It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a toilet not a restroom, get over yourselves! ...and other annoying Americanisms

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It's a toilet not a restroom, get over yourselves!

Actually, it's a lavatory.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ummm...NO...it's a HEAD...especially when I'm captaining...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well...skip to the loo baby...skip to the loo...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Come now, let's not turn this sensible discussion into a poop flinging contest, why would I crap in the cistern ? And why is using the sink to wash my derriere bad ? A sink is used for washing parts of the body no ? There's no written code of ethics that a sink should only be used for cleaning the top half of your body is there ?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo
When I poop, I call it giving birth to politicians. Would that make the toilet Washington DC?

You're not far off bout DC. I usually refer to it as a cesspool--same thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It's not a toilet. It's a crapper.

Incidentally, I call it the litterbox.
edit on 2/28/16 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Hehe... I'm just thinking about those times I've brushed my teeth in the public sink!

You should try the cystern trick.

Happy crapping.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

6 pages in and we finally get "head" as the bathroom word, but no one has mentioned commode.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I also have wondered why "restroom" .. i guess people like to read their newspaper there.. it is so hectic in US and propably the only time they get for themselves without spouse and kids.
In other hand Britain has a word LOO which is something to do with Room 100 or Waterloo... ugh

This was quite disturbing.. well first poo song in India
take a Poo to the Loo... i guess there is a message..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here at home, we call that room, Casa de La Stinky.

Which is German for "Sand Lizard".

I'm still unclear on the connection.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Mild first world problem rant, although I'm not cross, just irritated.

US people, why do you call it a restroom??!!
Who the # actually goes for a rest in a public toilet? I don't, I go to have a piss or a dump.

I see it all the time on ATS, restroom, bathroom, WTF, when was the last time you saw a bath in a public toilet? Ever see someone chilling out having a rest in a toilet? You know, sat with a newspaper recovering from the stresses of the day like it's a boutique spa? No, it's a toilet, and we use it for perfectly normal bodily functions.

Another one that gets my goat is 'asshat', why hide it with a childlike word such as that, if you mean asshole then call me an asshole, who do you think you're kidding with asshat, and why?

Call a spade a spade, if asshole is what you mean then why shy away with asshat?
If you need a piss why are you embarrassed to ask to use the toilet?

Nobody thinks you are going to the toilet for a rest or a bath so why the stupid word substitution?
Are you really that ashamed of normal bodily functions?

[/rant]

Too much LIME makes one talk funny.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Mild first world problem rant, although I'm not cross, just irritated.

US people, why do you call it a restroom??!!
Who the # actually goes for a rest in a public toilet? I don't, I go to have a piss or a dump.

I see it all the time on ATS, restroom, bathroom, WTF, when was the last time you saw a bath in a public toilet? Ever see someone chilling out having a rest in a toilet? You know, sat with a newspaper recovering from the stresses of the day like it's a boutique spa? No, it's a toilet, and we use it for perfectly normal bodily functions.

Another one that gets my goat is 'asshat', why hide it with a childlike word such as that, if you mean asshole then call me an asshole, who do you think you're kidding with asshat, and why?

Call a spade a spade, if asshole is what you mean then why shy away with asshat?
If you need a piss why are you embarrassed to ask to use the toilet?

Nobody thinks you are going to the toilet for a rest or a bath so why the stupid word substitution?
Are you really that ashamed of normal bodily functions?

[/rant]

I just knew that was you by the title, bad day at work dear

Cannot be arsed to read the whole thread but if not mentioned yet why do Americans call trousers pants?

And as for the pronuciation of Basil(bayzill????)...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

6 pages in and we finally get "head" as the bathroom word, but no one has mentioned commode.

Actually per Jack speak, its "heads" not head. I like head. I use it all the time. So pipe me a board and show me the golden rivet.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
And as for the pronuciation of Basil(bayzill????)...

Much closer to the original Latin Basilicum than 'Bah-zul'.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Fine.

When you start calling them trucks and apartments we can talk. I mean really lorry? Flat? No one lives in a flat, it's a descriptive term. Something is flat and you couldn't live in a something that is flat.

By the way ... I take a bath in my restroom all the time at home. Why? Because that's where the bathtub/shower happens to be.
edit on 28-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Ummm...you did too mention commode...we were all just waiting for you to say it...

took ya 6 pages...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

It's a toilet not a restroom, get over yourselves!

Actually, it's a lavatory.

Actually, in Prole circles its called the sh$tter.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I just knew that was you by the title, bad day at work dear

Lol, no, I'm in a good mood, been chuckling at all the replies so thanks to everyone who has responded, I don't think there's a post I have not given a star to.

I'm plastering at a house conversion tomorrow and the site 'toilet' there is minging, proper rough. The plumbing isn't finished yet so you have to take your own bucket of water from the hosepipe...but some lazy bastards don't so it smells rough as a badgers chuff.

...definitely NOT a room to have a rest in!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Fine.

When you start calling them trucks and apartments we can talk. I mean really lorry? Flat? No one lives in a flat, it's a descriptive term. Something is flat and you couldn't live in a something that is flat.

Tragically truck and apartment are becoming mainstream in the UK as well...damn you former colonial neo empire builders!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Or their bums, fannys

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join