It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bates Motel season 4 .... March 7th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi folks. Just excited about season four and wanted to let any fans of The Bates Motel TV show know it's just around the corner.
I'm not really a horror movie type person but remember watching the Pshyco 1 -4 movies and finding the Psychological aspect very interesting.

The first episode of season one went unwatched by me because there was a scene I could not handle. I thought I wouldn't watch the show, but gave it another chance thinking that they could not repeat that sort of thing in the story line again.

Well, the acting by Vera Farmiga who plays Norma Bates, has been excellent. The show is set to modern times with Norma and a younger Norman Bates moving to town and buying the motel.

If you enjoyed the Movies Psychological aspect, you might enjoy watching this series as they do a really good job in explaining and showing the complicated relationship between Norman and his Mother. The show goes into detail about what makes Norma, so off balance and over mothering towards Norman.

Freddie Highmore does a really good job of portraying Norman Bates as a young man and the supporting cast are also great, IMO.

Thanks for reading my OP!
Link to show time and info,
www.aetv.com...|dc_pcrid_9956875525_pkw_bates%20motel_pmt_e&utm_source=bing_tune&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=bates%20 motel&utm_campaign=M_Bates+Motel+Season+4&paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_bing_tune_M_Bates+Motel+Season+4_bates%20motel
edit on 25-2-2016 by peppycat because: added link

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had high expectations for this show and wasn't disappointed in the first 2 seasons. The acting and storylines were pretty good, I thought. However, I kept thinking some huge secret was going to be revealed which explains Norma and Norman's strange relationship and I feel like the writers just keep stringing people along. They leave little bread crumbs here and there, but no major, shocking revelations. Its turned out to be a bit of a soap opera drama, in my opinion. Its like a show my ex used to watch, Desperate Housewives, where you keep thinking the next episode is going to explain all these cool and shocking things but instead of resolving any issues, the characters just get deeper into more drama. I guess the writers of these shows have to leave the storyline somewhat open ended, as they have no real idea how long the show will remain active. My girlfriend and I started watching the first 2 seasons of Bates Motel with interest but it started to wane in season 3 last year. I suppose we will give it another go this season, just to see how twisted Norma and Norman's relationship gets. lol
edit on 2 25 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite I feel like the writers are trying to explain why Norma is so off balance and over mothering to Norman and the weird way she and Norman are almost like a married couple at times.
One secret we learned in season three is the relationship with Norma and her brother.
It is sorta like a dark soap opera, but Vera Farmiga's acting has me enchanted!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
There is a "creep" factor to the show that seems to be building. Kinda like the sexual tension between Norman and... well, all the women in his life!

Vera Farmiga is awesome in the show! I think she's also the executive producer or something. Which means she is very involved in the flow.

The brother does the most stupid things! And you start to think he is not that bright then you realize he is being strategic like a chess player not just some stoner growing weed. That is when the show dragged me in.

Thanks for the "heads up" and maybe we can meet back here with "OMG! Did you see last night's episode!!!" updates.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF I'll definitely want to meet up again about season 4!
I really like how Normans brother seems fearless and takes action. Even though he seems like one of the more ''normal'' characters and has done bad things, you feel for him being all caught up in the craziness.
The show has me feeling sympathy for most of the characters, even though they do bad things... not sure that's a good thing, but entertaining nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF I'll definitely want to meet up again about season 4!
I really like how Normans brother seems fearless and takes action. Even though he seems like one of the more ''normal'' characters and has done bad things, you feel for him being all caught up in the craziness.
The show has me feeling sympathy for most of the characters, even though they do bad things... not sure that's a good thing, but entertaining nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm kinda worried about the girl with the O2 tank. They had an episode when she jumped in the stream and almost died. Now Norman and his black outs/hallucinations??

As far as the new season... as Douglas Macarthur said, "I shall return"

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF There is something about the young woman with breathing problems (Emma) having some sort of surgery and Norman's bro took some action about it... my memory is hazy. I hope she gets better and if I recall from the movie, Pshyco 4, the older Norman has a female friend from the past... maybe that's Emma?
I don't want Norman to harm her!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF Did you watch last night? Things are already super crazy!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just watched the new episode! I was hooked on this series from day one. Oh wow it's getting good! This season will be awesome!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied ***spoiler alert!***

Freddie Highmore does such a good job at being Norman thinking he is his mom! Norman in his mothers robe was funny till we went PSYCHO on Emma's mom!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: AccessDenied ***spoiler alert!***

Freddie Highmore does such a good job at being Norman thinking he is his mom! Norman in his mothers robe was funny till we went PSYCHO on Emma's mom!

