It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: The Holy Spirit, Hadith and Gabriel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Salaam.

I am reading the Qur'an, about half through, and I just decided to skim the Hadith because I heard about it being a violent book here.

I was reading and it said Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. I'm new to study of Qur'an and don't want to make any assumptions, and thought, "Here is a good interesting topic to discuss Islam in a civil manner."

Let's please everyone be respectful and courteous to one another, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

Christians and Jews are much more violent then Muslims so be afraid ,very afraid and convert . just saying :>)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Christians and Jews are much more violent then Muslims so be afraid ,very afraid and convert . just saying :>)

Why do say such a waste of words? This makes you appear uneducated and immature with no ability to discuss a spiritual matter without insulting three religions , and yourself for that matter.

If I were you I would spruce up on the knowledge before dropping a sly dis, because you will be held accountable if you say something stupid, I assure you.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh excuse me as I thought you were saying

I am reading the Qur'an, about half through, and I just decided to skim the Hadith because I heard about it being a violent book here.
Violent ??? be afraid , be very afraid . Oh and what is this spiritual aspect you speak of ?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The bible seems to imply this as well.

Matthew 1
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.

Maybe Jesus is Gabriel as well? Because he is said to baptize with the Holy Spirit by John the Baptist, just as Gabriel impregnated Mary with the Holy Spirit. Gabriel also means "man of God" or "man-God" which is what Jesus supposedly was.

Very interesting. S&F

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Oh excuse me as I thought you were saying

Violent ??? be afraid , be very afraid . Oh and what is this spiritual aspect you speak of ?

All that punctuation tells me I've hit a nerve, what was to much honesty in one dose that made you flip or the realization that you don't have any knowledge?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

just as Gabriel impregnated Mary with the Holy Spirit.
show me with the text where it says that ......

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

At least I have read the books where you have only read half or less of them and only skimmed some of them . Maybe it is you that needs to go and finish reading before giving your ignorant opinion . ....just saying :>)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Islam also uses the dove to reference the Holy Spirit, so they know about Jesus' baptism. Gabriel may be able to bestow the Holy Spirit on anyone.

My guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Gabriel showed up to Mary and she was then impregnated by the Holy Spirit. It is heavily implied.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't know about that though, the Holy Spirit is the only unblaspemable member of the trinity and regarded as a God, 1/3 of their trinity which Islam rejects as pagan/polytheist.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Meaning I don't know about what I previously said, not what you said.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Gabriel is the angel messenger from God to the Hebrews . He also works with other angels over other peoples . What is your point and where is the text to back up what you said ? again ..

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I've already posted the text that backs it up. Read Luke 1, it wasn't until after Gabriel visited Mary that she became pregnant with the Holy Spirit. I can't really make it any more clear than that, it is heavily implied within Luke's narrative.

Also, from the Epistula Apostolorum:

14 For ye know that the angel Gabriel brought the message unto Mary. And we answered: Yea, Lord. He answered and said unto us: Remember ye not, then, that I said unto you a little while ago: I became an angel among the angels, and I became all things in all? We said unto him: Yea, Lord. Then answered he and said unto us: On that day whereon I took the form of the angel Gabriel, I appeared unto Mary and spake with her. Her heart accepted me, and she believed (She believed and laughed, Eth.), and I formed myself and entered into her body. I became flesh, for I alone was a minister unto myself in that which concerned Mary (I was mine own messenger, Eth.) in the appearance of the shape of an angel. For so must I needs (or, was I wont to) do. Thereafter did I return to my Father (Copt. After my return to the Father, and run on).

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And what extra biblical text do you get this from ? Go fetch us the biblical text and the context so we can see if maybe your source got it wrong . There has been many people quite removed from the NT text that have given contrary accounts to the people who knew first hand of the accounts . Its not a free for all .... When someone is using sources like this

Pop music is full of sob stories from bands whose timing was horrendous. Few managed to be quite as late to the party as Liverpool’s garage rockers the Stairs.

Never have a band evoked the spirit of a period quite so well as this wonderfully anachronistic three-piece. Sadly for a group born slap-bang in the middle of the early-90s acid-house boom, that period was California in 1966, and the drug of choice was marijuana, not MDMA.

Frontman and bassist Edgar “Summertyme” Jones put together the Stairs after a stint in Ian McCulloch’s backing band following the breakup of Echo and the Bunnymen. Jones had been a fan of the wave of 80s Merseyside bands influenced by the 60s, such as the Lotus Eaters and Wild Swans, and he was forming a worldview so overwhelmingly singular and psychedelic that it made Liverpool contemporaries the La’s seem forward-thinking.
is there any wonder how things can become such a mush of thought .....
edit on 24-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I already told you where it is from. Did you not read my post all the way through? Look right above the quote and you'll see the name of the extra biblical work I got it from. Google it.

I see you have no interest in discussing anything though, only denying, so I will leave it at that.

ETA: What does that quote have to do with my post or the topic at hand?
edit on 2/24/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

We need someone who knows more about Hadith and Gabriel. I think Islam honors Gabriel with more adoration of the 3 religions. I don't know if it does for sure but I don't think the Qur'an equates them as being one and the same. So it depends on how you regard Hadith which I literally just started reading and this set off a bell in my head as I've never heard it before.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.
So it seems from this that John would be filled with the Holy Sprite . I don't see where what you claim to be true . Now if it is Mary's pregnancy that is in question then we might like to look at that to pick up on the details ....Use the text to show that Gabriel impregnated Mary with the Holy Spirit .....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well if you want to go to the main sources for Islam and the hadiths then it should be the Old and New testaments .If not then scientology might work just as well for you .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join