It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Of Windows 10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Now that I have your attention...

As consumers who pay the bills of the companies we purchase product from, we are in a position to dictate to some extent, how that product progresses or matures. We have two options. Don't purchase the product and/or write the company that produces said product, and express our concern for the direction they are moving. Microsoft is not so big, they can afford to completely ignore the end user, but they are big enough to propagandize and influence the end user into thinking they can't make a difference by taking a stand, and this is the way things are. Live with it. No!

If you hate Windows 10, get everyone you know to flood Microsoft's telephone, mailboxes, facebook, twitter, and every where else with negative feedback. It DOES make a difference when we come together en masse, and let these companies know we are displeased. I have written MS myself, and have encouraged everyone I can to do the same. Be respectful, coherent, brief, and to the point.

Don't just whine. Take action. Let them feel your ire in large numbers.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lol. New age drama.

*shakes head*

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Lol. New age drama.

*shakes head*

You mean "first world problems"? Lol.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

What issues have you had with 10? I have been running it on several PC's and laptops with no real issues to speak of.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What issues have you had with 10? I have been running it on several PC's and laptops with no real issues to speak of.

I have had zero problems with Win 10 functionality, other than some annoyances. It's stable and fast. But I do have problems with Microsoft's continued hybrid approach to the UI, instead of releasing a polished and finished product.

However, Windows 10 is fast becoming more hated than Windows 8 was. The point of this thread is to simply say... Then do something about it. Don't wait for MS to do the right thing. Take action if you want change.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I get the annoyances. What I hated about 8 was it's UI was geared towards a touch screen and if you didn't have one, it was cumbersome. 7 is the best they have done.(IMHO) But 10 isn't bad. it' s just how MS works though. They toss out a rough stinky turd, and they have you, I and everyone else tell them which areas to polish and de-funk, and when 10.7 comes around, it will be a sweet OS. And if things go as they have, that will also be right around the time windows 14 is announced.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
True. 8.1 one has now matured into a good OS, except for the UI. Same will likely happen with 10. Supposedly, 10 is the "last" Windows. Everything knew will be upgrades to it. We'll see if MS sticks to that.

An interesting feature of 10 is, that it was written with the capability to have large chunks of the code replaced without having to replace the whole OS. Something earlier Windows versions couldn't have done to them. Basically, it is a group of separate components put together, which should make it easier to do major upgrades to it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Allow some perspective:

1. Trump could actually BE POTUS.

2. There is a miniscule possibility the asteroid coming appx. 11,000 miles from earth will be pulled into our gravity and explode overhead, devistating whatever is below. This is somewhere between 3-5-16 and 3-8-16. That they can't pinpoint the date in itself is worrysome.

3. Planet X. Nuff said.

4. Zika virus.

5. Irradiated Pacific Ocean water

6.. The entire banking system is collapsing.

But let's all write Microsoft and pitch a hissy fit!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
Why didn't you post this in the last 50 threads on Windows 10?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Allow some perspective:

1. Trump could actually BE POTUS.

2. There is a miniscule possibility the asteroid coming appx. 11,000 miles from earth will be pulled into our gravity and explode overhead, devistating whatever is below. This is somewhere between 3-5-16 and 3-8-16. That they can't pinpoint the date in itself is worrysome.

3. Planet X. Nuff said.

4. Zika virus.

5. Irradiated Pacific Ocean water

6.. The entire banking system is collapsing.

But let's all write Microsoft and pitch a hissy fit!

Could you please let us all know when it's OK to post on other topics then eminent doom? I did all my prepping back in 2012, so I'm all caught up.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
HP DV7-6135DX. Integrated ATI/Intel graphics setup. Windows 7 worked great. I upgraded to Windows 10. Found out HP doesnt give a damn about upgrading their drivers and Windows 10 obviously could give a ****. I have most of my Windows games running under linux at this time. If I where to revert back to Windows 7 it would be with the original disks I purchased to install Windows 10 (restore disks I paid money to install windows 10 because I'm an idiot). IRONY! I have nothing good to say about my experience with upgrading to 10.

Edit - F U HP! I have sent so many people away from HP after this BS!
edit on 2/29/2016 by mockingmay because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/29/2016 by mockingmay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That "Get Windows 10" nagware should have been your first clue...

NSAsoft's latest OS is nothing more than a Trojan horse in drag.

Do a search for Skynet is REAL, I dare you...

Windows 10 spies on you and even more so on your children aka phones home (welcome NSA/CIA/thoughtcrime/1984)! Microsoft added spying features to Windows 7/8 as well (more general list). Microsoft officially admits that automatic spying cannot be disabled in Windows 10.

The official Microsoft guide on Windows 10 telemetry settings contains this beautiful tidbit: "Ability to gather user content, such as documents, if they might have been the trigger for the issue". Now, Microsoft states that user files can be requested only on the "Full" level of telemetry, however you need to bear in mind that this feature is built-in, it's remotely triggered, and it can be used to get any of your data any time they want.

Why Windows 10 sucks or Everything Wrong with Windows 10

Also watch Katherine Albrecht's video if you haven't already...

Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

edit on 2.29.2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why call and rant when you can do it from within windows 10.

Start
Type "feedback"
click windows feedback and go from there.

You can click the Cortana circle next to the start button and then the feedback icon.

Run classic shell if you cannot figure out Windows 10 interface.
Classic Shell

8 has matured. It matured into Windows 10.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mockingmay
HP has gone steadily downhill for years now. So it's no surprise to hear someone who has fallen out of love with them.

Have you written them?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
But have you written them, Murgy?

That's what the OP is about. Doing something. Get your friends together, and let them know you're paying attention.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

it's a little sad that you think you need windows 10 to be spied on. All you need is an active connection to the net. Don't do stupid things on your PC and you won't set off any alarms. But to think you aren't being watched is so 1983.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: staple

Start
Type "feedback"
click windows feedback and go from there.

You can click the Cortana circle next to the start button and then the feedback icon.

Well done. I should have included that in the OP, but didn't think of it at the time.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I for one use win 7 pro it is for the most part stable and serves all my requirements accross several
machines.

i having read and dug into the information about win 10 and the spying that goes with it
and having to be very selective now about which updates i install as they are trying over and over
to squeeze the win 10 spy ware into earlier windows along with malware dressed up as updates
simply to keep prodding you into upgrading i will never ever install or use win 10 they can shove it!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Death Of Windows 10

I wish we could go back and see XP upgraded, but not overloaded.
Xray Papa was, in my opinion, the best OS ever.

Pretty much says it all...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Like Katherine Albrecht says in the video above, "Nothing free, is free".

The only sad thing I see is that people still believe that NSAsoft actually cares about it's customers privacy.

Win 10 has taken data collection to the next level with 13 pages of spying/security settings that must be manually disabled. Once you do that, you're still left with a handful of services that can't be disabled, relaying your data to MS. Today, your data is a far more valuable commodity than the revenue generated from the sale of an OS.

NSA Partner in Crime? Microsoft Admits Windows 10 Auto-Spying Can’t Be Disabled

edit on 2.29.2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join