It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he'll 'open up' libel laws if he's elected - USA Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A strategy to subdue the Press. He hopes they'll lower the volume under fear of vexatious litigation.

It's childish really when every major media outlet has a legal department who know Damn well he's bluffing.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Really want to know why the LEFT hates this ?

Because they know their SLANDER would never hold up in courts of law.

They why they absolutely LOVE the courts of public opinion.

And for the record the constitution gives free speech.

With a caveat that has been proven in courts of law for over a century.

Free speech is not a license to lie about others.

From where I sit. Politics could use a dose of truth these days. Since it is nothing but lies to begin with.
edit on 28-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Seems like it's just another one of his "appeal to x demographic" schemes in order to attract more voters to rally to his cause, in this case it would be the rich and famous who want to hide away from the media spotlight

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All for suing the crap out of the media when they write BS, that they know is BS.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: 727Sky

Bos: Trump's yammering comes from a place of constitutional ignorance, and it appears he once again engages his mouth before thinking. Doesn't his handlers act in a filter capacity? Does he believe with a lead so big over the other candidates he can verbalize anything that comes to mind and suffer no repercussions? Or is it merely for shock value?

He is always talking about "His People" (handlers) advising him; yet refuses to answer the questions posited as to who these people are. What are they actually; voices in his head: he says it this way its all 'magic' working in his favor.
edit on 28-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Shocking, you attack the left but completely ignore your camp, the right. As if your camp doesn't LIE all the damn time and SLANDER everyone!

edit on 28-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

A strategy to subdue the Press. He hopes they'll lower the volume under fear of vexatious litigation. It's childish really when every major media outlet has a legal department who know Damn well he's bluffing.

Guess what those legal departments within these notable papers have specialized in; the first article of the constitution "Freedom of Speech, Assembly, Freedom of the Press (they would crush his kindergarten lawyers).

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Missed all Trumps attacks on 'Fox News' ?

I guess so.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Libel...schmibel.

I'll take this day and age of media over what we grew up with, assuming you're old enough. CBS, NBC, and ABC...that was it.

Yeah there's a lot of crap out there, but who cares? It's our job to discern the truth, separate the wheat from the chaff. I'd rather have too much media, then not enough.

To attempt, by this intimidation, and make no mistake, that's what it is, to silence the fourth estate?

No, Donald. That you can not do. Period. You don't like people saying bad poo about you? Stop saying stupid poo, and advocating stupid poo. When someone like David Duke endorses you, you've taken a wrong turn somewhere, a-hole.

Get a clue, surely you've enough money to go to Wal-mart and buy one?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/28/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh bumptious BS ... the "Left" doesn't hate this ...

This leftie, for one, is glad to see it!

I want Mr. Trump to go all in! Speak your mind Donald! Don't hold back!

I can't wait to hear what part of his "mind" he will "speak freely" next!

Bring it on!!!

edit on 28-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do you want or expect the media to tell you the truth or lie to you?

As a matter of fact, for those who DO NOT PAY ATTENTION?

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans

For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government’s mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?

That is why those who merely base their arguments on MSM talking points are not and should not be taken seriously!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So you're in favor of Mr. Trump's getting rid of those nasty protections for the "mainstream media" then?

AKA The First Amendment.

But the "alternative media" is okay then?

Fair enough.

How do you tell the difference, you know, legally?
edit on 28-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So you're in favor of Mr. Trump's getting rid of those nasty protections for the mainstream media then?
AKA The First Amendment.Fair enough.

Not an amendment; an article.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

So you're in favor of Mr. Trump's getting rid of those nasty protections for the mainstream media then?

Okay, you've got me. Which Article of the Constitution enforces a Free Press?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There is Nothing exceptable about Defamation, Slander , and Libel against American Citizens . Mr. Trump realizes that the Media's Job is to Report the News , Not Personally Attack those that it considers being in Disagreement with their Slanted Views on Current Events . Laws must be enforced for Everyone in these United States , including those who think they are somehow Above them .

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Okay, you've got me. Which Article of the Constitution enforces a Free Press?

The first one of 10 within "The Bill of Rights". The First Article designates the freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, freedom of religious practice specifically to be a human right.

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Trump critics were 'for' the fariness doctrine until Trump came out in 'Favor' of it.

link   
More empty promises when will the idiot voters ever learn?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

There is Nothing exceptable about Defamation, Slander , and Libel against American Citizens . Mr. Trump realizes that the Media's Job is to Report the News , Not Personally Attack those that it considers being in Disagreement with their Slanted Views on Current Events . Laws must be enforced for Everyone in these United States , including those who think they are somehow Above them .

There are laws in place to address Defamation, Slander and Libel.

Mr. Trump says he's going to remove the protections from the media, i.e. The Press.

He seems to think he can make laws as President.

Are you against the Freedom of the Press then? You think the media should only report what politicians like?

How would that work, exactly?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So you're in favor of Mr. Trump's getting rid of those nasty protections for the "mainstream media" then?

AKA The First Amendment.

But the "alternative media" is okay then?

Fair enough.

How do you tell the difference, you know, legally?

The first amendment protects free speech! Not those dishonest enough to use it to disparage others unfairly! Perhaps you should read some of the case law?

Regardless, it's ridiculous that you would even argue with me over "expecting to be told the truth"! I even provided you a start to educate yourself........hmmmmm

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join