It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Man Gets 10 Years, 2,000 Lashes Over Atheist Tweets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Look, our "Friends" the Saudis are dispatching justice again!

2,000 lashes... I assume that is the Saudi way of stating that they are going to whip this guy to death because he refused to proclaim Allah as his God and dared state that he did not believe.

Death for blasphemy.

Why are we wasting time in Syria again when these barbarians are in power?

koin.com...

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism in hundreds of Twitter posts.

Al-Watan online daily said Saturday that religious police in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing Quranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teachings fueled hostilities.

It says the 28-year-old man admitted to being an atheist and refused to repent, saying that what he wrote reflected his own beliefs and that he had the right to express them. The report did not name the man.

The court also fined him 20,000 riyals, about $5,300.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is just one of the reasons why I have a hard time accepting Muslim/Islamic/Arabic culture. How is it "right and just" to do this in any sense? What a lovely ally.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am so glad Saudi Arabia is head of the UN Humans Rights Council! It would be hell on Earth if it wasn't for them protecting people!

/end sarcasm

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I guess that guy got his 2,000 hunks of burning love from the religion of peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I am so glad Saudi Arabia is head of the UN Humans Rights Council! It would be hell on Earth if it wasn't for them protecting people!

/end sarcasm

No kidding, just proves what a useless and corrupt organization the UN is.

Would love to see them get booted out of the US and relocated to Brussels.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

/end sarcasm

Brussels?

Brilliant! I so get that reference!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If you have to force people under threat of punishment to believe in your God, I really think that should tell you something about your religion

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not my business what they do in their own country, it's for the people there to rise up if they decide it needs to stop.

I find the fact that we created, endorsed and empowered them quite sickening though.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Can this overlooking thing have anything to do with oil?

Naah?

Dumping oilprices, is for what? What other super power exports oil, and is hurt by this price dump ?

You get one guess!
edit on 28/2/2016 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't understand why the American people tolerate this while, at the same time saying we need to get rid of the ISIS boggeyman. Saudi-arbia pretty much is the same as ISIS, but hey they sell oil in American dollars. So what? America has more oil than they do and we barely drill for it because of the EPA. Propaganda at its best. ISIS is bad because they cut peoples heads off in the street. But but the Saudis do the same thing. pay no attention to that, they are our allies. Pretty shameful if you ask me, and yes i'm American.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: robowarrior

That the UN has permitted them to be a part of the Council on Human Rights, is despicable. This mistake should be corrected.

Here are some political cartoons about it from the UK.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Maybe hit them in the pocket , buy our oil from another country who will not treat its citisens like that , Russia
for one

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

It's interesting to think about how they would react if their massive income was removed. I almost shudder to think.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think the Nuke tests would happen within weeks ,Just to show the west they have friends in other places .

Hitting them in the pockets or where ever they keep their cash is the only way they will understand

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They have it down to a science, heres a recount from someone that had fifty lashes…

Daily Mail

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I never realized the Saudis belief in Allah was so feeble that some guy tweeting would be such a threat.

Must be a fragile Religion.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
2,000 lashes? i cant even imagine the pain and suffering involved in that.
those people are animals!
no....i take that back...animals dont torture other animals.
edit on 28-2-2016 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Only 2,000 lashes? Is the guy even alive after getting 2,000 lashes? I would think 100 would be enough to kill a person. Isn't it amazing the U.S. considers Saudi Arabia an ally? Nothing like supporting a country that subscribes to Sharia law, and all the barbaric torture that goes along with it. Sounds like an ISIL supporter to me!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Oh they will spread that out over the ten years. A hundred at a time will keep him alive long enough to get the 2,000 in.

Just think what the UN has in store for the rest of the world on the human rights front! Makes you wonder what governments are planning if the Saudis are leading up UN Human Rights Council. Lil Kim might be a better choice. At least he uses an Anti-aircraft gun. Makes it quick and easy.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

/end sarcasm

I'll second that. The U.N. is one of the bigger problems in this world right now. They create more problems than they have ever solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join