It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral Songs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Ha. A lot of the songs were not to my taste but each to their own. I gave them all a try including led Zeppelin and Abba playing at the same time. A funeral remix one could say. I wonder if you are supposed to play royalties when playing a song at funerals.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Many years ago when I still lived with my mum, she hated my music. "Can you listen to something other than funeral music???" - Didn't sound particularly funerally to me, just angry
And ten years later she actually enjoyed my old music and demanded my mp3 collection.

Anyway, my personal choice!

And.. something a little more typical...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This one is rather appealing, as used when Victor Meldrew got both feet in the grave;

edit on 24-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
Here I tried to post youtube clip. Let me know if anyone gets to see one of my songs. I am on a ph but have also tried on the past on my iPad, maybe I just stu pid.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Do you want it up in the thread?

If you click the youtube button at the end of the row, above the box you reply in, it'll open a wee window . Copy and paste everything after the v= sign in the address bar of the youtube page into it. So for the song you picked (quite nice, actually) you would copy this bit:

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=MukSXrNr07s

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you very much. There are no equal signs when I try to copy link from YouTube.
Actually the first song I want is Mumbai Theme by Nitin Sawhney. If you would be so kind to do a post of that song longest version possible I would meet you in the afterlife and give you a huge warm hug.
Thanks again

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I can't find it. No afterlife hug for me.

I can only find Mumbai Theme by Cafe del Mar (very gorgeous).

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Thanks for trying. I will listen to the cafe del Mar one maybe it's the same after cafe del Mar is just a comp of loads of artists. Huge warm hug for you any way.

Yes yes yes that's the one I wanted thank you thank you thank you. Warm hugs now and warm hugs in the after life as well.

edit on 24-2-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yay!!
Big hugs back to you too.

edit on 24-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eh?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ill admit most arent my taste either. But they werent terrible either. Most. Im not sure. Hopefully not...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Wait a sec....am I in charge of the funerals now!?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Kenny Loggins- DangerZone

I want to leave this world with the same tunes I entered it with. Aviators and all.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can't make my mind up between 2 songs. 1 is more sombre than the other. Both are by Tom Waits.

Actual song in video below doesn't start until around (0:50)

edit on 24-2-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred
I'd go with the first one, it's so beautiful. I can't say I'm much of a fan of the video of the second one, but I like his voice. The roughness of it. That first song was great. Going to look more of his creations up now.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hey! Glad to see you went through in making this thread =)

I know I already shared an Unkle track with you as my funeral song in the other thread, but now you've got me thinking, and I might reconsider..

edit on 24-2-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

Said I would and so I did.
Hmm. Taking a listen now. Merry dying!

Rather nice song. Any song used in SoA is good.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SoA?

Just been reminded me of another funeral song, by Mazzy Star. It was used for a particularly dark scene on Rick and Morty..

edit on 24-2-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Its a tv show. Sons of Anarchy. The music is actually good. Tends to be sad with guitars. You are forgiven my child

What the hell happened in that scene.

For example:
Ah Jesus this song is too good. Great for a funeral I think. The scene was amazingly sad. Or maybe I'm just emotional?

edit on 25-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Oh, of course, I know Sons of Anarchy.. Boy do I feel stupid now..

That scene was the conclusion of an episode where Rick and Morty accidentally ruin the whole planet by turning everyone into mutant monsters, or "cronenbergs" (lol) as Rick calls them, so they bail on that universe and come to a new one..

If you're not familiar with Rick and Morty, I highly recommend you check it out. It's a surprisingly deep and existential show..

(Another great song, although not funereal):

edit on 25-2-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's an amazing show (SoA) and certainly one of the three top best. The other two being Breaking Bad and Tyrant.

Hah wow. Just like imagine you mess up so badly..eh screw it let's go to some other reality. Of course I'm making light of it, but it seems interesting. No one belongs anywhere, so different from what most people say or believe, that we each have a place in the world. Do you agree that no one belongs anywhere? Or the latter? I myself have to think a little bit about that.

I have heard of the show, but haven't actually watched it (only maybe one episode where the old guy sells weapons to galactic bounty hunters and the kid finds out).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join