It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions I would like to ask the Republican Candidates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The Republican candidates so far are pretty single mindedly keeping to just a few vote-getting topics: immigration, taxes, attacking government (shouldn't that disqualify them from being in it?) and of course the ubiquitous "growth". However there are a large number of important topics for the future of our country that they don't ever speak of or even consider. Given that, I have a list of questions that I wish someone would ask the candidates about so we could get a real image of their fitness to lead America to the future.

1. Given that the government is one of the largest employers in America, how many government jobs do you plan to cut, and what do you plan to do with such a large number of displaced workers? Also, how to plan to replace the huge amount of business funding and jobs that come from government contracts and spending?

2. America is losing farmland at an alarming rate, as well as having serious water shortages in many parts of the country. Since most Republican politicians favor population and business growth, and pretty much all of you candidates want to eliminate or seriously cut government agencies that could help monitor and mitigate water and food shortages, how do you plan to deal with these crises?

3. States around the country have been passing or attempting to pass hundreds of laws restricting birth control and abortion. How can you justify these attacks on freedom and prosperity considering your rhetoric about liberty and small government and the fact that delayed and decreased childbirth is one of the biggest factors of prosperity?

4. The last Republican administration and many Republicans since have been attacking science funding and education at all levels of government including schools, the so called "war on science". What is your science policy?

5. Can you explain to sportsmen, nature lovers and families how they are supposed to continue enjoying our natural heritage when many of you want to give away the government lands that provide public access to state governments or wealthy individuals? Also, since public lands provide a large and sustainable source of income to surrounding areas, how to you plan to replace that funding once all the resources are extracted from the land marking it virtually worthless?

6. How do you plan to provide opportunity and quality of life for all Americans when history shows that putting business people and policies in charge of government funnels all the money and power to a small number of people, lowering income, political power and even life expectancy for everyone else?

How do you plan to fund wars against Iran and other regions when we can't afford the military spending we already have, and all of you want to cut government spending and deficits as much as possible?

There are a lot more questions I could ask, but this would be a pretty good start.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The Republican candidates so far are pretty single mindedly keeping to just a few vote-getting topics: immigration, taxes, attacking government (shouldn't that disqualify them from being in it?)

This is the sort of single party politics that we have come to expect from totalitarians.
edit on 25-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Single party?? And who are you accusing of being totalitarian?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Single party?? And who are you accusing of being totalitarian?

You said that Republicans should be disqualified from being in government.

Hence, single party radical statolatry.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It kinda sums up to your first point really, that our government is one of our biggest employers in this country. My question to you would be, in what possible way would that equate to a future for us?

Seriously I wanna know, how the hell can an ever increasing bureaucracy consuming all our resources lead to prosperity?

How can a corrupt government getting ever bigger fix the problems that a growing government is causing?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Your loaded questions make it seem like you are for more and larger Government. Why would we want more Government when they already screw up everything they do? We need less Government.

Also, I would like to hear the answers to these questions from both parties, not just Republicans. Why only ask them of one of the parties when both parties are responsible for the mess we are in today?

I especially would like to hear both parties answer how they intend to keep paying for Obama's wars. If he were against them he has had seven years to get us out. Clearly he is a warmonger.
edit on 2016/2/25 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Your loaded questions make it seem like you are for more and larger Government. Why would we want more Government when they already screw up everything they do? We need less Government.

Also, I would like to hear the answers to these questions from both parties, not just Republicans. Why only ask them of one of the parties when both parties are responsible for the mess we are in today?

I especially would like to hear both parties answer how they intend to keep paying for Obama's wars. If he were against them he has had seven years to get us out. Clearly he is a warmonger.

Here here CB328, yes! We would very much like to know how government can fix our problems. And do tell us in great detail how the democrat solution is the answer.

Were waiting........
edit on 2 25 2016 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

You must be typing up an epic post, but I have to get up early in the morning to do my part to help fund this monstrosity that has become this federal government of ours so I must bid farewell. I have no doubt that you shall offer up numerous examples of how expanding federal government can help a nation prosper. So I shall read them in the AM and weep in my defeat.
edit on 2 25 2016 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We must keep feeding the beast because it's already grown too large to control!

That's the argument I heard..

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Seriously I wanna know, how the hell can an ever increasing bureaucracy consuming all our resources lead to prosperity?

If you guys really knew anything about government you would know that it creates prosperity, otherwise why do so many Republicans get government funding before they try to cut it off for everyone else? And why is the wealthiest part of the country around DC? And why is there far more money and prosperity now than when we had small government? In fact, is there any prosperous country in the world with small government? (Hong Kong doesn't count, it's not really a country). NO, all prospserous and modern countries have big government.

A lot of businesses and even whole industries wouldn't even exist without government spending. Before we had big government most people were poor, worked 15 hours a day, and died by the age of 60. After we got big government (FDR) quality of life improved radically.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Government has no money, it can only pay for things by extracting resources and capital from the economy, by squeezing productive citizens.

Some government may be useful, even necessary but, it is impossible for government to be anything but a financial drag on society.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

2. America is losing farmland at an alarming rate, as well as having serious water shortages in many parts of the country. Since most Republican politicians favor population and business growth, and pretty much all of you candidates want to eliminate or seriously cut government agencies that could help monitor and mitigate water and food shortages, how do you plan to deal with these crises?

