It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bisping Vs Silva

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ah man, what an awesome fight!

Glad Bisping finally got his shot, always felt he won the Sonnen fight and the decision against him was maybe a bit swayed in favour of all the money they knew they were gonna make off Sonnen Vs Silva 2. He was definitely on his game last night.

Anderson still has an adamantium face, dunno how he can take shots and not even get cut its really weird.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Bisping was given 2 gifts. And deserves neither.
1st gift- Was awarded a 4th round.
2nd gift- A possibility of a MW title shot.

Was an entertaining card though.
But Fight Pass? Geez

Any thoughts on 196?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Chris Weidman proves there's nothing adamantium about Silva's chin. Yes, he can take shots, but Bisping is pillow-fisted and only hit him square once (2nd RD half knockdown).

Anderson simply clowned around too much and got out pointed. The 3rd RD knee would've been curtains for Bisping had The Spider went to the ground and landed a hard left - Herb would've called it even at the bell - but he did his thing and clowned around and celebrated too early.

One thing: Anderson in RDs 3-5 looked like a very competitive middleweight. Maybe title shot worthy. That front kick in RD 5 was old Spider and the knee still puts everyone to sleep. Gotta give it to Bisping for not being removed from his consciousness by that front kick.

If anyone looking at the two men's faces at fight's end 100/100 would've said Silva was the winner. The 10 pt must system sucks. Silva did exponentially more damage and beat Bisping in a 'fight' (obviously not a judged fight. Ugh). I wish we would get a couple Instagram shots of Silva's face and Bisping's from today. As Bisping said in the post-fight interview, a doctor would be his first visit. I imagine Silva was out enjoying London's nightlife, not visiting a doctor.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Re: UFC 196 - I think it's a solid card. Conor isn't gonna KO Diaz. Diaz fought Rory McDonald and got rag dolled, but not KO'd. The Punk, Josh Thompson, is the only to ever KO Diaz and it was a head kick ne never saw. Conor is too short to kick high enough to get to Diaz head.

If Nate doesn't move his feet slickly he's in serious trouble. If he keeps good ring control and is slick he can Stockton Slap Conor for a couple rounds and then shoot a double and put him on his back and then Conor is in serious trouble. All that being said, I don't think this fight happens if UFC really believes Nate can win. I predict Conor by UD.

Co-main I've got Holm. She's a lot better than people thought and even may still not believe, but confidence and experience is huge and she's got em in spades.

No thought on the rest of UFC 196.

P.S. RDA is SCARED!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Mcgregor's range, ability to close distance and timing is gonna give Diaz problems but Diaz would eat Conor on the ground. Just think he'll opt to keep it standing and try to bang it out.

It's an interesting matchup though.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Really? The fight was just to promote England/UFC.

Bisping didn't win the fight.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Re: UFC 196 - I think it's a solid card. Conor isn't gonna KO Diaz. Diaz fought Rory McDonald and got rag dolled, but not KO'd. The Punk, Josh Thompson, is the only to ever KO Diaz and it was a head kick ne never saw. Conor is too short to kick high enough to get to Diaz head.

If Nate doesn't move his feet slickly he's in serious trouble. If he keeps good ring control and is slick he can Stockton Slap Conor for a couple rounds and then shoot a double and put him on his back and then Conor is in serious trouble. All that being said, I don't think this fight happens if UFC really believes Nate can win. I predict Conor by UD.

Co-main I've got Holm. She's a lot better than people thought and even may still not believe, but confidence and experience is huge and she's got em in spades.

P.S. RDA is SCARED!

Alright! Somebody who follows the sport.

UFC thought Holm was easy pickn' too.

dos Anjos scared?
No, not to fight.
But maybe getn caught with the illegal substances.
I believe McG is thankful dos backed out.

Thanks for the opinion. Well worth reading.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Mcgregor's range, ability to close distance and timing is gonna give Diaz problems but Diaz would eat Conor on the ground. Just think he'll opt to keep it standing and try to bang it out.

It's an interesting matchup though.

Diaz has a slight advantage in height and reach.
Take McG to the ground, yes, MURDER.

I'm with you....
He may wanna strike the whole time, which of course COULD be a bad decision.
Diaz is no slouch in the striking dept. though.
I find this fight to have the potential to be WAY more entertaining. Although, I was hoping to see dos axe McG up.

For the record:
I am of Irish and German decent.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: devinderrick

Yeah, no sh!t!
Fight shoulda ended at the end of Rd 3.
But since it didnt, that rd was a 10-8 Silva.
That score card made me sick.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

P.S. RDA is SCARED!

Alright! Somebody who follows the sport.

UFC thought Holm was easy pickn' too.

dos Anjos scared?
No, not to fight.
But maybe getn caught with the illegal substances.
I believe McG is thankful dos backed out.

Thanks for the opinion. Well worth reading.

No problem.

Maybe it is PEDs RDA was afraid of. I was being sarcastic though when I said he was scared - many of Conor's legion argues everyone is afraid - because I don't think he is at all. I would haven't bet on RDA to beat Conor (if RDA was a dog, yes), but do believe you are right Conor is thankful it's not RDA he's facing.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Aw shoot man, my apologies for missing the sarcasm, for I like and enjoy it.

