It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie endorses Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

You can always write in who you want, you are not forced to vote for anyone.

This is interesting, not sure this swings many votes trumps way but interesting none the less. I don't care much for Christie but I will admit he was no nonsense in the debates and wanted to talk about issues and not that other fluff.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, this is awkward:

7 times Chris Christie suggested Donald Trump shouldn't be president:

1. Whiner-and-moaner-in-chief? — January 2016
2. Acting like a teenager — January 2016
3. We don’t need reality TV in the Oval Office — December 2015
4. No competition — December 2015
5. Trump is inexperienced — December 2015
6. Trump has to decide whether he’s serious — September 2015
7. Trump’s a great guy but isn’t suited to be president — August 2015

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Damn I hate Kristy Kreme, Trump gets the worst endorsements, BUT I am still and already have voted for him.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator
Who would you choose as VP for Trump? How about Christie as attorney general?
It is pretty exciting to think about, the more the media accepts the idea if President Trump. He is on the news so much, either speaking, having his speeches replayed, commentary about him, even when the other candidates are talking, they are talking about Trump. It makes it hard to get work done, I just want to Trumpwatch Trumpwatch Trumpwatch!

edit on 26-2-2016 by 222mockingbirdlane because: Typo

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane

I think you are right that the plum Christie us going to be looking for is the AG job.

He clearly stated during the debates that, if elected President, he would prosecute Hillary Clinton to the fullest extend of the law. The AG post will give him every opportunity to do just that...and Bill will likely be right behind her (corruption re. the Clinton Foundation).

I doubt that Rubio is going to be walking around with that childish grin for much longer...Christie scares him to death!

With this endorsement, Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton just saw their political lives flash in front of their eyes.
edit on 26-2-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
It is pretty exciting to think about, the more the media accepts the idea if President Trump. He is on the news so much, either speaking, having his speeches replayed, commentary about him, even when the other candidates are talking, they are talking about Trump. It makes it hard to get work done, I just want to Trumpwatch Trumpwatch Trumpwatch!

Dude! Attorney General?? That tub wants to criminalize cannabis all over again.

He's a fascist and Trump should smile and move on.

We don't need Christie. Just imagine if some unfortunate chain of events were to place Christie as our POTUS?

Unthinkable!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
2 bullies.

Oh, Yay.

twitter.com...^tfw

donni ‏@donni
New Jersey Bully Endorses New York Bully

Anyways, unless the GOP susses this out soon, whoever is the nominee will be so damaged from the slug-fest between Trump/Rubio (let's face it Cruz is done) that they may not be able to appear Presidential compared to Hillary.
edit on 2/26/2016 by HoldMyBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ugh. Not that I was ever pro Trump, but this does make me take another look on whether Trump is the best of the bad. Probably still is but Christie is god awful imo. Hes a sleezy, corrupt drug war relic and big brother cheerleader.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

First off I thought Christy stated in the Iowa debate that ONLY a governor has the experience to be president. Secondly, in response to your query on VP... I would hope that common sense prevails and it is balanced. Why not Kasich as VP since he apparently doesn't have a chance in hell at being president at this point but has the ability to stay calm and give a balance to Trump's lack of experience and outbursts?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Christie did say that "only a governor has the experience to be president" but sometimes punches are haphazardly thrown in the thick of it, and now Trumo is his first choice for endorsement. But, there are some misconceptions about Trump. People say he is famous for being a reality tv star, and what was he doing before this except sitting on his tv show. BS!
The only reason he ended up with that show, is because he was already famous for being such a great businessman. How many businessmen are famous for being so good and prosperous at what they do? Could any other shmuck reality star run for president? No, not a single one. And the business he has been involved in his whole life entails a lot more than any Governor has ever dealt with. And what is America, it's a big business in need of serious rehab.
Chris Christie has law experience and was appointed U.S. Attorney before 9/11, he seems like a shoe in for the AG position.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Honestly, I am not a fan of Trump. I am in total confusion this election year...jumping all over and getting totally frustrated! I may have joked that his campaign style is like a reality tv show, but seriously, I know he has purposely put forth this drama since he has learned from experience it is very popular. Kudos to him, obviously, he does know how to play the game of politics.

