It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the American people crazy wanting Trump?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just think of a giant middle finger raised to Washington, DC. That more or less explains Trump.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"It's the Illegal Immigration.....stupid"

~Anonymous

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

I think you are 100% spot on. Obama is the catalyst to this "hope and change" we are seeing now. Everyone was disillusioned with what he ended up bringing and after 16 years of perpetual war, and little to no progressive movement with the economy, something must change. (and yes, I understand Bush had 8 of those 16 years)

Great post.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Seriously? Bernie is no better, no more substantive. His promises are just as empty. FREE STUFF for ALL!!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sure. They are FAR more appealing than Trump.

then at this point, I am disagreeing with you. Not the dumpy kid who got beat up a lot, but has name recognition, nor the criminal.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Just think of a giant middle finger raised to Washington, DC. That more or less explains Trump.

That is really what it looks like. And I can't say I oppose that. (still can't say I like the whole Trump Idea either)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I came across an interesting article and the outlook on Trump and why the establishment appears to genuinely not like him.

It basically boiled down to that the Oligarch in charge is trying to cut some of the middle fat which is the DNC and the GOP. They want to take even more direct control of our gov't while decreasing lobbying efforts and streamline faster Oligopoly friendly regulations.

Ofcourse our politicians want to still be the middleman and they see trump as the guy paving the way to minimize their roles. Hence he is a threat to the establishment.

Unfortunately, us the regular tax payers will get the $hitty end either way and are just collateral damage.

I have said it before in regards to Trump, he is the one guy that could go full retard and become a tyrant by finding ways to bypass congress, so I can see some of the authors points as valid. It would be cheaper ,more controllable , and more efficient to control the president than having to worry about paying off congress.

I will have to search for the article to see If I find it.

Anyway I thought it was an interesting outlook on trump.

edit on 37229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 09:37:17 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Free stuff for all as you put it could actually become a reality should TPTB somewhat slash the $600 odd billion spent on the military. Just a thought.

I would take Bernie over Trump or Clinton any day of the week. Obviously just my own opinion.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

That is really what it looks like. And I can't say I oppose that. (still can't say I like the whole Trump Idea either)

I am not a big Trump supporter either, but this is basically what it is. There is a large group that has largely been ignored by both parties for too long, and Trump has them. The DC elites have marginalized them and now they are seeing that this is a mistake.

And Trump, for all his wealth, isn't exactly part of the "in" group either. That's why you see them backing Rubio now. Trump may run with the big dogs and know how to play there game, but he is pretty much like the Unsinkable Molly Brown is the high society of Titanic.

link   

originally posted by: superman2012
He doesn't sugar coat what he says.
He says what he means, regardless of whether or not it is popular.
He doesn't flip flop as much as the other candidates.
People are sick and tired of career politicians who only tell them what they want to hear.
His values and beliefs seem more in line with the average American.
He is loud.
He is obnoxious.

Did I make a pro or con list? Depends on if you support him or not.

So who will be our next President? Bill Maher or Flavor Flav?

link   
Are the American people crazy for wanting Trump? Maybe.

Are the American people crazy for wanting Hillary? HELL YES

Are the American people crazy for wanting Sanders? Maybe.

Other choices? Oh yeah, there aren't any.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Right..because Bernie Sanders' policies...are the PINNACLE of 'sanity'.

More virtue signaling from the Left. I forgot, you guys are the 'sane' ones, the smart ones, the BENEVOLENT ones.

uh huh

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think that is the reason as well.

Now for the love of [Enter Your deity here] , change your Avatar. Man that is hard to look at.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't get it, but not being American I don't get the feeling on the ground. I don't get the anger, but it all just seems a bit weird to me. I don't understand how he gets support from the same people he insults

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Benevolence and Trump hardly seem synonymous. End of the day its pretty much about selecting the lesser evil. Not suggesting Sanders is perfect but compared to the other two he is who i would choose.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Benevolence and Trump hardly seem synonymous. End of the day its pretty much about selecting the lesser evil. Not suggesting Sanders is perfect but compared to the other two he is who i would choose.

Maybe the country isn't LOOKING for Benevolence in the first place.

Ever thought of that?

edit on 25-2-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I don't get it, but not being American I don't get the feeling on the ground. I don't get the anger, but it all just seems a bit weird to me. I don't understand how he gets support from the same people he insults

Who has he insulted that he's getting support from?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain Latin Americans, the " poorly educated., which seems to be taken as a compliment by his supporters judging from their response to the words?

edit on 25-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well the opposite hardly seems acceptable or indeed politically correct.

What is it you imagine the country is looking for?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join