It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any reason to live?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If you have a ton of reasons why you'd never bother trying to establish a relationship with a woman is there any other reason to bother living?

I've hated existing for a long time now because I'm Canadian and the thought crossed my mind sometimes that without a woman there's no point living.

So other than wrecking other people's lives for something to do what other reasons are there to live?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well are you in search of a meaning to life because you currently have none? Just checking if you're alright. PM me if anything is wrong, I've always loved being there for people through hard times and to me this is one meaning to my life. On the other hand I can not imagine life without a girl/woman. I have none now, but I have the potential (HAH!) of having a relationship with one. The meaning of life is to become better, to support people (that you wish to) and to love. I hope all is well friend. Certainly here for you if need be.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a dark view there, take it from someone who's only a year ago had complete breakdown from fear of death. Get out and explore the world a bit. Get outside your comfort zone, I went to a beach I've never been to solo, got to meet awesome people along the way. Look for places you've never been to and later ask yourself why you didn't do this sooner.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've always assumed living was a way to acquire knowledge and experience. Relationships were something that happened along they way, but never a motivating force in life.

If you haven't spoken with mental health professionals, you may want to have a chat with them. They might have better answers than others

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wtfiswrongwithall

You could play a game where, instead of focusing on bad thoughts and letting them ruin your mind, you only focus on hopeful things so you can feel hope and love.

When playing, should any negative thought occur, you just think of some positive way it could be fixed, instead of dwelling only on the thing's negative side effects.

You can call the game being+ or being positive.

It's a cool game, a lot of people play it.

Seriously, man - there is hope in you, and there is love in the world. It is only because you are so focused on the negative things of the world that you cannot see the good things.
edit on 2/28/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Wrong friend. There is a purpose to everything under heaven. We dont always know what life's purpose is for us. Yours may be yet to unfold.

Life is for living...in many ways, situations, relationships or no relationships. Live your life...do the best you can every day.

Ive said before. Though I am married...I try to learn at least 1 new thing each day, and I try to help someone with or do for them 1 thing no matter how large or significantly small.

Lastly, I try and not be too hard on myself when I make a mistake, Because I...like you...am human.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Life is totally pointless, with or without love. Love can make things nicer & help pass the time but make no mistake about it: this life has no meaning.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Do you have any hobbies? Any good friends? Why have you given up on women? We might be able to help you better with more information.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica
You are right in a way, but I think the point is to find positivity in the discussion? Actually, I would change your reply by switching the word "life" to "existence". Life certainly has whatever meaning we put to it. Our existence however has none.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I strongly suggest travel for you my friend. I noticed this crazy thing when you leave podunkville and travel where the weather is nice.

That one portly, semi attractive girl with the bad attitude, that broke your heart, well, because she was the only girl in 50 country miles, is replaced with hordes of women. You can find anyone. At that point, you look back at your own miserable past and go WTF and grin.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: formatting change

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I strongly suggest travel for you my friend. I noticed this crazy thing when you leave podunkville and travel where the weather is nice.

That one portly, semi attractive girl with the bad attitude, that broke your heart, well, because she was the only girl in 50 country miles, is replaced with hordes of women. You can find anyone. At that point, you look back at your own miserable past and go WTF and grin.

This exactly. Dumped my fiancé and went to a girl just as bad a year and half later who dumped me the day after she first said I love you (Christmas day). And was with two friends getting slightly drunk at a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. No woman is worth sacrificing what you want and need to the point you're thinking life isn't worth a darn.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's important you "off" yourself tonight, right away! Oxygen is in short supply and there's billions of humans in need of it.

JUST KIDDING!!

Dude! Who ever said women make your life complete??? Go outside, get some air...women are not the end-all/be-all of human existence (despite what THEY might want YOU to think). The minute you realize this...they'll be crawling all over you! (and then you get the last laugh, because you don't need any of them).

Seriously!

edit on 2/28/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I've hated existing for a long time now because I'm Canadian

I lost it when I read that

I hope you stick around.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

All of those replies so far? Nice, yeah, but none of them holds a candle to a good woman.
Little secret? Good women are looking for good men. Be one.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I heard a quote recently.

The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.

Seek out your meaning.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, there's a great deal to enjoy in life other than relationships. I know this, because I've never really had a relationship and I'm in my mid 40's. I don't know what it feels like having someone care about you that much, but it must be nice since people seem to be rather consumed by it. I gave up trying to think that would work out a long, long time ago and the worst statement people say is "There's someone for everyone."