Unfortunately, to the ire of my husband, I still am holding back. What can I say...there is just something about him that keeps ringing 'warning!' bells off. Guess you could say, he freakin' scares the sh1t out of me! But alas...those same alerts is what has my hubby in a frenzy of support.

Edit add: though, I believe those voters like my hubby may be seriously disappointed if he does become president. I think he has a lot more air than stamina to actually follow through. He may scare our global community, but I fear he will terrorize our domestic front at the same time.
edit on 2 26 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Christie has at least made himself Attorney General in the Trump cabinet...maybe VP.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was just thinking of something funny here, less then a year ago when Trump was invited to one of Hillary's parties, I can imagine Trump sitting next to Hillary and Trump leans over to her and says, I think I am going to run for Presidency. knowing Hillary response was, she dropped her champagne glass fell out backwards on the floor laughing. I can imagine her next statement while on the floor laughing, "You" running for President, Oh come on, your kidding right! I mean Donald how are you going to explain your contributions to my campaigns to the Republican Parties and the American people?

Trumps response was priceless, Oh they won't find out about any of that Hillary, I'll just tell everyone that I am being audited!

edit on 26-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Honestly, I am not a fan of Trump. I am in total confusion this election year...jumping all over and getting totally frustrated! I may have joked that his campaign style is like a reality tv show, but seriously, I know he has purposely put forth this drama since he has learned from experience it is very popular. Kudos to him, obviously, he does know how to play the game of politics.

Unfortunately, to the ire of my husband, I still am holding back. What can I say...there is just something about him that keeps ringing 'warning!' bells off. Guess you could say, he freakin' scares the sh1t out of me! But alas...those same alerts is what has my hubby in a frenzy of support.

Edit add: though, I believe those voters like my hubby may be seriously disappointed if he does become president. I think he has a lot more air than stamina to actually follow through. He may scare our global community, but I fear he will terrorize our domestic front at the same time.

Thou shall not be unequally yoked with your husband...you must come to the Trump side, we have piss and vinegar! And cookies. Or just rebel against the whole thing, and get a "Wally George for president" shirt.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Man...Christie is the quickest brown-noser in the Republican party. Trump is looking good with a few early wins and a big lead in public opinion and look at how fast Christie is to change his tune and start kissing up to the new boss. Did somebody tie a box of donuts to a rope tied to the Trump campaign bus? Because wow, that was a quick turnaround for the big fella.

Seriously though, Christie is too well liked by the establishment to be VP. Reagan picked GHWB and...maybe just a coincidence sure, but he was an inch away from dieing on a surgeon's table. Trump will probably have to start cutting deals with the establishment at some point, but he definitely needs an insurance VP and the most obvious one out there is...you betcha, it's Sarah Palin. VP is also a job that is light on powers and responsibilities, so even if you don't like her, what harm can she really do from it?

I mean that's months away, but I would think it's obvious. Make deals with the Bushes and establishment darlings like Rubio etc if and when he has to, but don't put them in the line of succession because that's tempting them too much.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Christie endorsement is important to Trump. Christie has the know how to block anyone's access to the White House. In Texas he was quite specific about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
February 17, 2017

Not worthy of it's own thread, but an interesting insight into President Trump's personality..

Headline: President Trump forces Chris Christie to eat Meatloaf!

""The New Jersey governor and former Republican presidential candidate, along with his wife, Mary Pat, visited the White House on Tuesday to have dinner with Trump.

Christie spoke about the event while guest-hosting a New York sports talk radio show and says that when the diners opened their menus, Trump told everyone to have whatever they’d like to eat — except Christie himself.

Instead, Trump insisted that both he and Christie would have the meatloaf.
“This is what it’s like to be with Trump,” Christie said. “He says, ‘There’s the menu, you guys order whatever you want.’ And then he says, ‘Chris, you and I are going to have the meatloaf.’ “"

FWIW...The Source: people.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Apparently Trump's Dad did the same thing. His first wife, Ivana, always pointedly refused and ordered for herself. It's so odd that Trump consciously chooses to do something that he knows bothers people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join