It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Dynamics does it again. The rise of the machines...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So we've probably all seen the creepy dog robots that Boston Dynamics has been building....the ones that skitter around on ice and can run at impressive speeds. Well, they're back at it again with some new robots -- some really, really creepy robots. Say hello to Atlas:

A new version of Atlas, designed to operate outdoors and inside buildings. It is specialized for mobile manipulation. It is electrically powered and hydraulically actuated. It uses sensors in its body and legs to balance and LIDAR and stereo sensors in its head to avoid obstacles, assess the terrain, help with navigation and manipulate objects. This version of Atlas is about 5' 9" tall (about a head shorter than the DRC Atlas) and weighs 180 lbs.

Not only can it open doors, navigate snow fields, pick up and set down boxes, it can also withstand the torture of a robot bully with a hockey stick:

I can see it now, starting at about 1:23 in the video one of the robot designers starts harassing the robot with a hockey stick, knocking the boxes away and out of its hands.

In a few decades when the machines and AI minds take over, this video will be a rallying cry... "Remember Atlas model M4503! Remember the hockey sticks!" LOL

And look watch when it gets knocked on it's ass...there's something really creepy about how fast it pops back up. I can almost hear it:

"Ok Lyle...he kocked you down, calm down...you don't have to kill this human, just be calm. You'll get your robot revenge someday..."

I can't lie. I kind of want one to walk around with me where ever I go...I'd put weird costumes on it like a Sherlock Holmes hat one day, or a Pope hat the next. I don't know why...I'm just weird like that I guess.

Anyway, what say YOU ATS? How does this video make you feel? What do you think about these new robots?

I do know that somewhere someone is saying, "Goodbye 100 million warehouse jobs..."

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Already posted

Link

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

+1 kek!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Please continue the conversation in the existing thread on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed...

new topics

top topics

join