Amazing acting job for sure, and I totally DID NOT see that coming!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I missed the first airing! I will catch up this weekend, I promise.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey peppycat!

Thanks to lazy Sunday afternoons I got caught up on sleep, Indy car racing, laundry and Bates Motel!

[ETA, when more episodes are released, I sometimes binge watch 2 or 3 back to back! Although it is not as good as watching in the dark on Monday nights!]

***Spoiler for those who haven't watched Ep 1, Season 2 yet***

The covering up of his "cleavage" while talking with Emma's mom was funny as h3ll! And he does a great job of being his own mother! And his mom is fun too! Her "proposal" was classic!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF I know right? I can't get over these awesome actors.. to me they are flawless in their portrayals of being Norma and Norman Bates. ***Spoiler Alert***
I was laughing too at Norman being his Mom.. .. poor Emma's Mom.
For a character we don't know to much about from the movies, the writers, directors and Vera Farmiga do really make a lot of sense with the Norma Bates character. She is kooky and nutty in her controlled way and the rocky, weird past explains a lot. I think Norman has a chemical imbalance that becomes enhanced by his mother's personality traits.
Sorry just really into why they are the way they are and am getting way into the story and characters.
I can't wait for a binge day of watching... I have to watch it tonight!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

There are too many shows I like on Mondays to watch all live! I stated watching Supergirl a couple episodes back and it is not too bad. I love Scorpion because of two plots going on at the same time (being a tech geek helps!). And then there is this show called Blindspot that I started this season for no good reason (I think I am all CSI'd out)

Then there was Gravity Falls which is now over
and once I saw the gnome being punched in the stomach and bend over barfing I knew I was hooked! And since I was already invested in 3 seasons of Lost Girl I figure I will ride that one out (one episode left).

Before the cable company screwed us viewers over and dumped AMC there was Better Call Saul which I found thoroughly entertaining! Bob Odenkirk is one of those actors that "gets" the character and portrays them with subtleness and nuance. That is part of great story telling.

But that is all on Monday nights! Through no fault of my own, Better Call Saul, Lost Girl, and Gravity Falls are no longer options. If any other show gets slow I will drop one but there are times when the bonding over beer and sports take precedence even over the great Bates Motel.

I will try to keep up! Besides Limitless on Tuesdays and Elementary on Thursdays, I do have time to get caught up during the week. And if all else fails, A&E usually shows the previous week's episode on Sunday which, even I have watched, will watch again!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF You have quite the Monday night line-up! My only shows right now are Grimm and The Bates Motel. I like a few other shows but nothing I absolutely have to watch.
Let me know what you think of episode 2 from Monday night when you get a chance to watch it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF Hey there. Have you caught up in the show? It's getting deep into Normans Illness. I love what's going on with his Mom!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah! The Final Four is over and I am caught up!

Perfect timing for me to get back on track too! Ready for the second part of the season to start!

***Spoiler alert as I am not certain how this part of the conversation will happen--probably not sequentially so if you do not want to know, you have been warned!***

OK. We knew Norman was going to be shipped off but not the "how" it was going to go down. Now we have seen a portion. At least he checked himself in although after all the screaming it seems he is NOT very happy about it.

Do you think Norman will think he was swept aside so Norma could get married?? And what will that do to him in the long run? He looked pretty broken up (hit bottom?) sitting in the cop car... in the rain... in a boa!

One last thing. Did you notice that in the commercial they had the stripper tell Norman, "There are no rules here. You can be whoever or whatever you want to be" then after a scene flash, "What do you want me to call you?" And Norman replies, "Mother." And that was not in the show!!! They should have left it in as that would have been epic on so many levels.

Glad Emma got her operation! Glad Glen is going off too as that will make the family drama that much more intense! And I am glad that Norman didn't stab anybody with a screw driver! And c'mon, he needs a knife, right!??!

And I am sorry I have not answered sooner but the bonding over beer and sports is pretty difficult guy-thing to get away from!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF ***spoiler alert!***
I missed that commercial where he said to call him ''Mother'' it's been over a week and I don't remember the scene to clearly, they definitely should have kept that in the scene! You reminded me of Norman in the Boa! Lol... good stuff!😃
Yeah, I wonder how he will take his Mother getting married. I was so happy she got married to the man (Romero) that's been protecting her family!
So glad he didn't use the screw driver. Lol! It is supposed to be a big kitchen knife!
There is talk on the internet that this may be the last season.... noooo! But from the movies, we know Norma dies one way or another... dun dun Dunn..
As much as I love the original movies, it might be cool if the cast from the show go on to make a remake, what do you think? Good idea or remakes suck? I think sometimes remakes are pretty good, not in every case though.
Thanks for getting back to me, I love talking about this show.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join