If these agencies could help, then why aren't they? Why haven't they? We have water problems despite the administration of agencies charged with averting them.

Could it possibly be that these agencies are totally dysfunctional, hence warranting their downsizing or elimination?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If you guys really knew anything about government you would know that it creates prosperity, otherwise why do so many Republicans get government funding before they try to cut it off for everyone else? And why is the wealthiest part of the country around DC? And why is there far more money and prosperity now than when we had small government? In fact, is there any prosperous country in the world with small government? (Hong Kong doesn't count, it's not really a country). NO, all prospserous and modern countries have big government.

A lot of businesses and even whole industries wouldn't even exist without government spending. Before we had big government most people were poor, worked 15 hours a day, and died by the age of 60. After we got big government (FDR) quality of life improved radically.

This right here deserves to be quoted.

Well said on your part. And I must say, I may not know how things work as well as you do, but I do have what is known as common sense, and I must say we will have to agree to disagree on this.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They do help, USDA has lots of programs that help farmers reduce topsoil loss and keep their soil as fertile as possible for example. It would be nice if conservatives would at least attempt to learn anything at all about a subject instead of gut instinct or just regurgitating lies by retarded blowhards.

Government has no money, it can only pay for things by extracting resources and capital from the economy.

Government moves money around, giving more people access to it. Just like a juggler can manager far more objects at once than an average person. Also government has resources like employees and resources that add value to the economy.

it is impossible for government to be anything but a financial drag on society

All evidence proves the exact opposite.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Have you tried sending your questions to the candidates? Also send them to the Democratic candidates and 3rd party candidates and then you can post their responses. I would try re-wording the questions in to a more thoughtful and professional format before sending them off.

Let us know the responses, please.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If I had time it would be futile, Republicans have no interest in discussing anything of substance, especially anything regarding the common good which they are inherently opposed to.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

They do help, USDA has lots of programs that help farmers reduce topsoil loss and keep their soil as fertile as possible for example. It would be nice if conservatives would at least attempt to learn anything at all about a subject instead of gut instinct or just regurgitating lies by retarded blowhards.

Government has no money, it can only pay for things by extracting resources and capital from the economy.

Government moves money around, giving more people access to it. Just like a juggler can manager far more objects at once than an average person. Also government has resources like employees and resources that add value to the economy.

it is impossible for government to be anything but a financial drag on society

All evidence proves the exact opposite.

What you call juggling is actually confiscation, administrative processing and redistribution. Besides the awesome waste involved in such a series of transactions (most tax revenue is consumed by the bureaucracy), progressive taxation is an unsustainable scheme because, at some point, an equilibrium will be achieved at which point no more revenue is available to it.

During the brief period where it is possible, the accumulation of capital by new competitors is restricted leaving only the vested interests.

Progressive taxation and regulatory capture are responsible for cronyism.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

It kinda sums up to your first point really, that our government is one of our biggest employers in this country. My question to you would be, in what possible way would that equate to a future for us?

How can a corrupt government getting ever bigger fix the problems that a growing government is causing?

Not to mention many of the contractors are also collecting a government pension so they're double dipping at the tax payers expense on top of their company getting a large cut. It makes zero sense, we pay a huge sum of money for you to learn and train on the job. You retire. You collect a pension and immediately an then come back at double the salary in many cases when you consider that pension and a kick back to a private corporation to boot. What part of that seems responsible when we have the deficit we do and while I don't disagree with the original poster on some of his points since I have opinions that go both way, how does he expect to pay for some of the things he's upset about? Going to have to cut it somewhere
edit on 25-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

IMO the only question and topics that should be discussed is corruption. All those issue that you are talking about are effected because of corruption and conflict of interest.

You can't expect a corrupted system to fix any of your problems, especially when the system is working great for them since they created it. ISSUE #1 is CORRUPTION nothing else should be discussed at this time.

The only questions and topics discussed should be centered around:

1. Congregational term limits.

2. How are they going to close revolving door policies between gov;t and the people they are suppose to regulate.

3. Lobbying reform and implementing technology to allow everyone to lobby congress on equal terms and not just based on money.

4. Getting rid of Super Pacs.

5. FU Corporations aren't people how are you going to undo that.

6. Campaign fundraising reform and using only public money and gov't resources.

Any other question not dealing with corruption is going to send you chasing your tail. Which is exactly what they want you todo, and has gotten the masses todo for the last century. The same issues that exist today have existed for over 5 decades at minimum.

You keep asking the wrong questions and focusing on the symptoms and the actual cause of the issue then this is what you get.

HOWEVER here is the caveat that many also fall for. They don't recognize that its BOTH the DNC and the GOP that are the problem and who have been giving you such crappy candidates and regulations that have destroyed so many industries for the consumers.
edit on 28229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 23:28:01 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If I had time it would be futile, Republicans have no interest in discussing anything of substance, especially anything regarding the common good which they are inherently opposed to.

I am trying to help with some basic economic truths that will help in understanding the plight we find ourselves in.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

-Friedrich Hayek

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You will never know unless you try and "common good" means different things to different people. You seem like you might have a liberal political bias. You should have that looked at by a professional before it gets worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join