It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the American people crazy wanting Trump?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You have a good grasp on this and I like the way you think.

the one thing I can say positive about "the Donald", is he says what he is thinking, therefore removing that question you have about what his hidden agenda is. Is he racist? sure is, just ask him, or listen to him. Does he know how the backside of politics works? (hint, pay the lobbyist to pay the delegate to ensure your pork is passed) Sure does, he explained that when he mentioned not taking money to run his campaign. I think he even eluded to doing that very thing to get things he wanted done.

So as for the in your face, I don't care what you think about it honesty, he does have that quality. Now, is that good or bad? I sure don't know, but it's something we haven't seen yet in US politics.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I am in the UK myself and we dont call that a joke over here we call that opinionated and sexist. Possibly Tories call it a joke considering what some of them get up to with pigs heads.

The crap Trump has come away with is astonishing as is plain to see for anyone mind to do so. The quotes speak for them self and are well documented.

Does not matter how you wish to spin it the Man is a racist bigot with megalomaniac tendencies. There is simply no justification for the comments he has come away with and imho attempting to do so speaks volumes.
edit on 25-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: network dude

How is out our military weaker or weakened under Obama? We spend more money on the military than any other nation, and there's no close second place. If anything, the military budget needs to be cut and wars, airstrikes, and regime changes need to end.

Trump is popular because he's taking his knowledge of reality TV and applying it to his campaign. Americans love trash TV and that's what he brings them, trash.

I look at the picture I can see from my house. I was in the USAF and stationed at Pope AFB. Our mission was pretty simple. Take the 82nd Airborne wherever they needed in a really big hurry. We did this with C-130s. At the time I was in, I made the statement a few times that this mission would NEVER change. Well, I was really wrong. In the last 8 years, Pope was closed and given to the army, now it's an air field with little to no purpose. They decommissioned the USAF wing that was there and now removed all the C-130s they had. So at this time, if something bad happens in the world and the 82nd has to go somewhere in a hurry, they have to either bring in planes from some other base to pick them up, or ship the grunts to where ever the plane are to haul them. Now if the 82nd wasn't a big factor in world events, this wouldn't matter. But in almost ALL past conflicts, the 82nd has been the driving force of army manpower.

There are likely many more things going on with limiting funding on military things, and for those who have never served, I get that they likely won't understand why it's important to have a strong military. In a Reagan mindset, you have a really big guy who stands next to you, and you keep him happy, well fed, and on point, so no jack ass with a small country and a will to make a name for himself, tries to sucker punch you. therefore, you eliminated the threat and kept the peace by spending a bit on your protection. (this is definitely not a liberal way of thinking, but it's proven to work quite well in the past.)
edit on 25-2-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Does not matter how you wish to spin it the Man is a racist bigot with megalomaniac tendencies. There is simply no justification for the comments the Man has come away with and imho attempting to do so speaks volumes.

Agreed. And to be fair, Donald would likely agree with you as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am in the UK myself and we dont call that a joke over here we call that opinionated and sexist. Possibly Tories call it a joke considering what some of them get up to with pigs heads.

I'm sure not everyone in the UK lacks a sense of humor as you yourself admit to. Until then, speaking for yourself will suffice until everyone else in the UK makes such an admission.

The crap Trump has come away with is astonishing as is plain to see for anyone mind to do so. The quotes speak for them self and are well documented.

Does not matter how you wish to spin it the Man is a racist bigot with megalomaniac tendencies. There is simply no justification for the comments he has come away with and imho attempting to do so speaks volumes.

The quotes don't speak for themselves when they are taken out of context and many key parts omitted in order to mislead. Sounds like another admission of guilt.

You might have just said: "I don't have a sense of humor" and "I like to repeat what people tell me to" and "I don't like the use of generalities". At least then you'd be speaking some truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

the one thing I can say positive about "the Donald", is he says what he is thinking,

Agreed, and I have stated that before about him even if what he is thinking is wrong. What I like even more about trump is also his biggest downfall which is his ego.

His ego is so big and in combination with his eagerness to say what ever he needs to say at that moment to make himself look good , can also be a threat to the establishment.

Can you imagine, Trump constantly taking bad publicity not only from the MSM but his own followers and the world.

He would go ballistic , he would be willing to say anything even throwing some of the people behind the scenes to the wolves inorder to make himself look good. So their could be some value to that type of character but that character could also go full retard on you and become a tyrant.

therefore removing that question you have about what his hidden agenda is

I'm not so sure on that, like you said he has been involved in the back politics world and obviously has done a good job at it. So that demonstrates that he can play what ever role he likes or needs to get what he wants.

