It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any reason to live?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There is worldly love (with one person) and universal love (independent of object). If you search and reach a state of universal love, you are not so dependent on the worldly love. You will love deeply all creatures. Anyhow practically it is not that easy. I would advice to serve others as much as possible (even unknowingly by anyone) it will bring some meaning to your life and satisfaction, as you will be loved by others, but don't do it if others demand it or try to make you kind of slave. I hope this helps a bit.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you can't be happy by yourself you'll never be happy with somebody else, just dependent.

There's a whole world out there to explore filled with valuable experiences that can be so subtle you'll never be able to explain how profoundly you've been changed by them. Interactions with people and nature, individual limitations you're able to surpass and grow from, failures that lead to monumental victories, suffering that leads to appreciation, loss that leads to fulfillment. It's all there for you if you have the balls to go out and take it, most never do. They'd prefer the comfort of the mundane and safety where they never get to find themselves and discover their potential. Don't be one of them.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
one post, OP never came back, y'all been hit'n runned.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

maybe he decided to stop living. /shrug

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
its probally worth pointing out the minor fact that the OP has been banned

so its a safe bet they will not return to this thread

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hopefully they derived some answers or at least new thoughts from some or all of us that will help them find comfort in their journey in that case.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wtfiswrongwithall
If you have a ton of reasons why you'd never bother trying to establish a relationship with a woman is there any other reason to bother living?

I've hated existing for a long time now because I'm Canadian and the thought crossed my mind sometimes that without a woman there's no point living.

So other than wrecking other people's lives for something to do what other reasons are there to live?

tacos, anime, art, nachos, legos, just to name a few reasons

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"Is there any reason to live?"

As Bruce Lee once said, "We don't live for. We simply live."

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wtfiswrongwithall
If you have a ton of reasons why you'd never bother trying to establish a relationship with a woman is there any other reason to bother living?

I've hated existing for a long time now because I'm Canadian and the thought crossed my mind sometimes that without a woman there's no point living.

So other than wrecking other people's lives for something to do what other reasons are there to live?

You've seriously distorted your life's purpose if you think it revolves around another person, especially a woman. Instead you were created to serve God not man. Get right with God first. Put your trust in Jesus and whatever else you need will be added unto you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join