It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YUUGE! Donald Trump Runs Away with Hispanic Vote in NV GOP Caucuses!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

45.9% of votes at 100% reported and according to CNN exit polling 45% of Hispanics.

Nevada Caucus Results

edit on 24-2-2016 by DeadAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadAgain

45.9% of votes at 100% reported and according to CNN exit polling 45% of Hispanics.

Nevada Caucus Results

Excellent, thank you.

So, 45% of Latino (per CNN) Republican caucus attendees reported Trump support.

Interestingly, that's the same margin that Mrs. Clinton had in the Democratic Caucus (according to your CNN source).

Following the same logic as OP's source ... apparently, Trump and Clinton are neck and neck for the HIspanic vote, eh?

Except that ... Sanders beat them both at 53%

Of the caucus votes ...

In Nevada ...

/sigh

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

In the Republican caucus Hispanics were 8% of the vote and in the Dem caucus they were 19% of the vote. There were a lot more voters in total in the Republican caucus but all considered Trump would probably do well to get 30% of the Hispanic vote in the general election.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In the Republican caucus Hispanics were 8% of the vote and in the Dem caucus they were 19% of the vote. There were a lot more voters in total in the Republican caucus but all considered Trump would probably do well to get 30% of the Hispanic vote in the general election.

Interesting.

I am surprised most of all that 8% of Republican voters (in this particular caucus) were Hispanic.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: galaga

It's actually pretty fascinating how horribly misunderstood the Hispanic minority segment is.

I quite literally saw someone's jaw drop when they met a "Mexican" from Mexico City who had blond hair and blue eyes. Americans...we're a funny and sheltered group.

?Yeah because "white people" are so regularly referred to by their native heritage.

In certain circles yea. You go to NY and see white folks thick on the sidewalks 10 deep and never consider that English was not the language of most of their ancestors.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Nevada Caucus Results

Except that ... Sanders beat them both at 53%

Of the caucus votes ...

In Nevada ...

/sigh

Well that just means that 53% of Mexicans in Nevada want to live off the troff.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Stunning summation. Really.

So ... your point is that Hispanics = Mexicans and most of them are on the government dole.

You should publish.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Stunning summation. Really.

So ... your point is that Hispanics = Mexicans and most of them are on the government dole.

You should publish.

There are only a few reasons difference why they would vote democrat.....easy citizenship for family and free stuff. Remember you got Mexican national groups operating in those South Western States. They are sort of like Mexican Nazis.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So now, according to you, all Hispanics (or at least 92% of them) are also illegal as well as being freeloaders.

You should write for Mr. Trump!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

According to me? I think is established fact that illegals can gain considerable aid from our safety nets. You really can claim pure motives when free stuff is on the table.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Makes sense, from my experience nobody hates illegal immigrants more then legal immigrants.

Believe it or not this issue hits closer to home for people who went through the process of becoming an American citizen so their families could escape poverty and crime and immigrate to a country for a better way of life.

These are the people who know first hand what's going to happen when you just let anyone come over the border unchecked.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm stunned by this thread, although I shouldn't be.

Stunned that Hispanics voted for Trump? Or stunned that Hispanics don't all think the same? Stunned that the MSM and political pundits were wrong?

Trump won the Nevada Republican Caucus with 41% of Hispanic REPUBLICAN voters (according to informal polling by Fox News).

This is clearly inflated in the OP's source to imply that this one caucus (apparently by a maximum of 125 or so people) result implies that Hispanics (i.e. all those of Hispanic origin across the country) are now supporting Mr. Trump.

It is what it is. Those who would make more -- or less -- of it are making their own projections.

It is beyond mind-boggling that 1) OP would support this claim by making this post and 2) that so many who at least tacitly have agreed to "Deny Ignorance" are gladly participating in this charade.

I sure hope I am misunderstanding your comment. Denying ignorance is to deny the MASSIVE issues with rape and other crimes on both of the border in the human smuggling industry, and the many people of every size, shape and color who find it despicable and abhorrent... including Hispanics.

This is absurd on its face.

Yes, indeed. Both denying the crimes committed routinely against women and girls by Hispanic human smugglers... and denying that Hispanics will and are voting for Trump.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm stunned frankly that you would attempt to coat-tail an issue totally unrelated to Mr Trump's erstwhile performance among 125 Hispanic Republicans in Nevada.

Since you asked. But no longer surprised.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Makes sense, from my experience nobody hates illegal immigrants more then legal immigrants.

Excellent point. One of the proudest Americans I know (born in Mexico), and one of the proudest Trump supporters as well, gained his citizenship about 15 years ago, is also the most critical of those who come illegally, and he totally supports Trump's wall.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm stunned frankly that you would attempt to coat-tail an issue totally unrelated to Mr Trump's erstwhile performance among 125 Hispanic Republicans in Nevada.

Since you asked. But no longer surprised.

Fair enough. I'm stunned (and appalled and saddened) that so many deny and ignore the most important issue involved in illegal immigration, which is the level of human suffering.... especially for political points.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: galaga

It's actually pretty fascinating how horribly misunderstood the Hispanic minority segment is.

I quite literally saw someone's jaw drop when they met a "Mexican" from Mexico City who had blond hair and blue eyes. Americans...we're a funny and sheltered group.

?Yeah because "white people" are so regularly referred to by their native heritage.

I have no idea what your comment means?

Yes, I saw someone who had no idea you could be from Mexico, be a "Mexican national" and have blond hair and blue eyes. Obviously this Mexican had a lot of Spanish genetics.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You should be disgusted. The fact that we have made the immigration process so complicated complex and restrictive that women and girls are willing to submit themselves to the hazards of the Coyote Underground is utterly despairing.

As is implying that the bloviating Mr. Trump has addressed the horrible plight of these women and girls AT ALL in his ridculous racist ranting!

Political points indeed!

edit on 24-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Disgusted

edit on 24-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Still disgusted

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

One of my hubby's cousins a drop-dead gorgeous red-haired and green-eyed beauty. To say she's striking is an understatement. We wonder/assume she is a "throwback" to a long ago union of Mexican and Irish relatives during the Mexican-American War, when many Irish immigrants fought with Mexico.

But it's surprising how many people are unaware of that connection also. Anthony Quinn is an Irish Mexican; his mother was Mexican, and his father was an Irish immigrant.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

As is implying that the bloviating Mr. Trump has addressed the horrible plight of these women and girls AT ALL in his ridculous racist ranting!

Yes, he did. Very poorly, as already acknowledged, but it's a helluvalot more than any other candidate has done.

Too bad no one took the opportunity to express these very real and very serious concerns better, and give it the full sunlight it warrants, rather than attacking Trump and pretending there is no problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'd truly love to see any evidence that ties Trumps racist BS comments to this very real tragedy.

Not your belief or whatever that this was what he was referring to. Actual connections, like some citation from Trump that refers specifically to this issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join