It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YUUGE! Donald Trump Runs Away with Hispanic Vote in NV GOP Caucuses!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Huh, not that it means anything, but I live in a town with a lot of hispanics and migrant workers, and I've talked to dozens of them, and not ONE has said they're voting for Trump. Hell, most of the responses from hispanics here have been along the lines of "are you kidding me?"

Just saying it is surprising to me the number of people saying that all the hispanics they've talked to are voting for Trump.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I was going to ask if you were Puerto Rican. Not to stray off topic but can I ask you an honest question about your experiences? Have you noticed a particular prejudice against Mexicans by other Hispanics? I know quite a few Puerto Ricans and Colombians in particular and it definitely seems to be a thing. It seems that in general, there's also a definite social stratification in Latin American countries / territories with people of clearly more European extraction at the top and the more indigenous people at the bottom.

For example, look at the casts of these telenovelas:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Is not funny, actually my jaw dropped when I came to the US from Puerto Rico to be asked by Americans if Puerto Rico was attached to Mexico, because I looked different, in Puerto Rico most Mexican immigrants are no the native we see here in the US, I was very much surprised to see how different the indigenous portion of Mexican immigrants were from the ones I grew with back home.

Most of my Mexican friends as I have a few are mistaken for Puerto Ricans.

There is racism among Mexicans. In general (not cast in iron), darker skin means more indigenous. They have more native "Indian" ancestry. Mexicans with European ancestry tend to think they are of higher class. Border Mexicans tend to be of the more indigenous group. They are the ones who have mostly migrated up through Arizona and more north.

Remember this is just in general. Not every individual Mexican.

We dont think we are of a higher class. We just dont like to be called "Mexican" . Because we are not. We are distinctly Spanish. We dont look Mexican, we have nothing in common with Mexicans. We are not Cuban or Puerto Rican. We dont come from the jungle or an island. We never smack pinatas, we dont have Quinces for our kids. We just dont do Mexican things. Just dont get us confused. The only reason some think we are Mexican, is that alot of the Spanish have heavy accents. But they are white as any other Euros. So no, We dont come from Mexico and we hardly interbred with the Natives.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There is racism amongst black people too. Take for example where my father is from "suriname" i can tell you first hand that there is a lot of racism amongst them based on the taint of your skin. And it is not exclusive to just Suriname, not by a longshot.

Asians do it to each other based on their slanted eyes in places like china (i think it was china could be japan or both) With eye correction operations being big buissnes. ALso their lenght this is deffo in china. Short chinese people are discriminated against. Complying with the european standards of lenght is seen as ideal. Those things go even so far that if yo basically dont even have a real chance in life over there. Scary and very painfull leg lengething operations are done because of it.

Racism is everywhere and equally. If there is not actually another race around people will discriminate each other to the same degree regardless.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 12:32:56 -06001620162America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for taking the time and thought to comment, and I'm glad you got to say what you wanted to say. I'll let your words stand on their own merit.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Didn't I specify in general?

WE? Who is we?

If you're born in Mexico, you are Mexican.

Yeah, pulling up your superior heritage.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Are we talking about black peoples?

NO

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Huh, not that it means anything, but I live in a town with a lot of hispanics and migrant workers, and I've talked to dozens of them, and not ONE has said they're voting for Trump. Hell, most of the responses from hispanics here have been along the lines of "are you kidding me?"

Just saying it is surprising to me the number of people saying that all the hispanics they've talked to are voting for Trump.

Its probably the hispanics who have been in the U.S a bit longer and legaly and are a bit more well versed in U.S politics.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good to see people actually see it for what it is. Trump is not sublte but his message is clear (unless you willingly distort it). He says it like it is and what he thinks instead of some scripted teleprompter...

That's about it. We've all laughed at what a bad messenger Trump is. But we all agree that some home truths are in order. And if Trump's the only one saying it -- no matter how badly -- people can appreciate that.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Are we talking about black peoples?

