It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan True Believers Are Idiots: Trump, Downsizing D.C. and Clinton Sexual Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

As It Stands Today

Donald Trump’s run for the presidency is a beta test to see if the business world can downsize the political industrial complex by eliminating political positions that are bad investments and start holding office for themselves, thus bypassing the political world entirely and creating a true plutocracy.

Hillary Clinton may not be able to stop Trump or this emerging tactic. She has her own issues of taking money from all kinds of unholy interests and codifying that into half-baked policy. This only highlights the business world’s view that paying large donations to career politicians for preferential treatment is a disappointing prospect. Why bother, when all you have to do is cut them out totally and DIY. Also, there is the alleged business of Bill Clinton suppressing claims of sexual abuse from women for decades, the most high profile of which was Kathleen Willey, but she isn’t the only one, not by a long shot. In a post Bill Cosby age Clinton abuse survivors are less likely to be successfully cast aside by the 90’s method of utilizing the “nuts and sluts” defense, as was so artfully stated by Patricia Ireland (then the head of NOW). For those too young to remember, this was all in the throes of the Monica Lewinsky debacle.

Yes, one could point to Romney and many others from the business world as successfully entering politics. But none are as blatant as Trump in their contempt for the bloated D.C. apparatus that only grows and expands by the minute. Besides, Romney went through the party paces and ascended to governor before daring to reach for the presidency. He worked within party bounds. He drank the goats blood, did the dance; pledged his unyielding loyalty. He towed the line and stood his ground. He was a good Republican.

Trump? Nope. He blamed Bush part 2 for 9/11 in South Carolina. Blasphemy! He likes part of Planned Parenthood. Hemlock! He’s funding his own campaign. Traitor! Don’t get me wrong, I think Trump is total a dick. But what I won’t do is allow my emotional response to him cloud the reality that is quickly setting in all across D.C. and the rest of the country.

Dude might be president.

Coup d’etat

If you walk away with only one thing from this article, know this: America is in the midst of a full-blown political coup. I know, I know, when one says coup you can practically smell the spilled gasoline over burning tires and the boom of rolling tanks into a foreign capital as troops exchange political philosophies via AK-47’s. But this is America, where we are so out of touch with the other 95% of the planet’s population that we consider our closest political and military rivals countries that can hardly provide consistent utilities like electricity to huge swaths of their people. Maybe that should be our new slogan, “WE ARE THE 5%!”

I’m getting off point. Trump. Yes, the script is being written. The proper outrage is being installed with each quip about foreign rapists. The late night hosts and SNL and Rachel Maddow and blah, blah, blah will beat the drums as Trump gets closer and closer to the Republican nomination. All of that is fine, but lurking around the margins is a much bigger game at play. Donald Trump’s rise is the first shot in creating a lasting plutocracy by downsizing and finally dismantling the only industry that, until this point, has been completely recession proof: the political industrial complex. The politicians, the lobbyists, the bureaucrats, the party bosses and all the guppies that attach to this behemoth industry. And make no mistake, this is an industry. Maybe this is the biggest industry in the country, because if you take the word politician and switch it out for manager and take the word citizen and switch it out with employee, what emerges is a top down corporation that commands your paycheck and regulates almost all aspects of your life.

But, you might reply, hey, I have a say in who gets into office! I vote!

Awww, that is really quaint - Norman Rockwell kind of quaint. “Stay golden Pony Boy.”

The great magicians of the political industrial complex give you the illusion of a real choice, of a free outcome unencumbered by outside forces. But by the time the broader public has a chance to vote in a general election, between two candidates, both have been vetted (that is code for being told where the boundaries are) by the same parent corporations and have made different flavors of the same promise. This process of legalized corruption involves lobbyists, lawyers and party shills that have all been handsomely paid a ransom to pass. A Trump win could gut that process and demonstrate to the other multinationals that this middle process can be bypassed by simply electing one of their own. Really, you could speculate, if you were a conspiracy theorist, that it was decided to put up the most obnoxious, offensive, unattractive candidate, in terms of style and tone, and see how far he or she could take it. Trump fit the bill.

Only time will tell. What can be said right now is that the formula is working. Why else would Fox News, Bill Kristol and the establishment wing of the Republican Party be burning down the barn, crawling over each other to take a swing at Trump. They risk becoming irrelevant just like all those mom and pop stores and local farms were absorbed decades ago into various corporate behemoths. At least Fox political coverage could more seamlessly merge with Fox Business channel.

Lookout for a Brokered Convention
If the Republican establishment tries a brokered convention if Trump wins a majority of states, then we could see the collapse of the Republican Party as we know it. Democrats, don’t applaud too quick. The two party system is a balance of resistance. If the Republican Party folds, Democrats are left with a coalition party of single interest camps that was mostly held together by mutual resistance of the Republican movement. With that out of the way, the diverse tents of interests that make up the party may naturally drift and soon break apart. This is only speculation on my part.

If the Trump coup works, then the Democrats are next. After all, they have long been drinking from the same corporate goblet as their right-wing counter parts.

Read more Disinfo.com

Disinfo.com is AboveTopSecret.com's "sister" site dealing with a broad range of issues related to disinformation, misinformation, and missing information in the media; as well as many of the "alternative topics" discussed on ATS. We provide this Disinfo.com article as-is because we believe it will spark additional interesting and valuable discussion here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All politicians are into big business, to suggest otherwise is a little, whats that word you used, idiotic

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

Finally Diss. you hit it out of the park. Trump was, is and will be The Establishment Clown. The dismantling of our government, yes, OUR government, not The Government, but Our government has been the goal of big business all along,

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Someone should start a new party called "Sanity" which has as it's motto.....If the other candidates look nuts to you vote for me.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good one, that took some time. Today at 3 oclock Romney speculated that Trump was hiding a bombshell in his taxes. Tonight EVERY news station says that Trump has a bombshell in his tax return that he is hiding... wth they are ALL in kahoots. Ill take my chances with Trump.

new topics

top topics

join