There's not.

But there's still things you enjoy doing that bring meaning to your life. I don't know what that is for you. You need to find what it is you can enjoy aside from being in a relationship and focus on it. (and no, that's not wrecking other's lives)
Conversely, many people find great joy and meaning from helping other's lives though. Worth a shot maybe?

I do want to say though, that in the largest perspective and whether you have a relationship or not, this universe doesn't care whatsoever and everything we do is essentially meaningless in that regard.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Why stop there, go full nhilistic.
whats the point of mating, we all die, and inevitably the species itself will die off, making any attempt at existance futile.
One day the sun will go nova, removing this entire solar system and any life that may still exist, and eventually atoms themselves will break down

all pointless..all for nothing...whats the point.

Pretty sure the point is to develop a sense of humor and simply enjoy today for today..see what tomorrow brings, and stop demanding there be some sort of huge point in your life, or existance as a whole anyhow.

As far as relationships are concerned..be social, get a dog, or a girlfriend, or a buddy, and share your feelings...its what we do. Dont want to be in a relationship? then dont be. plenty of mgtow's out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through. (Limp Bizkit)

Check out early and you ain't learning much, and if reincarnation is real then you are gonna realise you are on a one way ticket back to this hell hole with the knowledge you have to do it all again.

Instead, do this course, this subject, life, one time and do it well...and long.....and when you check out you can say "Well damn, I gave it my very best shot.....let's see what's next!"
edit on 28-2-2016 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

And welcome...by the way....dude, you are new, before checking out for good, check out the Aliens and UFO's forum, or the secret societies forum, dive down the rabbit hole.....

Women.....what the hell are women when I have the Rendelsham Forest incident to explore, or the Zimbabwe incident, or the incident in Melbourne in the 60's (memory is faded slightly)

Life is way too interesting to just throw it all away because you are Canadian and can't get some.

Also, masturbation helps.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
Life is totally pointless, with or without love. Love can make things nicer & help pass the time but make no mistake about it: this life has no meaning.

Nothing could be any further from the truth, NONE of us is here by accident.

There is no such thing as an unimportant life...

The source of everything you just said is the social engineers behind the curtain.

Mainstream social programming tells us that there is no purpose for life and they ALWAYS lie.

In order to find the truth, one must believe the OPPOSITE of what propaganda is telling us.

The biggest loss for humans is to die without discovering the ultimate purpose of life and WHY we were really born.

Connecting with one's purpose should be every ones goal in life.

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

All of history will be different because you lived... Your very existence has already unalterably changed the course of world history. All of us, from the child who does not survive the womb to the centenarian, leave indelible marks in the lives of those around us and those who come after us. Our purposeful or incidental interactions and intersections with other people affect the timing of events or ideas or decisions that direct the future trajectory of their lives, eventually affecting millions.

www.desiringgod.org...

POPULAR CULTURE = BRAINWASHING. "Popular culture" (music, TV, movies, books, fashion etc.) is NOT spontaneous but corporate controlled and manufactured. "Today's mass culture operates like the opium trade: The supply determines the demand."

Bankers Are Behind The Counter Culture

Modern Western culture is based on denying objective truth and erecting a false reality in its place. The New World Order is dedicated to replacing Truth with a solipsism created by the same people who create money from nothing and charge interest.

Modern society is based on a solipsism created by Illuminati (Cabalist) Jewish bankers and their Masonic minions. The word "solipsism" means a self-created reality that has little or no connection with Truth. Instead of being dedicated to Truth, humanity has been hijacked by the bankers. The "New World Order" is a solipsism that stymies and enslaves mankind while increasing the bankers' power and wealth. We are being drawn into a solipsism that inverts good and evil; truth and lies. We are being inducted into a satanic cult.

WESTERN CULTURE BASED ON DENYING REALITY

Thus kulture is contrived. How do we know what we know? We are taught by the mass media and the education system. But what if they were subverted by a satanic secret society, i.e. the Illuminati? The mass media and education system promote this suspension of reality. Truth is suppressed. Lies are promulgated. Negative or self-destructive behavior is portrayed in a positive light.

How the Illuminati Control Culture

A couple of links that go into more detail:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics