It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Savile report says BBC missed chances to stop sexual predator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Jimmy Savile report says BBC missed chances to stop sexual predator

Some BBC employees were aware of sexual assault complaints against the late entertainer Jimmy Savile but the institution missed opportunities to stop him, an investigation commissioned by the BBC found Thursday.

She said 117 people at the BBC admitted they had heard rumours about Savile, who even abused some victims on BBC premises, including the venues where his programs Top Of The Pops, and Jim'll Fix It were shot.

Jimmy Savile sexual abused both boys and girls. The BBC has done nothing about it. This goes far deeper then the BBC, even though with this it makes the BBC look very unreliable.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Disgusting old pervert..
Don't even want to be reminded of him...

Good riddance .. stay dead a long time!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is is disgusting actually. I guess he was held in such esteem, and the system was so rigid and authoritarian that no one dared to speak out. Not trying to excuse these individuals, they should have put a stop to it obviously, if they knew. But the abuse was built into the structure.

I can't help comparing this to the Catholic Curch. When a person has too much influence on others it becomes possible to pull something like this. Not saying all priests molest children or anything, far from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You read the Coleman Report? Supposedly the guy had links to Mossad. Yeah sounds mad but I dunno how mad.

It goes far deeper than JS. He's a public blame target, completely guilty but a total distraction.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Since when is the BBC a police force?
It's not their job.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The awkward thing was that back then, the elites from the private schools would see those sorts of things were just thought as someone pranking around for a laugh. They didn't see it as an serious physical assault or someone with a serious psychological problem. The reply would be "Oh, well, that's Jimmy" or "He's got a thing going for the young ones", shrug their shoulders and walk away.

If someone did anything similar on a bus, they would have been frogmarched downstairs by a couple of heavy built lads, kicked off by the driver, who would then radio in for the police to pick him up.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Don't forget the BBC have their own agendas.

Like how they were so Pro supportive of the Libyan intervention and how hardly they were pushing to intervene into Syria by making so many good feel stories about the Syrian rebels.

The BBC news outlet doesn't care what the British public says.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This was a whitewash from the start. 117 staff members is BS, even the frigging runners and summer staff knew about it.

I don't know if the girl that reportedly killed herself was the one I was aware of but there was a girl that hung herself in Saville's home. I passed that info on to yewtree as well as naming other celebrities that were involved and they did nothing with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
It's not their job.

This is a very good point, but very much wasted on ATS. Adjust your aim, aim higher.

Anyway, I guess the employees of BBC should have revealed Savile's crimes if they could, but so should employees of a supermarket or a gas station too, or any establishment.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No shock that they kept it quite. It's the MSM after all. Many in the industry knew and well, were involved why would they say anything about it. If they weren't they had some income from him or those that paid him.

Same with many WS sex rings, politicians, the judges,and many of the higher ups, etc,and even entertainers in the US.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural

It's not their job.

This is a very good point, but very much wasted on ATS. Adjust your aim, aim higher.

Anyway, I guess the employees of BBC should have revealed Savile's crimes if they could, but so should employees of a supermarket or a gas station too, or any establishment.

Neither of you guys are in the police (I assume) yet if you knew someone was sexually abusing minors you'd let it go?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Not only that, we know from FOI that BBC staff have been thoroughly vetted by MI5 since at least the 60s. Savile would have also been vetted further due to his numerous visits to see the royals. It's impossible to suspend disbelief enough to think that nobody knew.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Neither of you guys are in the police (I assume) yet if you knew someone was sexually abusing minors you'd let it go?

If you don't have first hand information who's going to listen to you?
Plus sometimes people need to keep their jobs.
Are you going to risk your job over someone else's rumor?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

I think a fair few knew it was not rumour.

Although you make a valid point, people risked and lost their lives blowing this whistle.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com...

A bit of insight into the truth behind the report.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: Subnatural

It's not their job.

I am not in the police, and if I knew someone who was sexually abusing minors I would not let them get away.

Did you have something to add to the discussion, and14263?

new topics

top topics

join