It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coast hardasses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So I have been in Oregon for almost 2 weeks for work.

Oregonians are cool people. I dont even mind the ultra leftist people.

California people....ooooh, your tough guys can be REAL jerks. I met some of you on vacation here....

I know most times only a hoodlum or a tweaker on the west coast will be the one to watch out for. Maybe you get into a fight at a bar for a second until everyone breaks it up and everyone puffs out their chest....

In NY, we simply dont act like rambo unless we are. Mostly....

I had a hardass LA jerk say something insulting just out of the blue so as to stroke his ego.

I had to walk away. I am not rambo, but in the BX we know the price of a runaway mouth. We are also willing to pay the price of a broken jaw or whatever so as to beat someone into humility.

As a warning, remember that not everyone is what they appear. Some people are willing to lose allot in a split second. Jail or worse is not the end of the world to many.

Only because I am smart and more of an adult than these manboys.....that is why I am here talking about this missed connection instead of talking about how I beat someone up like I havent in years.

You are full of it. You dont fight with words. In NY we fight or not.

White, black, asian. It means something different on the east coast when you step up.

You dont get to feel tough like bad man just for running your mouth, you need to do things.

So next time, dont be cowards. PUNCH OR SMACK the person you are trying to make fear your violent response. You look like such cowards.

You know who you are. Those who are not these people already know who this is written about.

edit on 2 26 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Where in the BX are you from? - Pelham Bay here.

I had no idea that there were tough guys out there

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

in cali we dont boast how much cooler we are on random forum threads, it must be an east coast thing. I would hope ats hasn't come to this. not only do we divide ourselves consistently politically, but now we divide ourselves regionly. get it together man.

edit on 26-2-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i dont think punching or smacking someone is the way to go. i just avoid human interaction all together.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

in cali we dont boast how much cooler we are on random forum threads, it must be an east coast thing. I would hope ats hasn't come to this. not only do we divide ourselves consistently politically, but now we divide ourselves regionly. get it together man.

We don't boast about how much cooler we are *commence to imply how much cooler we are*.

NY has nothing on you, that's for sure. The people in NY and Cali sure seem to like emigrating elsewhere and spreading their delightful brand of regionalism. I really love people from NY and Cali that stay in NY and Cali, they're the only good kind. If it's so great don't bother ever leaving it and informing the rest of us plebeians how great it is.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I think know if understand what you are enjoying trying to do.... but you sound like a feminine k9......

Just saying ...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh wow! That is was really bizarre.... and interesting!

I am always struggling to better comprehend the people around me, and often am not sure if our totally different behaviors and values are due to the difference in nationality only- or if it is more precise- like my way of seeing things is typical of my state, and someone from a different part of the US would relate easier than I.

One of those is the (what I call) brutish way of interacting, which involves high emotion and yelling. It doesn't get physical usually, but it is the really hostile strong emotion that seems totally out of place for me.
I'm used to people acting logical, and unemotional- in fact getting emotional is losing- if you get so emotional as to get to physical violence, you have proven yourself an even bigger loser! It is humiliating to get upset, it means you are stupid and without self mastery.

So I always wondered why those around me are so quick to humiliate themselves in public and show off their mental weakness by yelling and getting angry over nothing!

But maybe that is because I am from the west coast.... I am from So. Calif. , where we do take part in verbal sparring, but it stays totally unemotional, and doesn't escalate. The game is one of using your mental force to come up with witty response. If you say nothing and walk away- you lose. If you get mad , you lose. If you start hitting, you lose and have made sure everyone around you knows you are a moron.

So... that is not the way it is in other parts of the US? That is actually helpful to me, knowing it isn't a more general french - american culture clash.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
One of my favorite things to do with people like this (especially in areas with video surveillance) is too calmly provoke them (I've made people cry with words) and when they approach you in a threatening manner put your hands up and back away and right when they are close enough drop em with a taser or mace. Then whisper sweet nothings in their ear as they writhe in pain. Bigger they are the harder they fall, I really despise people that use their size to bully people. Big "tough guys" can get it too. I may be small but I'm smart and vicious.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Tadaman-
Would you care to elaborate on where this "incident" took place? I sense this was not a face to face confrontation but more just your run-of-the-mill, getting disrespected online kinda dealio. I could be wrong, as I found your post kinda vague but I have a hunch what you might be referring to. I saw some back n forth on a thread in the last day or two. Don't remember the exact dialog but I remember thinking you handled yourself with restraint and maturity in the face of possibly hurtful, disrespectful comments. Instead of trading insults you chose to remove yourself from the conversation and that was respectable.
However, I suspect you've been thinking about it, letting it simmer and now you're boiling hot. Possibly had a few drinks. Made an angry ranting post about it. Yet, instead of addressing your online adversary directly, in a clear straightforward manner, you choose to attack the entire male population of California, if not the whole West Coast?!
Everybody loves a good Cali Hater thread so I hope you get the attention and support you need to feel better about yourself and build that fragile ego back up. Thanks for the warning, btw. Lmao Here's a warning for you: don't take online interactions so personally, it's a waste of your emotions and bad for your health. Hating on an entire State because of a negative online interaction is childish.

