It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnesium Doesn't Do Anything...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
...unless you get some in your system!!

Below is listed a sample article for magnesium's role regarding each health issue.

I recently started having Anxiety issues until I got back on my magnesium supplement.
Check out what it could do for you:

INFLAMMATION
naturalsociety.com... ti-inflammatory-mineral/

WEIGHT LOSS
www.newsmax.com... -weight-loss-promote/2015/05/27/id/647005/

GRAYING HAIR
www.livestrong.com... nesium-deficiency-gray-hair/

ANXIETY/DEPRESSION
www.psychologytoday.c... om/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201106/magnesium-and-the-brain-the-original-chill-pill

SKIN DISEASE
www.curejoy.com...[/ url]

ALZHEIMER'S
[url=http://www.naturalhealth365.com/magnesium_food.html/]http://www.naturalhealth365.com/magnesium_food.html/

DEMENTIA
www.livestrong.com...

HEART RHYTHM
www.everydayhealth.com... gnesium-for-healthy-heart/

BLOOD PRESSURE
articles.mercola.com... les/archive/2009/06/11/magnesium-benefits-your-blood-pressure.aspx

BREATHING DISORDERS
www.ancient-minerals.com...[/ url]

DIABETES/BLOOD SUGAR
[url=http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/10/magnesium-type-2-diabetes.aspx]http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2 014/05/10/magnesium-type-2-diabetes.aspx

INSOMNIA
www.hollywoodhomestead.com... sleep/

BOWEL/IBS
ibs.about.com...

EYESIGHT
www.cure-dryeyes.com...

HEARING
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

CANCER
articles.mercola.com... ve/2013/01/26/magnesium-reduces-cancer-risk.aspx

ADHD
www.adhd-health.com...

AUTISM
behavioradvisor.com...&Behavior.html

ARTHRITIS
natracure.com...

BONE/OSTEOPOROSIS
www.todaysdietitian.com...

PANCREAS
www.livestrong.com... ficiency-deficient-pancreatic-enzymes/

LIVER
www.livestrong.com...

KIDNEYS
www.newswithviews.com...

FIBROMYALGIA
web.mit.edu...

MUSCLES/CRAMPS
www.mg12.info...

THYROID
www.progressivehealth.com...

CIRCULAITON
www.newsmax.com...[/ url]

BRAIN FOG/FATIGUE
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomagnesemia]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomagnesemia

DIGESTION
www.livestrong.com...

IMMUNE SYSTEM
www.livestrong.com... m/

LONGEVITY
www.ergo-log.com...

edit on 29-2-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: appended

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Try to put it out in a fire and tell me that it does nothing.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
yaaaaa magnesium is the best!

magnesium + probiotics + holy basil + turmeric + spirulina powder = magical mind & body

the nutrients in store bought food nowadays are so effing poor, the supplement and vitamin industry must be STOKED.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderlustqueen

Turmeric and bone broth, pure magic.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

While I do believe in the benefits of magnesium, notice the reoccurance in your links of the word "may" when speaking to its benefit to the body?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

ohhhh helllll yeah, good ol bone broth!!

but for real, if i'm not supplementing with magnesium i feel a marked difference to my mood and energy level. and if you're trying to tone muscle, i feel like it helps immensely to take a little extra per day.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A high percentage of Americans is magnesium deficient. Also many people are zinc deficient. Copper, zinc, and magnesium are a little competitive with each other for absorption. Also calcium neutralizes the stomach acid and can cause a deficiency in one of the others. Magnesium antacids can also be a problem, they can lead to deficiencies in zinc and maybe even copper. Copper has it's dark side just like chocolate which is rich in it. If you lack adequate enzymes it can build up in the liver and if you get too much in a working way, it can increase susceptability to cancer because it is used in enzymes in the body to build blood vessels. Too much copper is no good, too little is no good either. We need it's enzymes to crosshatch the fibers in our body too, including blood vessels and intestines and skin.

How do you tell if you are deficient? If you feel better when you take the supplement it is a sign. But sometimes that does not work either. So I can't really tell a person if they are deficient in any of these and if they are working correctly in the body. You can have it in your blood but if it doesn't work, it does no good. Also if it doesn't work, you may need to moderate consumption differently and this varies from person to person.

It is actually pretty hard to get your RDA of Magnesium and zinc. But if your body takes it out of food properly, there is no problem.

