It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

be warned: Trump is NOT what he seems.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is politics in a nut shell:

There are certain truths that will often be observed when it comes to politicians:

1) All politicians lie. That is correct, they all lie cause they want the votes to put them into office. They may be the biggest scumbags and idiots on the face of the planet, however, when it comes to campaigning, they are going to lie through their teeth, sell their own mothers out and ultimately try to convince the voters that they are the person to get the job done.

Oh they talk a good game, but the bottom line is when the stage is set, they very rarely will walk the walk.

2) All politicians are only running for one ring of a three ring circus. That means that all of those promises will have to survive the other 2. The Judicial, at the federal level, is appointed, not voted on, cause when it comes to that branch, politics need to remain out of it. So while Trump or even Sanders may have very good idea, they are going to have to pretty much get an act of god for the legislative branch to approve and even so much as an open debate on such. The legislative branch is so polorized, that they may say reach across the isle, the reality is that party politics tends to keep them divided.

So lets just say for all of us, sit back, enjoy the show. We all paid for it, might as well get some entertainment out of it, and do the one thing that most of politicians do not want us to do: Think about the politicians and Vote.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wipe the what? Do you really think she would be able to push him around?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Wipe the what? Do you really think she would be able to push him around?

Yes, I do. His performance in the last debate was pathetic at best. Even that light weight Rubio pushed him around.

I realize that the "poorly educated" probably can't see it...but Donald loves you anyway!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

BS

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I believe "Planet Cold War Calling" is Proper, in this case.
Here ya go intrptr:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

David!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Yes David! I wish He were still here to run for Our President!

It is possible, in My opinion, He would be in like Flynn!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Actually that was my gut feeling on him all along and why I reluctantly back him over other candidates. The left has gone off the map in left field into some kind of dystopian psychosis. The right is composed more of neocons and religious warriors than any true libertarians. Cruz does have a great economic stance, but hes too,much of a bible beater for,my taste and hes shown himself to be dishonorable. Trump can be an ass and is playing a bit of a character. I think his true leadership positions would be fairly centrist leaning a little true conservative on,economic policy, I think he would be good for jobs and small business. His foreign policy, when he lets it slip seems to be governed by pragmatism.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
One thing I agree with is that Donald Trump says a lot of extremist things for attention, and I'm not sure whether he would ever go through with them. He might, though.
edit on 26pmFri, 26 Feb 2016 14:55:01 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Who one the debate then in your eyes? Just curious. I really did not think anyone 'won' the debate as much as survived. I stand by the thought that with 8 years of Obama they would bring in a Bush/Clinton battle. It would have been great to market. It is not there now. Those who pull the strings did not expect it to be the way it is. A Jeb/Rubio ticket...8-16 years possible for the GOP right but it is not all out the fargin window.

Once Hillary Clinton decides to attack Trump directly, as her real opponent, it is going to be insane. This is why I laugh when people call him a bully. He is reactionary. Not proactive. He waits....then attacks. What is wrong with that...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks
When backed into a corner by Rubio or his showman's bluster deflated by a well scripted barb from Cruze, what came out of Trumps mouth last night at the debate was mostly PURE CENTRISM.

That's right, CENTRISM. Which doesn't surprise me because this pro-life conservative used to be pretty liberal, so he is coming in from the left so to speak (and that has NEVER produced a great leader in this country, right?)

Trump said it, loud and clear and shamelessly: he cares more about keeping Americans from dying on the sidewalks for lack of medical care than he does PREVENTING THE INCURSION OF COMMUNISM!!! Doesn't he want to protect us from communism?

Does Trump realize that we all now realize that Trump will not SUPPORT ISREAL WITHOUT QUESTION AND AT ALL COSTS? It is plain as daythat this lunatic is fixated on the idea of negotiating a lasting peace deal in the middle east! Crazy nut job!

There is no doubt about it. Trump really showed his true colors last night. He made it perfectly easy enough for anyone to see through his Tea Party exterior to the CENTRIST lurking beneath, There is now more than ample damning evidence that this is a loose cannon who is beyond caring about the giant corporations that represent the vast majority of our country's wealth. If elected to president, Trump is going to do everything in his power to rebuild and elevate America's middle class. Is he crazy? Some of those people getting elevated might not even be Republicans!

If what you are saying is true then BRAVO Donald Trump. Makes me wish I could vote for him.
Who in the world other than an utter madman and radical would 'support Israel without question and at all costs'. Anyone who says that is on the same level as a suicide bomber in terms of radicalisation. Thank heavens Trump doesn't support that view.

Also, any president who would let his citizens die in the streets, just so he could defeat communism, would deserve to be in jail.

Sounds like you want an extremist in charge. Very odd.

Here is a hint for you - only extremists seem to be talking about how conservative someone is. Are you in the Ted Cruz cult!
edit on 26/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wait a second, how did you know about the cult?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You are NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THE CULT

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks

You are NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THE CULT

Reverend Steve Newiln's cult - I mean ted Cruz's cult - is pretty out in the open now. You only have to spend time listening to his supporters for 10 minutes to realise it. That said, the current GOP race is a joke, with THREE clowns jostling for the most laughs and competing for who can act like the bigger baby instead of actually giving Americans a choice. It's a total train wreck.
edit on 26/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Everybody is so dogmatic about Trump, have you noticed.

No opinions anymore just blanket statements that Trump is this or that and will do this or that

Don’t we ever learn that during these ridiculous, and long campaigns that we never really get to know these people.

I have opinions of Trump but there is an unknown that people seem to be avoiding.

WE DON’T KNOW!

Trump might be the worst many say he is or the best( I doubt this) people say he is and will be; but we don’t really know, do we?

I was adamant that Obama was a phony and many people were, we were right on that

I knew Bush would be a disaster and many also knew that…we were right there too.

But Trump does have unknowns, I believe.

And since we can’t think of anyone like Trump then how could we know for sure

Why is everybody so dogmatic one way or the other?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join