with a bar but you manage to skip into one where you only get grazed and everyone says "wow that was a lucky escape!!!"

It is almost the same reality but ever so slightly diffrerent, almost to the point that you would never know.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
The only `possible`explanation that I can think of is that you were so set on doing a good job with the hedges that you refused to see the house because it would have affected your ability to do your best work on this important account.
Or , knows , you may have really hopped across some kind of parallel timey whimey warp thingie. It is a rather odd story so thanks for telling it as I love stuff like this.

As I said there were 2 sides to the job the left and the right.

One had a visible gable and the other had nothing in sight, I was looking at that side every couple of minutes for a good few hours. It was only after the incident that the other gable end was there and I spun out thinking that I had lost my bearings and was facing the wrong way.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Interesting... but it assumes you have a perfect memory of events and were an accurate witness.

I don't know about you, but my memory is demonstrably flawed -- that's why I fact check on Google. For instance, I could have sworn that Tutankamun was the successor of Akhenaten - and when I went to Wikipedia to look it up, I remembered (as I read) that two minor kings (one of which might be Nefertiti) succeeded Akhenaten before Tutankamun.

We live in an information busy world. We can't pay attention to every last detail.

Now think about it: how many times have you put your car keys down and then been not able to find them? Did that mean you went into another dimension? And when you found them again, were you in yet another dimension or reality?

I put it down to the "Doorway Effect" - which makes a lot more sense than slipping into another time stream for no particular reason.

I would tend to agree but refer you to my previous comments on this.

Every 2 to 5 mins or so I had to take a good look at a 40 foot long hedge 20 odd feet high to say if it was level. On the side I am talking about there was nothing to gauge this on other than eye and the sky yet afterwards there was a building present. I am beyond sure that if it was there before I would have used it as a point of reference as I did on the opposite side.

It was not there and then it was. Skunkworks I admit but this is what happened.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I would tend to agree but refer you to my previous comments on this.

Every 2 to 5 mins or so I had to take a good look at a 40 foot long hedge 20 odd feet high to say if it was level. On the side I am talking about there was nothing to gauge this on other than eye and the sky yet afterwards there was a building present. I am beyond sure that if it was there before I would have used it as a point of reference as I did on the opposite side.

And yet, as the show "Brain Games"" demonstrates time after time, we can focus on one thing and miss... people in dancing gorilla suits walking along behind that. This construct of reality is why stage and street magicians can fool us and surprise us and why con men can take advantage of us.

If our attention and recall were perfect, we couldn't be fooled.

Ever.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Good idea, as it happens I myself was working on a tower repairing the brickwork of a house today, my eyes were focused and zoned out scanning for damage.
I couldn't tell you what colour the windowsills etc were though, it was irrelevant to my job so my brain didn't store it in an easy retrievable file.

I keep an open mind as well so who knows, maybe another Nonspecific in another universe got the tower pole right through the eye in some horrific accident where the pole (and Nonspecific) then fell on the guy with the chainsaw and he lost a leg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join