It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings. If there is a conspiracy it is not to gain control of your weapons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The argument goes that mass shootings are carried out by patsies and government forces in a deceitful way to implement gun control. What if the real reason is actually just to make more money?

gun sales increase after shootings

smith & Wesson sales increase amid mass shootings

another example

Normally if there is a crime you look at who has the motive or who would benefit from it. So you need to ask yourself if there is more to it than meets the eye?

So let’s connect the dots: Mass shootings cause insane increases in gun sales. With more people buying guns out of fear and paranoia, come more contributions to the NRA by gun manufacturers. The contributions work to ensure sensible laws aren’t enacted, so gun crime stays at a steady pace, which leads to renewed fear and paranoia, which leads to more gun sales and contributions. It’s a solid business model.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So, could the 'gun grabbers' be in on your model?

I imagine there is a fair bit of panic buying when they whip people up.

Is it possible Obama is 'batting for the other team'?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Of course it isn't about gun control. It's about people control.

I am personally asking myself who has the most motive and it keeps coming back to people who want to control more than just guns. It's the same people but it's much bigger than gun control. They want to control everything. But they need a good excuse.

Even if they want gun control, they can do whatever they want about guns once they get complete control over everything else.
edit on 27-2-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't know ...

Seems to me there are fewer people willing to become victims. Not only have new gun owners emerged from this phenomenon ... restrictions on carrying seem to be diminishing as well.

I know how to spot a guy carrying a gun (women are a LOT harder to detect). A decade ago, I'd rarely see anyone. These days, it's like one in five are carrying ... and a LOT of them are open-carrying. TBH, I feel a LOT safer knowing there are so many 'good guys' walking beside and around me.

I sure hope things don't go back to 'cowboy' in this country, but the lean towards the left seems to be fading. Hooray!!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

If you thought the Republicans didn't have a gun control agenda, let me assure you ... the Dems and Repubs are on exactly the same team.

Them -vs- Us

ETA: Obama's staff are a bunch of idiots when it comes to the subject of People+Firearms=SelfDefense. That's why it seems his agenda may be off-track or backfiring.
edit on 2722016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Put it this way if there is a powerful elite who are out to control everything they do not care one bit about mass shootings. And if it ain't broke (making you money) don't fix it (disturb profits). Tighter gun control makes it harder to buy a firearm. That means less sales and with it less money. When have rich men ever let morals and doing the right thing get in the way of profits?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Is it possible Obama is 'batting for the other team'?

Well, there are rumors.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

The contributions work to ensure sensible laws aren’t enacted

What "sensible" laws?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That was all you. Hadn't crossed my mind. Scout's honour.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I've thought this before. Whenever somebody starts spiraling into "Ahhh, they're planning these shootings to take our guns!", I'm thinking, maybe they are planning them, maybe not... but if anybody is doing it, it's the NRA. The firearm industry is huuuuuuge and they already deal in shooting.

edit on 27-2-2016 by Abysha because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

The contributions work to ensure sensible laws aren’t enacted

What "sensible" laws?

Well I'm not entirely sure there are any laws that could change the problem. The bold writing at the bottom was a quote they weren't my words. I used it to get the general idea across.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
To take our guns or to make a profit, these are trite reasons for this rampage.

The REAL deep conspiracy is much more scary and sinister.

The US government in deep black projects over the years have bombarded our psyches with activity in High voltage electronic activities that have so affected areas of our brains on a macrocosmic ( mainly in US) level as to make many, literally, fall into insanity on a massive basis.

These killings are just the fallout from this. This activity has created monstors all around us.

Its no coincidence that the US is the number one and almost only country that has such mass spree and serial killers.

They call it HARRP, ELF waves and things done supposedly at Montauk. Also the remnants of MKultra.

Understand that regarding MKultra, they have never really recovered all the files from this black project, as Richard Helms, the ex-CIA chief had more than 90 percent of them destroyed.

There’s just too many of these in America to be blamed on TV and bad raising and guns...or a government plot to take our guns or for profit...unlikely possibilities.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
To take our guns or to make a profit, these are trite reasons for this rampage.

The REAL deep conspiracy is much more scary and sinister.

The US government in deep black projects over the years have bombarded our psyches with activity in High voltage electronic activities that have so affected areas of our brains on a macrocosmic ( mainly in US) level as to make many, literally, fall into insanity on a massive basis.

These killings are just the fallout from this. This activity has created monstors all around us.

Its no coincidence that the US is the number one and almost only country that has such mass spree and serial killers.

They call it HARRP, ELF waves and things done supposedly at Montauk. Also the remnants of MKultra.

Understand that regarding MKultra, they have never really recovered all the files from this black project, as Richard Helms, the ex-CIA chief had more than 90 percent of them destroyed.

There’s just too many of these in America to be blamed on TV and bad raising and guns...or a government plot to take our guns or for profit...unlikely possibilities.

Going by statistics there was a huge spike in the 70s and it got worse from there. There must have been some trigger for this but what is anyone's guess. Media? Politics? Or something more sinister? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Of course it isn't about gun control. It's about people control.

I am personally asking myself who has the most motive and it keeps coming back to people who want to control more than just guns. It's the same people but it's much bigger than gun control. They want to control everything. But they need a good excuse.

Even if they want gun control, they can do whatever they want about guns once they get complete control over everything else.

I am personally asking myself who has the most motive and it keeps coming back to people who want to control more than just guns

Good point hence its also about transferring guns from the populace to the state.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
Showing that the true seed of the true conspiracy theorist flows in my veins, I add that maybe the control extends so far as to testing their ability to manipulate the individual into doing their bidding.

Perfecting the Manchurian Candidate.

What messages are they implaning through their digital messages, their designer earphones, and now their superior Bluetooth technology?

Reminds me of the Outer Limits episode, "The Music of the Spheres". Maybe we are all being changed surreptitiously, and not for the better.

top topics

join