I take magnesium occasionally to keep my constipation at bay, but not too much or too regularly, I have low stomach acid already.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Turmeric and bone broth, pure magic.

Turmeric actually contains quite a bit of copper and copper is competitive with magnesium. If you lack proper enzymes to process the copper properly, overconsumption of Turmeric can be a problem. I grew up in an area with copper in the water, as did my parents and grandparents. Our bodies actually adapted long ago to the excess in copper. So to use up the excess copper, you need to drink booze or eat aged foods. This works on a seperate cycle than the one that makes antigens. Copper will build antigens and this can be a problem for some people while it is good for others, depending on your enzymes. Enzyme activity is also related to your body temperature, if it is lower than ninety seven point 8, you start losing enzyme activity.

I occasionally eat turmeric but not too often. I do not eat chocolate too often either. But sometimes I go wild on chocolate.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

interesting about the copper! thanks for the info.

i don't take turmeric as much as magnesium, and i take them at totally different times of the day when i do. i have some old injuries from snowboarding and my mom suggested taking turmeric + holy basil for inflammation pain. after two weeks of it i've definitely seen a difference. the turmeric i think i'll save for the inflammation flare ups.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderlustqueen

interesting about the copper! thanks for the info.

i don't take turmeric as much as magnesium, and i take them at totally different times of the day when i do. i have some old injuries from snowboarding and my mom suggested taking turmeric + holy basil for inflammation pain. after two weeks of it i've definitely seen a difference. the turmeric i think i'll save for the inflammation flare ups.

I just take a small handful of epsom salts and put it on the shelf in the shower and dip the wet washcloth in it and use it to wash before I use soap. Soap used to contain magnesium salts but now they use magnesium stearate which does not work the same. The skin is actually good at taking in magnesium. I also keep a container by the sink and will sprinkle some on my hands when washing them. Then when I go outside in the winter, my fingers don't seem to get as cold. It is used in the energy cycle. Known that and utilized it for years now and it does work.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

sweet. i don't even use soap at all in the shower. just shampoo & conditioner on my hair about 2-3 times a week, and coconut oil or conditioner when i shave. ...dirty pseudo hippie, hehehe.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderlustqueen

sweet. i don't even use soap at all in the shower. just shampoo & conditioner on my hair about 2-3 times a week, and coconut oil or conditioner when i shave. ...dirty pseudo hippie, hehehe.

Some of the enzymes in the new soaps are hard on the skin. Lipases disolve the fats, protenases disolve the dirt. Well technically all soaps have these abilities and are sort of enzymes.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've got some magnesium filled 12 gauge shotgun rounds known as 'dragons breath'... believe me, magnesium does in fact do something.

Start @ 4:22

edit on 29-2-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I can only use sacrilegious basil. For some reason, the holy stuff burns.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

ohhhh, haha, well i'm glad even the evil ones are getting the nutrition they need.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

< 3 we need a heart icon. couldn't post without a space between.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Autorico because: STUFF!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

PURPLE K is your friend

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Got a call from my son a few days ago raving about magnesium oil. He had used it topically and was extraordinarily relaxed and his feet stopped hurting.

I plan to get some of the oil and try it. I have mentioned on here before how it stopped my severe palpitations. I had to take it daily for some time until one day I noticed I was taking it with distilled water. I had gradually been drinking more distilled water than spring water and apparently depleted my magnesium stores. Now, I cannot take it internally because even a daily amount goes right through me.

Looking forward to giving it a try and thanks for all the links.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Magnesiun is, IMO, the most important supplement. So many things depend on it, and the crap soil that most food is grown in is lacking (not to mention most people don't eat enough food conducive to magnesium. It also takes a long time to recover magnesium levels in the body. Magnesium deficiency is rampant.

My wife needed a magnesium drip while pregnant at one point. I started religiously supplementing after a 2 week course of the evil drug Gabepentin decimated my magnesium levels, leading my over-the-top extreme health to turn into me feeling like i was near death (that and it's ability to destroy the immune system, which my "doctor" lied to me about. Took 2 years to fully recover.

Besides all the hearth benefits, it's used in sparklers, which is cool.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great responses everyone.... this place could always use a little more (en)light(enment).

Here's another for Magnesium I just thought of and "confirmed" with a sample article:

YEAST INFECTIONS/CANDIDA
www.thecandidadiet.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join