It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Certain Primates May Be Able To See Magnetic Fields

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Bedlam

It's a wide subject i believe.

Let's take blind persons, there is no "image falling on their retina" yet they can perceive the same things as a non-blind person.

No, they can't.

Paul Gabias has never seen a table. He was born prematurely and went blind shortly thereafter, most likely because of overexposure to oxygen in his incubator. And yet, Gabias, 60, has no trouble perceiving the table next to him. "My image of the table is exactly the same as a table," he said. "It has height, depth, width, texture; I can picture the whole thing all at once. It just has no color."

www.livescience.com...

Back to the topic, a magnetic field cannot be focused, cannot create a real image on the retina, thus does not produce anything that is "seen" in the form of an image. Thus "seeing magnetic fields" can be no more than a sense that something is there or not. You can't "see magnetic fields" in the sense that you could look around the room and see ripples coming off of the wiring and speakers and such, and that's what you wanted to think at the start of the thread. It. Doesn't. Work. That. Way. It really doesn't.

It seems you got life all figured out, so explain to me what magnetism is(even Feynman had no idea). Why do they talk about lines and fields when there isn't anything there? What is attraction, why do magnets stick together?

A field is described to have physical quantity, so where are the particles in a magnetic field? If it contains particles we sure can focus on them.

Science is just leaving the womb if it comes down to knowledge
edit on 27-2-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Do you even know what that image represents?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I just posted a long answer to your question, and ATS ate it. I don't have the motivation to retype it all, and am off to bed.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

ask god for forgiveness and will be fine

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You'd think by now I would have learned any long expository answer, and you get the spinny post-it wheel of death.

I usually have better sense than to do that without making a copy to notepad. I was too sleepy and f-d up.

Feynman's Lectures, Volume II, Chapter 13 holds many of your answers. Not knowing everything about something doesn't imply knowing nothing about it, and how do lenses focus light, and why doesn't that work for static magnetic fields was the gist of it.

Time to get a solid six hours and then back to saving the world for a well-known aerospace company, eagles, flags and liberty. Long strings of frantic 14 hour workdays suck.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Time to get a solid six hours and then back to saving the world for a well-known aerospace company, eagles, flags and liberty. Long strings of frantic 14 hour workdays suck.

You can always go live in a monastery, but nights can be long there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join