It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hide Forums...feature disabled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It has recently come to my attention that I am no longer able to "hide" forums of subject matter that is not topical to my ATS experience.

I seem to remember we had an option to customize our browsing experience but now cannot locate the option by which to do so.

Without this ability to reduce the wealth of topical overload on subjects I have no interest in, I find my ability to stay on site and engaged in productive contributions limited, and to be quite honest - it severely reduces my ability to proactively engage onsite and enjoy my experience here.

Has this feature been removed permanently?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I hope this gets answered. I never knew there was such a feature. Quite a few forums I'd like to hide

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Especially with the elections coming up, the ability to ignore various forum categories is sorely missed. Will this feature be coming back?
edit on 9-3-2016 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I can't find the hide forum feature either. It seems this thread has gone unnoticed...could it be because of the recent site revamp? I know the little arrow button stopped working on the revamped pages, but the Forums page isn't one of those.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: mistake

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It was disabled because idiots (like me) kept accidentally hitting the little x next to the the thread titles.
I believe SO is working on a better system - I think the option to disable should be bigger, clearer and not right next to tabs, links etc.

We shall see I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Any updates regarding this or if it will be enabled once more?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Did they ever bring this back? I realize lots of members love talking politics, and I'm cool with that. But I personally don't come to ATS for that. The front page is full of political threads, and it would be nice if i could ignore full forums so those threads don't show up on the front page for me.

I'm actually curious if donating money to ATS unlocks this kind of feature.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I found this thread with a google search. I come to ATS as an escape from politics, but the homepage is littered with so many political topics.

I get that some people love Trump and some people think he's a nut case.

But I don't want to see it every day. I can get enough Trump discussions outside of ATS. So I'm hoping there's a way to hide forums now or at some point in the future.

top topics

join