NO

Wow so much anger 0_0

We were discussing discrimination amongst 1 race werent we. You seem so upset maybe you should find another threat that does not have this sort of effect on your mental state?

Geez.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Huh, not that it means anything...

Sure it does! It's good to know all perspectives...

...but I live in a town with a lot of hispanics and migrant workers, and I've talked to dozens of them, and not ONE has said they're voting for Trump.

Well, I sure hope the migrant workers aren't voting for anyone. Have the others said who they are supporting? And may I ask if you're in a border state?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: galaga

Didn't I specify in general?

WE? Who is we?

If you're born in Mexico, you are Mexican.

Yeah, pulling up your superior heritage.

I was not born in Mexico. I was born here in the USA. I already said we dont think of ourselves as superior. We just dont like to be called Mexican because we are not, We, my people, are Spanish New Mexican. How damn hard is it for you to understand that?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Good to see people actually see it for what it is. Trump is not sublte but his message is clear (unless you willingly distort it). He says it like it is and what he thinks instead of some scripted teleprompter...

That's about it. We've all laughed at what a bad messenger Trump is. But we all agree that some home truths are in order. And if Trump's the only one saying it -- no matter how badly -- people can appreciate that.

I can agree on that for sure

Altough i dont necessarily would call it a bad way. I think we all got used to all these acted performances that we have problems with someone in that possition to just talk like a normal human being would instead of hiding behind "thousand points of light" "hope and change". Put one of those heroic victory soundtracks over those speechesof all those presidents that do that outside of Trump and it fits the bill perfectly of it all being staged and acted.

I think Trumps way is good. Maybe someone sometime will step up and do it in that vain with a bit more souplesse but as it is its fine enough to finally hae someone like that.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Very disingenuous thread.

Trump won the majority of Hispanic votes from Hispanic Republicans. This is in no way indicative of the percentage of Hispanic votes he would receive in the general election.
edit on 24-2-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Very disingenious thread.

I think you meant disingenuous... but okay. Perspective is what it is.

Trump won the majority of Hispanic votes from Hispanic Republicans. This is in no way indicative of the percentage of Hispanic votes he would receive in the general election.

Okay, fair enough. We may find out together though in November...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, we don't actually know if that's true either. He did however apparently get 45% of the votes of the 125 Hispanics Fox News polled in their entrance polls. That's assuming that all of those people actually voted as they said they intended to.

I guess it's a slightly less unscientific form of divination than reading tea leaves.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think you meant disingenuous... but okay. Perspective is what it is.

Edited for clarity. Sometimes I type too fast.

Okay, fair enough. We may find out together though in November...

Yes, we will. No doubt about that.

For the sake of argument, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. You are correct, though.

In reality this doesn't mean that much. It's nothing more than a glimpse of hope for the pro-Trump cheerleaders.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Edited for clarity. Sometimes I type too fast.

Happens to all of us -- no worries!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

They already are...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thanks for taking the time and thought to comment, and I'm glad you got to say what you wanted to say. I'll let your words stand on their own merit.

It's nothing against you. I just believe you're wrong and you're buying into a line of BS about how Trump is being somehow picked on by the evil establishment controlled MSM that doesn't want him to win because he's so non-establishment. I guess that's actually two lines of BS because I also fail to see how a billionaire who has donated millions of dollars to establishment candidates over the years can reasonably be considered non-establishment. That seems logically inconsistent to me.

Maybe if I watched Fox News I might see him being misquoted or misrepresented? Every time I turn on CNN I see Trump proxies who try to explain away his idiotic remarks from the night before. This includes the following: Katrina Pierson, Jeffrey Lord, Scottie Nell Hughes, Kayleigh McEnany or Sam Clovis. He's got the most representation of any presidential candidate in the media by a mile and yet.. the media is distorting what he's saying.

It's just not true.

Edit to add:

I almost forgot about Roger Stone (mild profanity from Stone's tweets at link).
edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join