The question IMO still remains on what is it that he really wants? I don't think we will find out till he gets elected.

If I may take artistic liberties and steal Nancy Pelosi most brilliant comment :

"You must elect the Donald, to find out what the Donald is all about"

Now, is that good or bad? I sure don't know, but it's something we haven't seen yet in US politics

Agreed, Like I have stated before their is really no point to even bother to vote for a [Rubio,cruz,clinton ] ticket.

The only true change will come from a Sander vs Trump ticket in this election cycle. However, Like you said is that good or bad?

I tend to lean more towards Sanders as the better outcome from those two.

edit on 29229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 11:29:11 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"Part of the system"? What system would that be?

There is plenty of reason to be sceptical, but little reason to fear. His policies are delivered in more detail on his website, ready to be refuted, except very few people are doing that.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Its not about lack of a sense of humor its about being able to see an idiot racist for what he is.

“LAZINESS IS A TRAIT IN BLACKS.”

“BLACK GUYS COUNTING MY MONEY! I HATE IT. THE ONLY KIND OF PEOPLE I WANT COUNTING MY MONEY ARE LITTLE SHORT GUYS THAT WEAR YARMULKES EVERY DAY.”

Maybe im missing something, can you enlighten me as to how to interporate the correct context pretending to the above Trumpisms?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Maybe im missing something, can you enlighten me as to how to interpolate the correct context pretending to the above Trumpisms?

Trump never said that. Simple.

Credulity is a sign of idiocy.
edit on 25-2-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

therefore removing that question you have about what his hidden agenda is

I'm not so sure on that, like you said he has been involved in the back politics world and obviously has done a good job at it. So that demonstrates that he can play what ever role he likes or needs to get what he wants.

The question IMO still remains on what is it that he really wants? I don't think we will find out till he gets elected.

If I may take artistic liberties and steal Nancy Pelosi most brilliant comment :

"You must elect the Donald, to find out what the Donald is all about"

His lack of filter between the mouth and brain would be our safeguard against that. He seems to blurt out whatever comes to mind first, then smile, nod and turn a wonderful shade of hot pink. I doubt he could hide much, if anything. But I agree with the Pelosi thing either way, we will have to buy the book before we get to find out what's in it. (I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Obama care thing)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A lot of bases were closed over the years and that's because they're not needed. I too was station at an air base, in Spain, and it too closed down because it was not needed. The squadron still exists with its sister squadron in Washington state.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Aye right and Mr Cameron was only keeping that pigs head warm with his penis.

Trump did indeed say those things and was herd to do so by members of his own staff, disgruntled or otherwise.

What about all the rest of the garbage the Man has come away with? Cannot all be out of context.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There is plenty of reason to be sceptical

Then we agree , its not irrational to question Trump motives.

but little reason to fear

Then It would be irrational to not have some concerns/fears about the most powerful man in the world being at the helm without you really knowing his real intentions.

I have stated before their is really no point to even bother to vote for a [Rubio,cruz,clinton ] ticket.

The only true change will come from a Sander vs Trump ticket in this election cycle.

However, is that good or bad ?

Their is a risk to truly Changing the system that it could become even worse, so their is some justification to be concerned or have some fear as to what may come when it changes.

edit on 51229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 11:51:59 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is a country that elected a president that believed than man and fish can coexist peacefully.

The difference between GWB and Trump is that GWB was an idiot where Trump is not and that is what scares me.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Trump did indeed say those things and was herd to do so by members of his own staff, disgruntled or otherwise.

Hearsay. That seems to be typical.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well the individual in question certainly says a lot for people to hear.

Especially people of colour, Mexicans and Muslims, just a thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Especially people of color, Mexicans and Muslims, just a thought.

No. Not especially. People are attempting to slander him for political reasons. It's obviously working to some extent.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

[There] is a risk to truly Changing the system that it could become even worse, so [there] is some justification to be concerned or have some fear as to what may come when it changes.

His policies are listed in depth on his website. Out of those, which creates the most dangerous changes to the system?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Seems to be doing rather a good job slandering and stereotyping minorities without any help from anyone else. Lets face it the Man simply opens his mouth and crap comes out.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Seems to be doing rather a good job slandering and stereotyping minorities without any help from anyone else. Lets face it the Man simply opens his mouth and crap comes out.

He's not. He is definitely politically incorrect, but the notion that he is stereotyping and disparaging minorities is an assumption made by those who cannot handle politically incorrect speaking. That is their own feelings that they themselves must get over.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join