By no means am I saying McG is scared to fight dos.
But to a degree, yes I feel he's thankful.
Reason being, with a potential loss, it could slow the train (hype).
Now he, and others, have the opportunity to ride longer.
With that though, I believe Diaz has a great shot at winning 196.... providing he plays smart.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I havent watched the fight yet, but i will check it out on fight pass when i get a chance. But i heard it was some good striking on both their parts.
Bisping has been my number 1 since TUF. Love his attitude and he just get sbetter and better.
Im glad he took home the W over Silva. I never liked him and always routed for the other guy.
Very eager to watch this fight though, and to see Bisping finally take the belt.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

No worries, internet sarcasm is a poor art of mine.

Yup, if Nate can stay out of range and extend the fight, win a couple middle rounds, he can test McG's gas tank. A 3rd or 4th round double by Nate could be recipe for success. Looking forward big time!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Bisping pushed the river the entire fight......he was relentless and Silv is finished, obviously Silvas silly looking footwork hs been solved his habits hve been exposed and hee is a reliable "book" on him fighters are using to train wih that 100% absolutely exposes him for the showboater he is......they should have given him a Superfight while he was still exciting to watch because now he is done and over the hill.

Bisping deserved he victory because he earned it,he wanted it more and he earned it,his volume of strikes and legkicks and his blocking of most of Silvs significant strike atempts were more than enough to win the fight the way they boh agreed to fight it ......I tune in to watch MMA not to watch Anderson Silva prance around like an old grey Gazelle.......I am glad the judges didnt award him respect because he refuses to be a well rounded fighter and he refuses to push the momentum of the fight, as he always has.To my-eye his style is distasefull like Nate Diazes is,sloppy and distastefull to the eye.

Bisping had Silva figured out from the 1st minute forward and Silva could not answer back,the book is closed on Anderson now and he doesnt deserve an automatic chair a the Big Table any more.
I might add the Ref was to blame for the Knee to the chops......and Silva took advantage of the Refs delay....I am glad the Ref corrected the moment and wish he had acted faster and then penalised Silva .

Personally I think Bisping was hurting him lot more wih the leg kicks than we thought and he should have "chopped him down" earlier looking to hurt those candle-sick legs....something any fighter could have done long ago,chop his skinny legs down and elbow him as he closes and as soon as he looked to knee then leg kick his free legs knee out while its in the air and end his career ....lol.....now everyone knows exactly how to work his feet so leg kicks,elbows inside and luring him into a a whip kick to the free leg hanging knee when he tries launching his knee to the chin in close and is lights out for the Old-Dog.

edit on 29-2-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yes a thought that Diaz has legs like Silva and they are ripe to be chopped down and the pitter patter punches Nate throws set him up for inside elbows and also for uppercuts.......he leans forward a lot making leg kicks an unattractive option so his opponent needs to bait him by giving him long range left hand options then changing angles on him as soon as he commits,BANGING HIM HARD to the leftleg ,and backing off,not staying in the pocket with him and not tying to out-dance him like Wideman and Bisping and everyone will now do to Silva who sits back on his heels as a habit...Diaz doesnt sit back on his heels , he leans forward and reaches out and his center of gravity is more forward of his hips so he will eat elbows and uppercuts quite nicely if you let him get into his pitter patter punching .

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Nice analysis. Mcgregor's hopping front snapkick that he uses to close distance is gonna be a problem for Nate because of his forward leaning stance. His corkscrew uppercut is also gonna be a problem because it's rangey and slips through the guard. If he's smart he'll use a lot of low/high mix ups like Henderson did to good effect as it can be easy to confuse him and keep him defensive instead of proactive.

Diaz has the potential to back mcgregor up and overwhelm him against the fence with pure output, slow him down with some crushing body shots then take him to the ground where it'll be a wrap.

Am really looking forward to this fight, it's gonna be a serious scrap and an interesting mix of styles. Would like to see both guys win for different reasons.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You have an excellent dynamic perspective of the fight game and direct accurate insights.I agree that he will have to mix it up and keep doing so to not allow Diaz to be proactive as he needs to be to be at his best.

Yes Diaz has shown he has the ability to back almost anybody up with his high energy high volume output,he is definately not a surgical striker. You do not wish to go to the ground with the lanky scrapper,I agree i will be a wrap if it stays on the ground and I can even see a frustrated or hurt Diaz trying the broken-wing lure to get it to the ground.

What will be interesting to me is who will carry the fights overall momentum....and how the Judges will interpret the method used...IMHO one man will be better served trying to push the river aerobiclly and the other will be best served pushing the river anerobiclly....with the common denominator being the high energy both men like to bring and the willingness to be touched each man displays....the Judges may not respect an anerobic type of momentum control from Conner unless signficant strikes /kicks are landed consistantly there has to be a lot of gun with the run .....and then again because of Diazes style which they are familiar with they Might not respect his lack of evolution at this stage of his career and may need to see him finish the fight standing up to respect his focus which might be difficult for him to do wih his lack IMHO of knockout power in both hands....he will have to hope to do damage and make a dramatic mess of C-Macs face...IMHO a decision will tilt towards Conner ..... I hope we do not go to a decision.......I have been a huge proponent of the Paying inhouse Fans voting on who takes the most money home seperate of the Judges decisions . I have a strange feeling that this might be a bloody one and at the end of the day whoever literally has thicker skin[or better pre-fight prep/conditioning/corner support] may have homefield advantage.

I also want to see these two tango and also have reasons to see both excell.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Silva kneed him and took off. Had he followed it up he probably wins. Ala BJ Penn vs. Sherk.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

originally posted by: devinderrick

Yeah, no sh!t!
Fight shoulda ended at the end of Rd 3.
But since it didnt, that rd was a 10-8 Silva.
That score card made me sick.

Bisping was winning round 3 until that knee. I can see 10-8, but not sure I agree with it.

top topics

join