It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Bernie have a better chance at beating Trump than Hillary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A lot of people are saying Bernie has a better chance at beating Trump than Hillary does. He does IMO, because this is an election of populist anger. One side is mad at imaginary threats, the other side is mad at what's actually happening.

Bernie vs Trump would be 1 on 1 with two Candidates who are summoning and using American angst right now and using it on their campaigns. They are both heartstring pullers and hot button topic pressers. Hillary would be just "more of the same" and people don't want "more of the same" - They want BIG changes.

It's going to take more than establishment politics and establishment thinking to beat Donald Trump. This is why I'm hearing people say Bernie has the better chance at knocking Trump off than Hillary does.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Maybe.

Hillary has been chosen. The GOP Establishment will help to get her elected if Trump gets the nomination.

The Establishment Elites shelter their own.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We can look at a few numbers to decide that. Favorability is one thing to check.

Clinton
Favorable: 41%
Unfavorable: 53%

Sanders
Favorable: 43%
Unfavorable: 34%
Never heard of: 12%

Trump
Favorable: 31%
Unfavorable: 63%

Of course there are head-to-head polls to consider as well;
Trump vs Clinton

Clinton 45.3%
Trump 42.5%

Clinton +2.8

Trump vs Sanders

Sanders 47.5%
Trump 41.6%

Sanders +6

Now if you look at other possible races (Clinton vs. Cruz, etc.), Clinton loses to everyone except Trump. While Sanders wins against everyone except, maybe, Rubio.
edit on 28-2-2016 by links234 because: Change the final point.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
According to the news here, since New Hampshire, Sanders lost big time. His comeback has to be historical.
So its up to Trump and Clinton... pest or cholera ?

please let me know i have gotten false info ?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hindsight being 20/20, I made this post months ago. Looking at this now, Bernie very much would have had a better chance at beating Trump. Hillary's campaign seems to be spiraling out of control with scandal after scandal and health problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Bernie had a more sincere support than Hillary, not sure how they feel now, since he sorta betrayed their idealism...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

He had more "loyal" support. A lot of voters that are voting Hillary are on the fence with a paperclip clamped to their nose.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

fwiw , i would pick bernie over trump and trump over hillary.

i also know numerous republicans who fear bernie over hillary and dont want to see her drop out.

IMO personally i forsee hillary winning but not because of voter support, but rather because the system is clearly for her . the only way she wont win is if she dies.

edit on 22930America/ChicagoMon, 12 Sep 2016 19:22:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join