It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 auto-uninstalls programs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Fresh install of Windows 10 disc purchased from Newegg. I'm not a pirate.

Did not ask you if you were a pirate. I asked if your disc had a sticker or painted on graphics. The reason is that I have purchased Windows 7 discs from places like Newegg and TigerDirect that came from Mexico that were in fact fakes made by the cartel with malware pre-installed. The keys were real, for a time, until MS started blocking them. Keep in mind, these came from legit vendors.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I might look through the local group policy editor when I get home today and search for "compatibility" or "incompatibility" or variations there of, and try to see if I can find something I can disable.

Someone somewhere has to be working on an app to block or disable the auto-uninstaller. I can't imagine this going over well with the many people in IT.

None of my peers in IT have had any issues to speak of. The only reports I have had of people having issues with Win10 is just random end users like yourself. Do you know the name of the executable that you think is an "auto uninstaller"? I don't think it exists. What can happen is that programs get moved to Windows.old folder (I think this was an issue with a specific update from Dec 15), you can simply move them back to where they were in Programs for example.

You are basically using an outdated version of Windows 10 release if you do not update often. These updates fix problems, you know like the ones you are having.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

There's a whole lot of angry people on reddit who have the same issue I do:
www.reddit.com...

I'm sure someone will figure out how to disable this soon enough.

I did take a look through gpedit and couldn't find anything obvious. It might be a setting buried in there somewhere, but I don't see a search function.

I also work in IT and I have heard nothing but bad things about W10. My boss is dreading the day we have to upgrade.

Updates can also break things. Which is why if I don't need to update for a specific reason, I won't.

edit on 2/24/16 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I too read that thread yesterday in fact. Its several months old and only a handful of people are having an issue. Specifically with Speccy mind you.

I would suggest you do a test. Do a fresh install of Windows 10, fully update it. See if you continue to have issues. Disable Cortana using the standard GUI method that any end user would use. I doubt you will continue to have issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Sort by name is what sorting alphabetical is called. it is working in windows 10. You can sort by name on the actual desktop or in folder view %userprofile%desktop.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Updates can also break things. Which is why if I don't need to update for a specific reason, I won't.

This is very true, however you have to take into account that windows 10 is pretty new, and the updates are actually pretty necessary, as they are fixing bugs from the massive roll out they did.

I have never had an automatic uninstall of a program on windows 10 and have been using it since beta. It does seem to be VERY user specific and uncommon.

Good luck with fixing the problem, I think the issue is somewhere else though, not windows 10 itself.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Some nice little tweaks here for Windows 10 www.thewindowsclub.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join