It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have always said that "Satanists" are the most devout Christians around. That's because they completely and totally buy into the whole cosmology, lock, stock and barrel. A good chunk of Christians -- those with some good ol' common sense, including a large number of Priests and Ministers -- know and acknowledge that what they believe has some basic logical problems and suffers from a sorry lack of clear and solid definitions. (What the heck even is a "Holy Spirit" anyway?)

But not Satanists. They're absolutely with the program, inconsistencies be damned. You gotta give them credit for riding that crazy train all the way to the station, even if it is in the caboose.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
True, though the one discussed in the OP is the most wide spread even though it is still of course a minority.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

From what I remember it was called that because the name originally meant one who questions or opposes authority or something like that.
They do oppose organised worship, so it makes sense, but I still think they could have avoided all the hassle by calling themselves something else.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DisinfoCom

One thing is for sure, why did Christianity have to link Satan with a goat, I love goat meat, that is just wrong.

Look at the pentagram behind the goat for your answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Care to discuss the logical errors of Satanism?What inconsistencies? I'm open to discussion. And no I am neither Christian nor Satanist.

+3 more 
link   
Satanism is all about being selfish and indulging in the lower self, the animalistic side of our dualistic nature. Its about me first and survival of the fittest. Its about anti spirituality and all about the physical. It's about addiction and putting the self before others. It is what the modern world has become. It's just flat out ugly. a reply to: DisinfoCom

link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Klassified
True, though the one discussed in the OP is the most wide spread even though it is still of course a minority.

I would question whether or not it is the most widespread today, but it may very well be the most prevalent. Either way, I get your point.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj
I posted a quote for you
You're right, but why. Sometimes it's just good to piss people off. Hell, it's great to see people's reactions.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan
I disagree with the selfishness. A Satanic quote:

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.”

I hardly find that selfish.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. - The Church of Satan

Seems like the perfect ideology to go along with capitalism, consumerism, productivism, etc..

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
Satanism is all about being selfish and indulging in the lower self, the animalistic side of our dualistic nature. Its about me first and survival of the fittest. Its about anti spirituality and all about the physical. It's about addiction and putting the self before others. It is what the modern world has become. It's just flat out ugly. a reply to: DisinfoCom

You obviously know little about Satanism, or you wouldn't have made that post. Check the link I posted on the first page. That's one sect that isn't what you describe. Nevertheless, I think there are times in our lives we need to put ourselves before others.

"Indulging in the lower self"? And...what's the problem? It has it's place as well.
edit on 2/23/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Yes I realize to whom you were responding. Though that comment seems more as a joke than anything else. Anyways understood. Good day.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

you said it better than i could

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn
Wouldn't consumerism be more in favor of unity and likeness to the others. To conform rather than stand an individual? That is my opinion anyways. And of course the same with liberty.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Satanism is a front like all other religions. It all boils down to a singular set of principles baked into most spiritual paths. Many lead to the same place or purposefully mislead those from the truth. I find most mainstream religions and even "relationships with god" to be the farthest actual representations of truth. They all contain pieces to a broken mirror, scattered across the planet. As civilizations find these pieces, many will see a different reflection of their existence.

Together, these pieces all form into the complete reflection of truth while eliminating all imperfections. Satanism is a false ideal and Satan isn't real. What it can offer someone is a mix of what every other "affiliation" can offer, just in it's own way, often incomplete or distorted. Knowledge must be obtained without borders and significant retraining of one's mind is necessary to rise above all obstacles.

edit on 23-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hoping to hear from the Religious Christian and Muslim bashers soon...or are they ok with satanism as a legit religion?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
You tell me:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Read through that mess and tell me.

edit on 23-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Ok so let's be clear, I don't believe in any of the Satan/God dogma which all came from the Egyptians and they got it from the Sumerians...every religion today stems from the Sumerians in one way or another so that is where I rest my hat. So you and I are somewhat on the same page but I do not worship a goddess per se, but if I had to pick one it would be Isis (aka Ishtar, Mary, Diana). Satan is a concept of good vs evil which is light vs dark. And if one is religious right vs wrong. Just like God is a concept of good but actually used for control and profit.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jazzy4

I dont worship a goddess either. Not the normal goddess. By goddess i mean the woman i will love. That is my belief. Who you love above all. So we do agree it seems.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Generally liking your posts did you not read the OP? It says that Satan isn't worshiped or believed in by practicing Satanists.

Irony being, that's what Satan wants.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join