It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump goes on defense over Mussolini quote, David Duke endorsement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Trump was smart to not answer the media vermin's loaded question. It's pathetic how they need to resort to race baiting tactics. Even the impotent RINOs are playing the same sleazy game, it's a joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don’t know about the Duke thing.

Trump claims he had a bad ear piece and he is on record as denouncing Duke.

But he knew the Mussolini quote would cause problems.

Trump is consciously playing the “I’m not politically correct and the media is out to get me” card.

It works for him

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Yes; and is why he courts it, sometimes two network shows broadcasting live interviews with him at the same time. Who is the master here at manipulation although he cries foul?
edit on 29-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Yes; and is why he courts it, sometimes two network shows broadcasting live interviews with him at the same time. Who is the master here at manipulation although he cries foul?

I agree with you, Trump is controlling the media. They are unwittingly helping him. Its brilliant in it's execution.
The other candidates just are not smart enough to use modern media to their advantage. Trump has reduced them to the level of hurling personal insults. He throws them back whilst controlling the narrative. Smart. No wonder he has been so successful.
edit on 29/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So because a person is a bad guy nothing they say can be correct? If Mussolini said the Sun rises in the East should anyone agreeing be dismissed?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: TaleDawn

The billionaire passed on the Mussolini line "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep" to his millions of followers on social media.

Asked if he wanted to be associated with a fascist, Mr Trump said: "No, I want to be associated with interesting quotes. Hey, it got your attention didn't it?"

Coming from a website here on ATS, that says 'don't be sheep' all the time, I see no problem with the quote. Are we supposed to be sheep and do whatever the establishment wants? Or do we stand for our voice?

I agree with Trump, it is an interesting quote, no matter who said it!

I dunno, live 100 years as a sheep? Sounds nice to me. Just hang out, walk around and sleep...live ONE HUNDRED YEARS...vs one day as a lion running after things all day and dying.

I kind of think it's a stupid quote and panders to people's emotions.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I just saw an interview from 2000...Trump absolutely knew who Duke was:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

a reply to: TaleDawn

The billionaire passed on the Mussolini line "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep" to his millions of followers on social media.

Asked if he wanted to be associated with a fascist, Mr Trump said: "No, I want to be associated with interesting quotes. Hey, it got your attention didn't it?"

Coming from a website here on ATS, that says 'don't be sheep' all the time, I see no problem with the quote. Are we supposed to be sheep and do whatever the establishment wants? Or do we stand for our voice?

I agree with Trump, it is an interesting quote, no matter who said it!

I dunno, live 100 years as a sheep? Sounds nice to me. Just hang out, walk around and sleep...live ONE HUNDRED YEARS...vs one day as a lion running after things all day and dying.

I kind of think it's a stupid quote and panders to people's emotions.

I likewise find it stupid, but I would not say everyone who says it supports all of Mussolini's policies.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I just saw an interview from 2000...Trump absolutely knew who Duke was:

So? Its pretty obvious that a few days before Super Tuesday trump does not want to be on TV telling people not to vote for him, whilst the other candidates are not being asked to disavow anyone, or indeed not even being looked at in terms of who supports them.

At least you cleared up one thing - the video shows that Trump is not a racist. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It shows Trump doesn't care either way. He cares about being popular and winning.

He didn't like Duke back then because it hurt that parties chances at being successful, and it hurts him now to take Duke's support.

Racist, not racist -- at this point it doesn't matter. What SHOULD matter is that he doesn't care either way -- which is how only a sleazy career politician would act.

And Trump isn't "establishment"? What?... total and utter BS. He's shown clearly that he acts and behaves just like any other politician. He's got his own money, but others have more -- and one common denominator among the wealthy elite? Those folks always crave more. More money, more power.

Two sides of the same coin people.
edit on 1-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It shows Trump doesn't care either way. He cares about being popular and winning.

He didn't like Duke back then because it hurt that parties chances at being successful, and it hurts him now to take Duke's support.

Racist, not racist -- at this point it doesn't matter. What SHOULD matter is that he doesn't care either way -- which is how only a sleazy career politician would act.

And Trump isn't "establishment"? What?... total and utter BS. He's shown clearly that he acts and behaves just like any other politician. He's got his own money, but others have more -- and one common denominator among the wealthy elite? Those folks always crave more. More money, more power.

Two sides of the same coin people.

The only problem with your conclusion is that Trump has disavowed Dukes' support three times now (before and after the interview with CNN). He must be getting bored of the clinically insane who keep asking him to disavow someone over and over again.

It seems no matter what he says there will be those that want to indulge in conspiracy theories about Trump and the KKK.
edit on 1/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And apparently he also denies his father being arrested in 1927 at a KKK rally...he really seems to think he can re-write history just by saying something never happened:

Queens, 1,000 white-robed Klansmen marched through the Jamaica neighborhood, eventually spurring an all-out brawl in which seven men were arrested.

One of those arrested was Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Rd. in Jamaica.

And Trump's revisionist, white-washing of history?

When news of the old report surfaced last year, Donald Trump vehemently denied his father's arrest. "He was never arrested. He has nothing to do with this. This never happened. This is nonsense and it never happened," he said to the Daily Mail. "This never happened. Never took place. He was never arrested, never convicted, never even charged. It's a completely false, ridiculous story. He was never there! It never happened. Never took place."

Washington Post

Trump is quite familiar with the KKK and Duke. Despite projecting an image of strength, his playing the "I don't know" card is incredibly weak.

edit on 1-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And apparently he also denies his father being arrested in 1927 at a KKK rally...he really seems to think he can re-write history just by saying something never happened:

Queens, 1,000 white-robed Klansmen marched through the Jamaica neighborhood, eventually spurring an all-out brawl in which seven men were arrested.

One of those arrested was Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Rd. in Jamaica.

And Trump's revisionist, white-washing of history?

When news of the old report surfaced last year, Donald Trump vehemently denied his father's arrest. "He was never arrested. He has nothing to do with this. This never happened. This is nonsense and it never happened," he said to the Daily Mail. "This never happened. Never took place. He was never arrested, never convicted, never even charged. It's a completely false, ridiculous story. He was never there! It never happened. Never took place."

Washington Post

Trump is quite familiar with the KKK and Duke. Despite projecting an image of strength, his playing the "I don't know" card is incredibly weak.

Oh I stand corrected - Lucky the Washington Post are there to save the day lol. Lets ignore Trump on video disavowing Duke in 2001 and also three times this week. I guess we should go with the Washington Post and establishment conclusion. They are now talking about the Trump/Duke party and actually saying it with a straight face. Guys like you will eat it up.

In terms of his father, here is what one site summarises:

To be clear, this is not proof that Trump senior—who would later go on to become a millionaire real estate developer—was a member of the Ku Klux Klan or even in attendance at the event. Despite sharing lawyers with the other men, it's conceivable that he may have been an innocent bystander, falsely named, or otherwise the victim of mistaken identity during or following a chaotic event.

He was also released without charge.

Carry on with your wild conspiracy theories. Get your tin foil hat out and go lie down somewhere!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I would much rather live one day on top of the world, than one hundred being herded around according to the will of others.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I would much rather live one day on top of the world, than one hundred being herded around according to the will of others.

Amen to that.

Here is something else Musollin said:
"Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day."

Oh boy, was he right.

..and something else very true..

"The fate of nations is intimately bound up with their powers of reproduction. All nations and all empires first felt decadence gnawing at them when their birth rate fell off."

He was in fact a very insightful and clever man, just flawed by being a complete lunatic!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join