It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stone Henge conspiracy.What really is Stone henge?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

or someone just used the five naked planets and the stars over them?

Geez ffs

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: childofapoet

Thanks to this fantastic thread. This is a personal curiosity for me and i'm looking forward to going through your material when the working week is over. S+F

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: childofapoet Stonehenge is a recreated tourist attraction. It was assembled to its present appearance in the 1950s from a pile of rubble. www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jim Scott

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
a reply to: childofapoet Stonehenge is a recreated tourist attraction. It was assembled to its present appearance in the 1950s from a pile of rubble. www.indymedia.org.uk...

That's fascinating and it must be true that it's often ignored as I've never seen it brought up here or anywhere before. Someone posted a great link in the comments section of the article you linked to a Russian language page which has an extensive collection of black and white photos at good resolution from the restoration work from the 40s/50s.

However, with just a little more quick google etc research on this topic, I was able to find that it's probably mostly ignored because while it was indeed restored, it was hardly some sort of fraud of a highly erroneous 20th century recreation. Quite a bit of work was done, but it was hardly starting from "a pile of rubble" as you said.

This blog article covers the topic well. There are excellent surviving drawings and paintings of Stonehenge from the 1800s, including faithful renderings by skilled artists including some famous works by the extremely famous and significant English pre-impressionist artist John Constable. Awesomely, the blogger went to the trouble of making some animated gifs which use false color overlays on the old drawings to illustrate what got moved and how.

I think the more amazing 'latest revelations' about Stonehenge are the ones about how the whole area is a massive complex covering ~6 square kilometers. This would lend support to the idea that Stonehenge was the very political heart of ancient Britain and thus the obvious first guess at why it was destroyed and never rebuilt would be that it was destroyed by the Romans in the first century AD as part of the campaign of conquest and subjugation of Britain.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I believe it is a dedication to one of the first and greatest leaders in ancient England. I relate it to the main mound in Ireland because there is a history of both having funeral processions around them before heading to a burial of another person lost. I forget the name of the mound in Ireland but it was of course to one of the earliest leaders or elders. People would circle it giving first respects before heading to a new mound for most recent lost. I believe after time it had acted as a Main Street sort of place. A common place to meet and trade.

If you look through history there are a lot of burials near stone henge. I would be curious if it was a mound itself as I don't know the steps that took place to unearth it but Irish mounds have stone sub structures too.

Last I watched a video on stone henge I believe they showed other mounds near it.

a reply to: childofapoet

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Kantjit and childofapoet (The OP) appear to have been banned.
Wow, how unusual is that for two completely different people who joined within five days of each other and always posted in the same threads supporting each other to get banned at exactly the same time...

Its weird, because "dayslate" who posted "stone henge solved" just last week has also been banned

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join