It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who thinks Saudia Arabia and neighboring counties will actually invade Syria ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

So as many of you have read back in early to mid February . Saudia Arabia and Turkey have flexed their muscles and are showing signs they may unleash a ground invasion of Syria in hopes of toppling the Assad Regime.

Now we now the theme of war is everywhere and always has been , but there's only ever been two major world wars probably because all sides know once the first shot is taken all hell breaks loose and both sides know they have everything to lose ..

My question for all you on here ATS is does the sheer volume of soldiers , weaponry , tanks etc and the 18 day time line of military drills that are taking place involving the saudis , turks and other neighboring nations have you truly concerned about WW3 breaking out ??

I know info wars and many other sites inject their fair share of fear mongering , but I will admit this one is very unsettling . Isis has yet to dismantle the Assad regime and we all know the Saudi and Turkish government want him gone so they can capitalise on the area setting up a Sunni dominated government .

I read somewhere the threat of Russia has forced some of the neighboring nationa involved in this potential invasion to look to no other then the USA and state that only if the US joins in will they join ..

Could be a rumor , but who knows . This isn't good news at all . Would love to hear all opinions on this . Bluff or the real deal ?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think they will be willing to fight to the last American as usual...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
no need to invade.. just dress them up in generic camo and walk them in.
they arent an army, theyre visiting while on holidays!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
350,000 troops and 20,000 tanks plus all the airsupport.... Put it this way if they do invade, Russia et al will use tactical nukes IMO unless they want to lose Syria and die in the process. The coalition is Sunni and Iran and many in Syria are Shia... enough said... on the why....

There are many who believe this is a precursor to an invasion.. I just hope NATO and the west stays out of the mayhem that will be unleashed if they do invade for IMO there is not one western city I would be willing to sacrifice for any of the religious sides in the Mideast. Maybe Russia will do us all a favor if they go after the throats of the antagonist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
1. Will they have their troops invade Syria? Maybe.

2. Are their troops capable of invading Syria? Yes.

3. Do they want to invade Syria with their own troops? No. This is why they use proxy groups throughout the region.

4. If left with no other options, will they send their troops into Syria? Of course, though it also depends on what we mean by "invasion". Turkey's recent invasion of Iraq may have served as a test to see everyone's response. Plus, the GCC troops could just join, "train", or "advise" the Turkish troops that are already in Syria fighting the Kurdish people. Or more likely, they'll serve as some of the "peacekeepers" depending on this upcoming Syria ceasefire deal. Either way, GCC troops would enter and remain in Syria.

Of course, I also don't think Syria will lead to a World War. I think people forgot how many countries were involved in the 2nd Indochina War (aka the "Vietnam War"). The Syrian War pales in comparison to it.

edit on 25-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I can't say forsure what the "play" will be but there is no way that the situation in Syria will go to waste still allowing Assad to be in power.

The Russians coming into the frey seems to be what has started all this, before that it seemed that the bordering countries where happy for the situation to run it course but as Assad's forces have gained a foothold with the help of Russian airstrikes it seems that they are worried that Assad may actually get out of this with a win all be it with a flattened country..

The next few weeks will be very telling but I am not expecting anything major for sometime after that..

RA

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am sure Russia has suitably armed Syria for most aggressive contingencies
They would have learned a thing or two after Afghanistan

Yep, a global war, its a matter of when, domino effect.

The US are tied up in the ME, China goes after Taiwan

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
A conventional invasion? No. Their really is no need. The manpower is already available from the Syrian population. What is most likely of some sort of agreement is not reached is massive surge of Special Forces, advisers, high grade weapons systems including anti aircraft, training, logistical and intelligence support etc. And volunteers as needed to run some of those more complicated high tech systems.

The exercises in the Kingdom are more of message that the Arabs have plenty of support outside of the West if they need it.

What is interesting is that for a time the Arab League was home to a struggle between Saudi Arabia and Egypt over who was the leading power. Pakistan was basically neutral in the region. Turkey was also in power struggle with the Saudis and Egypt for leadership in the region. Israel and Turkey were on the outs. Then much like in Europe, Russia arrived.

Now we see Pakistan putting its chips in with the Saudis, Turkey, the Saudi's, and Egypt putting their rivalry aside and working together, Israel and Turkey restoring ties. And all these states backed by the West.

If the Russians were smart they would have stayed out of Syria and worked all the divisions in the mid east like they were trying to drive some of them out the US sphere of influence. The US would have been forced to pick and chose whom to support at the expense of others. As the US has used a quad power approach, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey and Israel in the region. Instead of splitting that Russia has unified it behind the West. Much the same as they did in Europe and China has done in Asia. I suppose the Russia needed to get attention off Ukraine at home but, long term they have screwed themselves again.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I would say, at this moment, probably not. For all of the reasons enlightenedservant expounded upon. Things would have to change to make such a commitment both worthwhile, and necessary.

