It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump polls higher than the other 4 candidates combined in new CNN Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Mr.Trumps ceiling seems to be as high as Trump Tower. Those pundits who said he would stop around 25% to 30% are now seeing that the Trump campaign is picking up speed not slowing down anytime soon. Trump receives half the votes in the latest Nationwide CNN poll at 49% which is more that the other 4 combined at 47%.

On the Republican side, the new survey finds Trump's lead is dominant, and his support tops that of his four remaining opponents combined. The businessman tops his nearest competitor by more than 30 points: 49% back Trump, 16% Marco Rubio, 15% Ted Cruz, 10% Ben Carson and 6% John Kasich.

www.cnn.com...

Marco is also up and Cruz is sinking. He will be lucky to pull a double digit win or even a win at this point in his home state as well as Rubio losing Florida badly right now.

Will Super Tuesday wrap it up? The ceiling is broken, there is more GOP support now than in the last 8 years but the GOP will not stand behind the candidate that not only the people want, but, smart politicians who are endorsing when seeing the tide shifting. Just like the DNC Vice Chair stepping down, you are seeing separations in the parties that will drive this election and the next general for control of the House....
edit on 02am29amf0000002016-02-29T09:23:53-06:000953 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

For better or worse, yes, I think it'll be over after tomorrow night. Ted Cruz might win Texas and Arkansas, but I expect Trump will otherwise come out with almost insurmountable delegate lead. I don't know if anyone will actually drop out, but at this point, it seems more due to stubbornness than a realistic chance at winning the nomination.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Marco is also up and Rubio is sinking.

Is he bipolar or something?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
...ew. I suppose this country is just a huge social experiment, anyhow.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Out of curiosity... say you wake up after a particularly boozy election day, find your country in bed with a horribly bad decision, what is the right way to ask that bad decision to leave the office of the POTUS without too much fuss? Is there a legal track for moving this person along? Is it just a matter of waiting the 4 years until a suitable occasion presents itself?

"Look, I know you were elected, and I know you just came here... but I made a mistake and I really don't think this is going to work out. I'm going to work now, and I'd appreciate it if you could just slip the keys under the door when you let yourself out."

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yea the deal was sealed at the last debate with subsequent desperate attacks coming of late. Republican establishment and the lot really don't want to admit that folks are not really that stupid. Not a bunch of cattle no offence to bovines. So F**k them. And folks see right through this David Duke bull crap as well.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

In the last few days he seems to be. The small hands joke against Trump was classic.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That had me a bit confused too.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CrikeyMagnet

The only recourse to remove a sitting president is through the impeachment process. That can be initiated and completed at any time, but I would suggest that, should the political establishment use that as a means of invalidating the popular vote, especially in the current political environment, that might have some rather undesirable consequences of its own.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Exactly. It'll be like playing GTA in real life.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Personally I would prefer anyone over Hillary. If it is to be Trump so be it.

I am thinking that a Trump presidency would make enough people mad as to actually pay just a bit more attention. There just isn't enough mad people. Like Howard Beale said in the '70s. First you gotta get mad. Right now you got 3 major camps. 30% on one side, 30% on the other and then the 40% who just don't give a crap. That has got to change. Maybe Trump is the man to do that.

Pretty much everyone knows who pays any kind of attention realizes whoever wins between Hillary and Trump it is going to be a circus the next 4 years.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

The only recourse to remove a sitting president is through the impeachment process. That can be initiated and completed at any time, but I would suggest that, should the political establishment use that as a means of invalidating the popular vote, especially in the current political environment, that might have some rather undesirable consequences of its own.

The hope is that it would be initiated simply because letting the guy sit there is worse for the country than getting him out... but a more desirable approach would be to not give the chimpanzee a loaded handgun to begin with.

I'll wait around patiently for people to tell me to keep my nose out of American politics (being Canadian), but when the election happens, y'all are on y'alls own. I'll start the bricklaying for the US/Canada wall myself.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Agreed. Maybe Trump is exactly what is needed to get people to shake their heads, and figure out what's actually good for them, instead of what seems like an entertaining roller-coaster ride of braggadocio and bluster. It "worked" for reality tv... but ye gods, please don't turn your presidency into the absolute worst of television abominations.

Gene Simmons for VP!!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

The only recourse to remove a sitting president is through the impeachment process. .

Tell that to Lincoln or Kennedy.
edit on 2292016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Personally I would prefer anyone over Hillary. If it is to be Trump so be it.

Right. Going back I realized I breezed right past this part. We're accustomed to taking "the lesser of two evils"... but "evil" is right in that old cliché. Why are we picking amongst evils to begin with? Who decided that the two evils should be pitted against each other to be given the keys to the kingdom?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I don't understand. I thought the evil media was out to destroy Trump through their lies and distortions and yet... here's a poll where the evil media is showing Trump having more support among likely GOP voters than the rest of the candidates combined.

Why wouldn't the evil media just distort the polling results to show waning support for Trump?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Marco is also up and Rubio is sinking.

Is he bipolar or something?

Marco is the controller in Rubio's head, pushing the buttons and pulling the levers, donchya know!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What is the merits that get one in to presidency contest? For some reason it seems like those merits are focus on absolutely wrong things.
I for one would happily vote for restart presidency contest and look new ppl to choose from, if American ppl cannot offer better leadership than what we have had and seemingly keep having it, then i must say there is no wonder warfare is not even close to ending, its just about to get start it. Its like they put these clowns as faces of leaders, like they know that everyone knows presidency is just like another American idols, except they dont even have to know how to sing,, Have first black face as president, perhaps next time a female, or someone ppl already think as a clown....
One would think that nation that calls em self the greatest on the earth, could and would offer much more realistic leaders than some celebrities and known warmongers, well when the nation is run by weaponry business etc, i guess it goes hand in hand, u can be "greatest" if u can force others to follow ur rule or else..
edit on 29-2-2016 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Trump will be the next president.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The republicans are now calling him an "adulterer" LOL My God what a bunch of kooks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join