It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will the Media Do Without Trump ? Where is Hilary ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was thinking about how 99% of everything on the news is about Trump, 90% is negative LOL. CNN mentions Trumps name over 1500 times a day, Fox about 1000, I just saw it on Media Microscope. Hilary gets 400 mentions on CNN per day.

Fox news saw how an absent Trump can affect ratings. They would practically have nothing to talk about without Trump. Last night MSNBC had "Trump Nation", if they meant that to be a smear thing then man did they get that one wrong, that guy is SUPER smart. I didn't know he was all that, I really didn't know anything at all about him before he started campaigning but really nothing before that, just saw his name in Vegas and heard tabloid tales over the years, saw him on the news. Why don't they have a "Hilary Nation" ?

Ofcourse the difference in Trump and Hilary media wise is that Trump will do an interview with anyone on any station with the exception of Megyn Kelly , Hilary will not. Why is that ? When is the last time Hilary has done a Fox news interview?

Back on topic, they are going to have a dilemma soon if You ask me. I know they will milk it to the end, but to the end of what ? Other than the MSNBC thing, at what point will they start showing the more positive accomplishments instead of every little negative thing he did and said? Are they desperate enough to go positive with Trump to help him get elected so they will have more interesting news every day for the next few years ?

What brought it to my attention is that there was a Fox news discussion today about how everything the media does works against them pertaining to Trump. If they say something bad then people watching may think it is the establishment keeping him down and while that may or may not be, that is really the point I am trying to make.

So either way, good news or bad news is news. I do know this, Fox news normally kisses republican butt and they trash Trump every chance they get, I honestly turn it to CNN or MSNBC because the liberals seem to like him, heck Im a liberal and I like him. Due to low democratic voter turn outs I would say he has a pretty good chance.

So what do you think, what will they do ? If Hilary gets elected then the run is over for the media, things wont be like they are right now. If Trump gets presidency then they will have ratings and more $$$ for years. What do You think ?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The script put forth by the RNC isn't being followed by a wildcard like Trump. No variables allowed, nothing left to chance. They will disparage Trump at every turn, and use all resources against the Clinton campaign machine in an effort to prop their choice of Cruz or Rubio.

You did bring up a valid point: Trump would provide endless material for the media if he runs the gauntlet and succeeds, but IMHO TPTB in the Pub hierarchy won't allow that to happen. Just my .02.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
The script put forth by the RNC isn't being followed by a wildcard like Trump. No variables allowed, nothing left to chance. They will disparage Trump at every turn, and use all resources against the Clinton campaign machine in an effort to prop their choice of Cruz or Rubio.

Cruz = a Tea Party kind'a guy.

He's definitely not what the establishment GOPers wanted.

Tuff s# for them. You don't give the voters what they want long enough ... and Trump is what you get.

The voters wanted Ron Paul ... Denied.
The voters got POd and formed the TP ... starved out by the press.
The silent majority is speaking in favor of Trump ... but he's playing them for fools.

I really wonder what's next.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Cruz = a Tea Party kind'a guy.

He's definitely not what the establishment GOPers wanted.

Tuff s# for them. You don't give the voters what they want long enough ... and Trump is what you get.

The voters wanted Ron Paul ... Denied.
The voters got POd and formed the TP ... starved out by the press.
The silent majority is speaking in favor of Trump ... but he's playing them for fools.

I really wonder what's next.

This election cycle is the most disjointed and shallow I can remember. HRC is viewed by many in her own party as untrustworthy and dishonest, carrying the baggage of an ongoing investigation in her bid to win the nomination. Trump, a political outsider, is abrasive, rude, and talks in generalities seemingly unable to give specifics as to how he will accomplish many of his goals.

I believe the odds of one of them not lasting to the election process is possible, IMO. I too wonder what's next, and with the volatility and variables involved, us common folk can only speculate. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what the puppeteers have in store for us...

top topics

join