It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I have to pay for Flints bad water?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tinner07
you will be paying for the substandard surgeon who forgets to remove the last sponge before he closes up.

You would be surprised how many up to par surgeons do this.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Next step full on communism.

Yep, the former USSR had a bang-up record on environmental concerns too.

And Venezuela is a green paradise with the concerns of the people right up there alongside the concerns of the environment.

Let's not forget to look at the wonder that is Beijing ... oh wait, you can't because the smog is so think you can't see it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Most people don't do their due diligence when they do get surgery.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Ive a well over 30 feet deep and through 4 feet of solid rock, and still get a bill here for the pipes that they will never attach. Mineral rights... go getcha some if you're a home owner.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
no tax money should be used to buy toxic waste,and that`s what that water was it was toxic waste not fit for human consumption.
if tax money is going to be used to buy defective products than why should any company even try to make a safe product that they are going to sell to the government.whether the product is safe and reliable or completely unsafe junk either way the company will get paid,that`s the lesson that is being learned from this fiasco.
Rewarding incompetence and criminal actions is why the country got in the state that it`s in now.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If I live in a house that is so run down that I can't tap into a safe water supply, at least in my area, my home gets condemned. Here we have a whole town that doesn't have access to safe water because the city can't deliver safe water.

You're you tax money shouldn't be used to pay their water bills, it should be used to relocate every family in the town and get them settled somewhere else and the whole town should be condemned as uninhabitable. The town finances, the state finances, and the federal gov't finances should be used to buy the real estate in the town, board it up, and well, if they ever manage to fix the danged water system so it can be deliver safe water again, then they can open the town back up.

but then again, could this have possibly been what the plan was all along???

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Were you a beneficiary of Snyder's tax cuts?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For the same reason that people are still expected to pay property taxes to prop up failing school systems year after year, even if they don't have kids, even if they pay to send their kids to other schools.

But what are the alternatives? I pay property taxes and my kids are grown. Failing schools is usually in areas that jobs have left this country. Decent paying, low IQ jobs. sad but true.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"but then again, could this have possibly been what the plan was all along???"

Finally, someone else sees it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

MOST people don't have that option, they can get what insurance will pay for...

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Are you saying you never take whatever tax cuts and deductions and credits that you are eligible for? Do you mean to say that if your state suddenly cuts taxes, you remember the old rates and write your check according to them out of general principle?

If not, I think your post is empty.

link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I doubt it. working man here...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

MOST people don't have that option, they can get what insurance will pay for...

Not true. Even under insurance, you have options. ... Unless we're talking Obamacare, I've heard it's networks are pretty narrow, so you might be limited to one surgeon and only one surgeon there.

But even under insurance, you usually have a wide enough network that you have a choice and can get referrals to surgeons who are pretty good (at least competent enough not to leave a sponge in), and most major insurances are taken at most competent surgeons. GPs are also usually fairly happy to refer you on.

Given that I've had a major surgery myself and have had several family members who have done it and researched their surgeries and surgeons before committing ... yes, it's about due diligence.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess it is only fair. If the residents of Flint have to pay for their bad water, shouldn't we all be paying for bad water?

Most of the money seems to being scarfed up by the medical and psychology people. We need to keep these people working I guess, the kids could just eat eggs for breakfast to bind the lead so it doesn't enter their system.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I am wondering what tax cuts she is talking about...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It happens even with qualified recommended surgeons. It's not SUPER common, but it does happen more than it should. What I don't understand is why isn't an inventory of surgical tools taken before and after a surgery. That alone would say "Oh crap we're missing a sponge"

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Most of the money seems to being scarfed up by the medical and psychology people.

I dont mind that so much, but they said the 30 mil was going to pay their water bills. Thats our money.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't know.

I don't live in Michigan. I guess the assumption by the left is that whenever a Republican is put in charge and something bad happens it's because they didn't pay for it, and if they didn't pay for it, it must be because they let people keep more of their own money (i.e. tax cuts).

I've posted over and over about what really happened in Flint according to a piece written by someone with relatives in Flint. The reality is a lot more complicated than a simple "grrr, Republicans evil" kind of thing and involves bankrupt cities, Detroit, the lack of water availability from Huron in a timely fashion, and mismanagement at every level involving multiple actors and agencies.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Aww come on dont you want to drink from the community well that everyone poops in that a byproduct of aluminum processing that you pay to drink is in... with trace amounts of every drug the city population drinks in it... and who doesnt like drinking swimming pool water with tastee ol chlorine? Oh I wish I wasnt so far from that yummy water I pay for not even hooked up.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hey a lil thread drift is ok, we are working on closing up big duct joints, 40 feet across. I have had to open up one to retrieve my hammer lol...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join