edit on 2 27 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You know who you are. Those who are not these people already know who this is written about.
You are quite the riddler. Indeed, I am not "those people", so evidently I already know who you're writing about.
Cool, thanks for clearing that up and confirming my assumption.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I used to live in LA. It's full of gangs, drugs, crime, and prostitution and thugs; some of whom are just wannabe thugs. In some parts of town, every other block has its own gang and some parts of town you should really not go into. My guess is that you ran into one of the wanna-be thugs. The real ones don't broadcast their status.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
when it comes to mouthy people regardless of which coast they are from its important to remember two things. and empty barrel rattles the loudest. never judge a book by its cover, you never know who's dangerous and who's full of bluff and posture.

it's usually the silent ones who are the most dangerous. they're quiet for a reason.

examples of both.

most tuff guys bail when it gets real and the other person calls their bluff. it's more like their mouthing off and attempts at intimidation are more like tacit tantrums to get attention. usually it works for them. either ignore them or call them out. expect a "bluff charge" and when that doesn't work. fully expect them to volunteer to just walk off muttering to them selves all sorts of "why I outta, coulda, woulda."

the other is I know a guy who is 135lbs. I out weigh him by nearly 100lbs. he makes a living playing a guitar on the street busking. rides a bicycle and looks wimpy. he's also, and he doesn't advertize this so you'd never know by hanging out with him unless he told you, the protege of several of the top martial arts masters in various fairly hardcore disciplines. has trained law enforcement, and seems to know personally the whos, who of the martial art community. he and I had a falling out (both our faults) last time I saw him on the street he was Dopely walking down the street in his usual bouncy step, long hair in disarray, guitar on his back. my response. for the first time in my life I literally went "oh sh** it's *****!!!" and I literally ran. was grateful a bus pulled up to the corner and I got on and fled. I outweigh the guy by 100 pounds. he scares the crap out of me. I know I have no chance against the guy if we went at it. he'd destroy me in a split second. I know this because I was his former protege. and i still carrythe injuries and scars from sparring rough with him. the outside world, his neighbors, strangers all look at him with his tie dyd shirts, guitar, and gooft fedora and figure. he's harmless in a fight at least I know I can take down that skinny lanky dweeb. and that assessment would be 100% in error. that quiet unassuming one would be the first to wipe the floor clean with your ass.

so never judge a book by its cover or assume.

also, never randomly mouth off in public and assume your the predator and alpha male of that scene. last year I was on the bus. a wannabe gang member looking guy got on the bus and started saying how he couldn't wait to f*** up a white boy. saying this on a bus full of white people in an obvious attempt to bully or intimidate. doing that "tantrum" thing I talked about earlier. most folks reacted normally and tried to stay awsy from him clearly uncomfortable with his behaviour and threats. one little white dude stends there calmly pretending to look at his phone. I think that's strange, but then I look closer and realize his response to the guys actiines were to immediately deploy a knifevand semi conceal it under his crossed arms using the guise of looking at his phone to mask his body movement and language. it worked. the thug was happy with himself proclaiming he will whoop a white boys ass soon. and he never realized he was quietly being shadowed by the quiet guy the entire tirade he was on. if he did try anything the thug would have been met by overwhelming force and stabbed. luckily that never happened, the punk mouthed off the entire time and walked off the bus feeling smug. never realized a guy was holding a deployed knife aimed at him 18 inches away for several minutes.

so yeah, watch out forvthe unassuming quiet ones.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is funny. You guys knocking me are

1, trying to look cool. Which is lame.

2, diss NYers while saying we are too regionally minded.

3, prove my point. There are not enough consequences for running your mouth.

I would never provoke someone I didnt want to confront. You say you dont like conflict, yet you povoke me, showing your level of maturity.

And 4, you are defending fellow loud mouths with gym arms and consequently gym strength.

To the other poster who asked, this was face to face on the street. The tough guy walked away and I followed until I realized people fight with words here.

And like I said, I was minding my own business and this animal in people clothing chose me to feel tough with. I am about half his total mass. Real tough. Way to go defending him btw...lol

Either way, I know my physical capabilities. I am not scared by a clean well dressed white guy with gym arms acting tough.

I have been living and working in the hood my whole life. Try me face to face, I am one of the real ones. Bet.

Edit to add:
I also have an ex gangbanger on my team trying to reform his life. Had he seen the exchange mr gym boy would have been hospitalized. You really dont know who is in front of you. So Behave...
edit on 2 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ive lived on both coast, and the amount of idiots is proportionate to population, there everywhere really.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm the gayest mono here. I'd happily pound you

I'm not trying to look cool, just find a warm damp place to rest my rod...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Im flattered. You may even enjoy yourself.

I do show a good time.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

And like I said, I was minding my own business and this animal in people clothing chose me to feel tough with. I am about half his total mass. Real tough. Way to go defending him btw...lol

This behavior has nothing to do with where someone is from. i find it unreasonable at best to lay it down to states!
In a house on one side of me is a thug on the other is a kind gentleman. it has nothing to do with states or where people live.

top topics

join