It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought a while before posting this and I went ahead
with only one real interest." I hope this helps ". People
need to see thru the atheist agenda.

We come from from an intelligent thinking God!
God is our origin.
Not unintelligent non thinking matter or happen stance.

I read this morning a sheriffs deputy was shot and killed in
a town called Bailey I believe. And I imagined something
Sam Harris might say. Why didn't God come down and stop
the bullets? Why didn't he do something to save this good
mans life? Why does God allow evil things to happen to good
people?

In short my answer to that goes like this.
Because in the same way you have the right to sit around and
ask condescending questions, in judgement of God! Or not!
The man who shot the deputy in Bailey had the right to pull the
trigger. Or not. I think a lot of the questions Sam Harris or
Richard Dawkins ask and get regurgitated ad-nauseam by
other atheists. Require hardley any thought at all, to answer.
They aren't even good questions.

Not compared to the answers.

Atheists aren't left with questions there left with answers.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

so where is the Atheist agenda you allude to? I simply see a refutation of abiogenesis with an affirmation of belief. I can't watch a 48 minute video at the moment so I was hoping for a little more meat and potatoes in your OP but it comes off as a drive by fluff and buff.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't feel like you answered that question at all. Sounded more like a deflection to me.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I would have to refer you to the Sam Harris William Lane Craig debate. He pretty much disects Craig who I am the first to admit is an incredible debator and a great philosopher (as far as following protocol). Harris is brilliant as a philosopher and a scientist which is often rare.

youtu.be...

Dawkins I think should have stuck to science his anger over religion allowed him to be a little too vulnerable. He was in my opinion and many academic philosophers opinion the worst of the four horseman of new atheism.

The only real non trivial debate I can admit to and what keeps me an agnostic atheist is fine tuning. I think the traditional ontological, cosmological, and teleological arguements are good but they do have rebuttles that are just as or more convincing.

Going on belief alone is by far the least compelling arguement for God.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Standard fluff and buff I spit out my tea when I read that.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
science = fact
bible = fairy tales

you cant debate an atheist, sorry... but theres no proof of a god...
and if there was proof, theres around 6000 gods. you would have to prove your gods the true god
you cant

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If god was so intelligent it wouldn't have created humans

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The only atheist agenda I've ever been aware of was to make fun of religious people every chance we get.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

So if the answer is that your god doesn't step in because that's just not what he does, then what does he do?

Is his sole purpose one of punishment? There are several promises in the bible that miracles will happen if you have faith and that your god will step in to do things all the time. But now that is all interpreted as allegory and metaphorical.

Why do Christians not hold their god accountable for the things promised in the bible and yet are convinced that "judgement is coming"? Why believe one promise but not the others?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
But the flip side of the coin is that I do believe in God, But not organized religion, Christianity or the Bible.

I think if there is an Atheist Agenda, it's to get organized religion and outdated ancient texts out of our governments. No body want's a theocracy or worse. We dont' want Sharia law either.

Further more, it's only the God of the ancient texts like the Bible or the words of the false prophet, Mohammed...it's only those Gods that don't make sense. It's only that God that picks and chooses who to help or not help.

A really god or universal force, might just create a big bang and guide life through natural scientific processes, or not. My belief in God, doesn't dictate or want or need for you to believe it. That's the big difference between, a religious god or a spiritual understanding of God, not tied to some text created by man. Normal men like us and women of course.

edit on 24-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One thing you will always lose on (as a person of any religion) is trying to give an answer to an athiest or agnostic about proving god exists.

No religion can, or ever has, prove it.

It can't be done.

You have "faith" and that's enough proof? That's not proof. If it was then Santa Claus (not st Nick. I mean the fat dude in the red suit), the Easter bunny, unicorns and the boogie man would all exist.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yea... then why did God allow such horrible acts in God's name to happen? If he is nothing but a bystander and washed his hands clean after creation why are the books and holy words telling stories of him demanding genocide and such, surely there were good people in those populations.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think we need to worry about any atheist agenda, but more of a state-sanctioned one, as was witnessed in the atrocities of Soviet Russia.
edit on 24-2-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

We come from from an intelligent thinking God!
God is our origin.

This is a claim based on your feelings and opinion i'm assuming. Or else you would have added a source to all of your scientific documentation.

So why should we believe your opinion over a muslim or a jew? You must have some evidence that you can share with us. Something very convincing otherwise you would not have wasted our time with this same old lame argument from your feelings.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl sagan

unintelligent non thinking matter

You and every other thing are undeniably made of unintelligent, unthinking matter. Thats just the simple truth no matter how you shake your stick.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Im gonna go trickster on Sam Harris for the fun of it. He is using research, on humans that already are indoctrinated with guilt and shame, so his research is made on a basis already pre-built by society and its structure.. Its basic psychology, will a pet dog respond the same as a wild dog.. nOooNOO..

Atheism is just a cultural dogma, where laws, obligations, society structure are the same.. Its the truth within a paradigm which "most" of the western world lives in. Except the "great country".

Im for a model of a society where humanity has the upper hand, couldnt care less which cultural influence is within the borders.. To many animals, you sort it out.. Like nature do..

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
so where is the Atheist agenda you allude to?

I had never heard of an 'Atheist Agenda' up until now. I mean I am aware of the dreaded Gay Agenda but not an Atheist one.

Imagine if you combined the two into a super-agenda, the unstoppable Gaytheist Agenda? They could listen to show tunes while urinating on crosses and calling it art.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ive heard of the dreaded Cthulu agenda that haunts your dreams, oooor was it someone with a huge imagination?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantjil

If you paid someone for that joke I would ask for a refund.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So i have to pay people? Food isnt enough anymore?

edit on 2016224 by Kantjil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
my atheism in no way impinges on anyone's faith. in life i trust, not god. nor do i seek any answers.

vive la difference as far as i am concerned. one man's meat etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join