It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike in Website Attacks - Torrent sites mainly affected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
currentlydown.com...

Check out their recently down websites list.

Click on one of the sites in the list and look at the spike in the chart.

Could Microsoft be behind it as windows 10 is banned from the trackers?
edit on 28-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: syntax

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SharonGlass

Those using torrents can expect it to never end, and will continue unabated into the future, no matter what.

Research this.....

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I know it is a decentralized database, but if you could infect the very small list of viable urls sending that info with a dormant rootkit set to activate at a future time......

Not everyone has heard of Combofix

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.digitalattackmap.com...=1&color=2&country=ALL&list=2&time=16859&view=map

I would also say there is alot of fishy stuff going on right now all over the world.

What the hell is going on in the Czech Republic? Russian Softening? (joke)
edit on 28-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: sarc

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think so many of society were born using things and expecting things as the status quo...when they werent always there...then they are one's surprised when something goes down.

And it will. The youth of the last 30 years knows nothing of the way things were, and have come to expect things to always work that they grew up with, be functional and have easy fixes. Not true.

Wait. Its only gonna get worse over time. More and more things will pulse-out, infect, crash, burnup, stop working altogether.

(post by stonerwilliam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It looks like the attack traffic is the highest it's been since December 15th of last year.

I believe that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) pay hackers to attack these sites from time to time to slow down downloading of their copyrighted material.

It could also be some do-gooder who believes he is doing the right thing by attacking those nasty pirates.

-dex

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I believe that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) pay hackers to attack these sites from time to time to slow down downloading of their copyrighted material.

You are 100% correct, but i would like to add that Microsoft is the elephant in the room here.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You are 100% correct, but i would like to add that Microsoft is the elephant in the room here.

I'm curious, what do you believe is Microsoft's motivation for attacking the Torrent sites?

-dex

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

www.quora.com... identifies-illegal-copies-running-on-various-systems

Well to answer your first question, the rate of piracy varies in different regions of world. For example, Steve Balmer once met Chinese president in concern of piracy. The ratio of licensed windows to pirated windows in china is 1:9. Every one out of ten PC in China uses genuine user. That's way too high.! Indonesia is considered to be 2nd on the list with 86% pirated windows users, followed by India with a piracy rate of 63% while United States has least piracy rate of 19%. If we consider the global scenario, the piracy rate is 57%. Now, about your second question: Why Microsoft does not take any action about it? First of all, Microsoft Corp. estimates it lost about $14 billion last year to software piracy. However, it is one of the major strategies of the company. They believe that the first dose is free and as you'll get addicted to it, you'll end up buying it in near future. Bill Gates on Piracy: "They'll get addicted, and then we'll collect"

I believe this is the entire reason for windows 10 being free. What better way to get a virus on a computer, than to build it into the operating system? and when they activate their little trojan..... bye bye encryption, torrents, and data privacy.
edit on 29-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: add

new topics

top topics

join