It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential debates with Trump would be historic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Um... Ronald Reagan was an actor you know?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Um... all presidential debates are historic. This is the kind of stuff that makes up history.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Profusion

Um... Ronald Reagan was an actor you know?

Being the Governor of California from 1967–75 definitely made him a politician. I think there is an interesting question here though. According to the Cambridge dictionary, there is a difference between the British definition of "politician" and the American definition of "politician":

"politician" in British English

a ​member of a ​government or law-making ​organization

"politician" in American English

a ​person who is ​active in ​politics, esp. as a ​job
dictionary.cambridge.org...

When I referred to Trump and Eisenhower as both being non-politicans, I would only be correct using the British definition. Talk about splitting hairs. When I was researching for this thread I saw Eisenhower was referred to as a "non-career politician" before he became POTUS.

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Um... all presidential debates are historic. This is the kind of stuff that makes up history.

I should have used the phrase "make history" rather than historic. In the following video which was posted earlier in the thread, consider what the moderator said:

Now, tonight's program is unlike any other presidential debate in history, we're making history now and it's pretty exciting...

That proves at least the term "making history" can be correctly used to describe a presidential debate even though as you wrote, all presidential debates are technically historic.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-2-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join