It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unrest broke out in a Salt Lake City neighborhood Saturday night after what appears to be a shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: Jahari

Yes, if you're a cop, or a soldier, assuming you've had the proper training, it's cake easy.. i'll give you that. I've had that training, assuming you're not BS'ing me about being a Marine, you've had that training, we know it's easy. Cops aren't typically given extensive hand-to-hand training(unless you're talking some kind of SWAT, or ERT group). They are trained, primarily, to use instruments that allow them to engage threats from a distance. Yes, they have Tonfas, or collapsible batons, and they're taught basics, but nothing seriously advanced.

The average response to someone trying to hit you, is to raise an arm, or arms, to shield your head/face/neck/torso/etc. Your average beat cop isn't wearing any kind of armor on their extremities, so a downward stroke from an implement with enough mass, leverage, and inertia, applied to a forearm, is going to break said forearm.

Someone who presents a clear threat to the officer, is never going to be allowed to get close enough to actually land a blow.

My point is that the weapon, no matter how pathetic it may appear, still represents a clear threat. Police are trained to neutralize threats, much in the same way Marines are. I'm curious as to why a Taser wasn't used, the only thing i can come up with is that the officer in question didn't have one... and perhaps the department in question doesn't have them. I don't know that, any more than any of us knows any of the facts of what occurred here.

We're talking about a broom stick!!! His response should have reflected the threat. Shouldnt be so quick to shoot to kill. I was going to bring the taste up also, maybe some pepper spray, non-lethal munitions. It was so many other alternatives. I don't know the details maybe the kid was going nuts but I wholeheartedly believe shooting to kill in all situations is ridiculous. I give you more credit then your letting on, you can't see the right in shooting a kid dead with a broom stick!

how long was the broom stick? What color was it? what kind of wood was it made of? How tall was the kid? how much did he weigh?

What? you don't have those answers? Yea, neither do we. so until we do, Mr. Armchair quarterback, I suggest a time out, and a bit more information before we hang the officer in question.

Didn't the marines teach you discipline?

You must not read well. And didn't your mom teach you manners? If you read you would have noticed I said I don't know the details. Moral of the story the kid whatever he had shouldn't have been killed. Period! Now move along and let the grown ups talk little guy.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The latest available information i saw, was that he was taken to the hospital in critical condition, and was immediately taken into surgery. If he expired from his wounds, i haven't heard about it.

In any event, as i said to you last time we talked, we need to wait until we have more information. Even a BS reason for shooting the kid, is still a reason.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Moral of the story when the cops tell you to stop what your doing you stop what your doing . Long term money saved.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

So our cities and towns are under the complete authority of police, who decide on the spot who dies and who lives. That is bad training and the training should be completely re done.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I'm not sure you can train hoodrats the cops seem to be just doing their job. Maye a little English comprehension might save a few but I doubt it. they just seem plain STUPID!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Ok. I get that. Do they ever apply techniques like just let it go for now if no one is being harmed. Or follow the guy home. Or other less lethal techniques? Must escalation always be the technique? Our social problems are going to get worse, til we address poverty and hate. So maybe people should reconsider becoming a cop.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

The latest available information i saw, was that he was taken to the hospital in critical condition, and was immediately taken into surgery. If he expired from his wounds, i haven't heard about it.

In any event, as i said to you last time we talked, we need to wait until we have more information. Even a BS reason for shooting the kid, is still a reason.

If you come across more info please post it. Too many people on here is speaking from their emotions and not their brains. Its a tragedy. I hope we can all agree on that. Poor training on the cops behalf and a mouthy teen. I still can think of any justification if he didn't have a firearm. But I will wait and see all the facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: MOMof3

I'm not sure you can train hoodrats the cops seem to be just doing their job. Maye a little English comprehension might save a few but I doubt it. they just seem plain STUPID!

You don't come across as to smart yourself. For future reference when attempting to question the intelligence of someone else make sure you do spellcheck or something. Just seems plain STUPID! I'll leave the hoodrat comment alone because for one it's used out of context and two theirs no point in even going there with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The lastest i've read on the KUTV site, is that the kid didn't die. There hasn't really been any new information since i last looked. I'm guessing it's because it's still under investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join