On the other hand, miscalculation and human hubris do play a role, so there's some margin of error.

I'll say this much. If it comes to that, then everyone involved in this mess has lost either their minds, their ability to conduct foreign policy rather than simply react too events moving to quickly to contingency, or both.

I would like to think it has not come to that just yet.

Peace.
edit on 2/25/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't think Turkey will unless they know they have NATO support, SA on the otherhand...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Recently i have no idea on what kind of fantasy land you are when it comes to foreign affairs. Your posts about the kingdom exercises and NATO gives me a laughter.

If the Russians were smart they would have stayed out of Syria
Really now..

Are you aware even if the Russians did stay out of Syria. Syria would share the same fate as Libya? the majority of Western readers seem to disagree with that kind of narrative.

Turkey was also in power struggle with the Saudis and Egypt for leadership in the region. Israel and Turkey were on the outs. Then much like in Europe, Russia arrived.

Your beloved Turkey wasnt in a power struggle with the Saudis and Egypt for leadership in the region. What they want in the region is pretty much clear. After their little military incursion into Iraq this year.

Based on the false pretexts of fighting terrorism. The goal of Turkey was to revive the Ottoman Empire. This is why Erdogan has being throwing his support to the Ukrainian Crimean Tatars. Whom are a Turkic ethnic group that formed in the Crimean Peninsula in the 13th-17th centuries.

They shared a economical tie with the Ottoman Empire and that was the slave trade.

The exercises in the Kingdom are more of message that the Arabs have plenty of support outside of the West if they need it.

The Kingdom's allies and Saudis forces are doing a fine job of being defeated by the Shia rebels in Yemen. And thats quite a message to the Kingdom to stay out of Syria.

By your post i assume you support the moderate terrorists then. Who arent at all moderates. I am very happy that Russia intervened and prevented another Libya to happen.

But it seems you arent seeing the reality on the ground.
edit on 25-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The Saudis wanted the Islamists to win.

The Russians coming into the frey seems to be what has started all this

Far From it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Saudi, like Israel usually gets other countries to fight its battles. I would doubt it would do their image any good in the Muslim world were they to be seen as allies to Daesh and other terrorist organisations - wouldn't fit well with the religious aspects of Islam as they will be fighting other Muslims, many Sunni.

If they find themselves on the loosing side of a blood bath - about time.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I see all your reasoning but the one thing Saudi won't want is a bombing campaign against their oil fields - which is their vulnerability however well defended.

Were I putting money on this, it would be on Putin and if they raised their hairy little faces near me and mine, that resort would be exactly what I would do. Extra good for ally Iran's oil exports also.

I think it interesting that this time its involving Arab forces to deal with some of the problems their masters have created. If ever diplomacy was needed its now.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Drudge reports this morning that Russia is massing troops on the Turkish border. Putin is a chess player.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure that Saudis would be wise to with the mess they have going on in Yemen at their back door. If Iran's Shi'a proxies win in Yemen, an invasion of Syria opens the Saudis to a two front war which would not be a good thing for them. Additionally, there are signs of instability in the Saudi monarchy which would further undermine their position.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think the U.S. and Russia should take their war toys and go home and let them have their civil war without us. If the Syrian fighting age men have all run off with their tails between their legs, which they obviously have, then they didn't believe they had anything worth fighting for to begin with.

Whatever happens, happens, and our job, and Russia's job, after the dust settles, will be to keep them contained in whatever hell they create. Besides, just because we see it as hell, doesn't mean they do. They are still behind in evolving towards a society of freedom and peace. We can't change that with bombs.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I see all your reasoning but the one thing Saudi won't want is a bombing campaign against their oil fields - which is their vulnerability however well defended.

Were I putting money on this, it would be on Putin and if they raised their hairy little faces near me and mine, that resort would be exactly what I would do. Extra good for ally Iran's oil exports also.

I think it interesting that this time its involving Arab forces to deal with some of the problems their masters have created. If ever diplomacy was needed its now.

An attack on Saudi Arabia would bring in not only the US but, the entire Arab league as well and really anger China to whom the Kingdom is their largest oil provider. That would simply not be an option for the Russians.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Drudge reports this morning that Russia is massing troops on the Turkish border. Putin is a chess player.

That would be pointless. The Russian and Turkish active forces are almost the same size. You generally need 4/6 to 1 advantage to go on the offensive. With hostile states like Ukraine and Georgia on its borders, along with securing the East (China) and the West (NATO) Russia does not have the ground forces to do anything to the Turks. And the Turks are in the same boat.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
who cares if anyone invades them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join