It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican voter numbers tell the story of how they will beat the DNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This article is showing that a lot of those angry voters have been awakened and that support for the GOP is at a 10 year high.

First, the front runner is someone who is not even supposed to be there. They have swept the last 3 primaries all the while holding back 2 strong contenders. Where the front runner has not won by majority yet he sure came close in Nevada. It is not the percentages though that show however the movement. It is the amount of voters turning out which is something that was explained would hurt the front runner eventually and then whoever gets the nod against the DNC. Take a look however,

In 2012, Romney won Nevada by with almost 50% of the vote. Trump had almost 47%. The difference is the amount of voters who turned out. Romney got as many voters as second place Rubio in the current primary. Trump more than doubled Romney's total at 34 thousand votes in a state that historically have a small turnout.

Right now Trump has 420,000 votes. Romeny at the same time in 12 had 311,000 and McCain had 250,000. His number is almost doubled.

Forget the polls. What this tells us is that unlike the two prior elections, those who are Republican, or share republican values or values with the candidates, are coming out to vote. All those pundits who say the GOP cannot take a general election should now be seeing that the votes are there and the people are coming out.

Whoever gets the nod, with Bloomberg polling poorly it is looking like a 2 person race. Even if Trump falters, which seems unlikely at this point, those who supported the top 3 will swing because they do NOT want to see a DNC victory.

America seems to have risen from slumber....

www.weeklystandard.com...

Before the primaries got underway in earnest, many assumed that Trump would fare more poorly than his poll numbers indicated because so many of his supporters had rarely voted in the past. But with this election, the past has not been a reliable predictor of future events.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am glad it won't be Hilary or the Communist, but will it really be *better* under Republicans? I am thinking we need a real change and not the same old politics.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't be to sure about that. Trump doesn't have that huge support in the general. And lets be honest some of the Trump polices will never pass nor happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am glad it won't be Hilary or the Communist, but will it really be *better* under Republicans? I am thinking we need a real change and not the same old politics.

Start the Metallican Party...

You seem at least as sensible as any of the current candidates, and who cares if you know foreign policy, just surround yourself with smarter people and heed their advice.

Plus, your inauguration ball could be headlined by Metallica. Now, that alone should garner quite a few votes.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

That is what the article shows. Whoever the nominee, GOP or GOP leaning voters are coming out in record numbers. If the GOP simply says ok, and rallies around the front runner, in this case Trump, there will be more than enough to carry any candidate.

Sanders supporters will not jump to Hillary as easy as the GOP will coalesce around one to beat the DNC.

I am looking forward to some awesome debates. Does no one else want to see Hillary finally lose it on national TV? I do!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This article is showing that a lot of those angry voters have been awakened and that support for the GOP is at a 10 year high.

America seems to have risen from slumber....

Yea and we've heard the same thing in the past (remember the Tea Party?) about how this "silent majority" has awakened like the mythical Kraken and wrapping its slimey tentacles around our necks, will pull us down into the deep dark abyss of regressive insanity.

Predicting a GOP win in the general election based on high turnout in Nevada is more than a stretch. The dynamics are considerably different. When it comes to the general election, if either Trump or Cruz are the candidate, expect a big boost in turnout for the Democratic candidate. Rubio is more of a wildcard because he's successfully marketed himself as the "moderate option" and so he doesn't concern people as much as he would if they really understood how much he isn't a moderate.

"I love the poorly educated!" -- Donald J. Trump

edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I am looking forward to some awesome debates. Does no one else want to see Hillary finally lose it on national TV? I do!!!!

I'd personally love to see Hillary lose it on national TV but that's extremely unlikely to happen. After 10 hours in front of a GOP firing squad, she was unflappable. Meanwhile, Donald Trump hasn't managed to compete successfully in a single GOP debate. His strength lies in pandering to frothy mouthed morons (he "loves the poorly educated" remember?) in his speeches with vague declarations about "how great it will be" once he builds the wall (that Mexico will pay for of course), closes the borders to all Muslims and finds a team of super-negotiators who will out negotiate China (who he loves).

edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I read about this earlier and many of the analysts are saying we need to wait and see how super Tuesday transpires.

Too many people are putting the cart before the horse here.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think many people choose Trump because he represents a big middle finger to the establishment, not necessarily because they like him or even agree with his policies.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Predicting a GOP win in the general election based on high turnout in Nevada is more than a stretch. The dynamics are considerably different. When it comes to the general election, if either Trump or Cruz are the candidate, expect a big boost in turnout for the Democratic candidate. Rubio is more of a wildcard because he's successfully marketed himself as the "moderate option" and so he doesn't concern people as much as he would if they really understood how much he isn't a moderate.

This one paragraph is really the only needed response to the OP. However, I am apparently going to reply anyway...Primary caucus turnouts are simply that. What are the voting rules in the Nevada caucus? Only registered Republicans or can anyone vote? There's an important distinction there, as it varies by state. Some people will vote in the GOP primary even though they intend to vote democrat, if they feel their candidate is a lock, and vice versa, just to mess with the results.

Trump is a leading the GOP because the rest of the field is a mess, and as pointed out, the best option for them is Rubio, who is fumbling all over right now. The moderate swing vote won't vote Trump or Cruz, or at least not enough. Even if every voting age republican and democrat voted in November, you have to get more than fifty percent of the swing vote to win the Presidency. Rubio has the best chance of that. Trump would have to seriously change his debate tactics to get mass appeal from swing vote moderates.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

The moderate swing vote won't vote Trump or Cruz, or at least not enough

They did in south carolinia, in fact the exit polls showed that most of trumps votes in south carolinia came from people who described themselves as moderate to slightly conservative, 40+ year olds.
it seems that the over 40 moderates love trump at least in south carolinia anyhow.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"And Romney will win Ohio ... "

"Just a few more districts need to report ... "

"He will win ... it's a landslide ... "

"... a historic ... land ... slide ..."

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

The moderate swing vote won't vote Trump or Cruz, or at least not enough

They did in south carolinia, in fact the exit polls showed that most of trumps votes in south carolinia came from people who described themselves as moderate to slightly conservative, 40+ year olds.
it seems that the over 40 moderates love trump at least in south carolinia anyhow.

Wait ... you mean voters in the Republican SC Primary were "moderate to slightly conservative"?

That *is* news ... LOL.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What is the largest American voting bloc?

Independent voters.

He (or she) who wins the Independent votes will likely be the next President of the United States.

new topics

top topics

join