It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike Lee to Endorse Bernie Sanders, Voice Ad for the Senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well this is interesting turn of events for Bernie. He could have used that endorsement on the last caucus.

Interesting words from what it appears for the ad and endorsement by Spike Lee.

Lee is pretty much stating the obvious and that Clinton is full of $hit and only does things for the best interest of corporations and Bernie has an actual record of helping minorities.

linky

The Bernie Sanders campaign will start running radio ads today in South Carolina featuring another famous voice: Spike Lee.

“Waaaaake up! Wake up, South Carolina!” Lee begins in the new spot first obtained by ABC News from the Bernie Sanders campaign. “This is your dude, Spike Lee. And you know that I know that you know that the system is rigged! And for too long we’ve given our votes to corporate puppets. Sold the okie doke. Ninety-nine percent of Americans were hurt by the Great Recession of 2008, and many are still recovering. “That’s why I am officially endorsing my brother, Bernie Sanders. Bernie takes no money from corporations. Nada. Which means he’s not on the tape, and when Bernie gets into the White House, he will do the right thing!” the actor, writer and film producer continues in the ad.

Lee goes on to invoke Sanders' participation in the 1963 March of Washington with Martin Luther King Jr. as well as his arrest in Chicago "for protesting segregation in public schools." "He fought for wealth and education equality throughout his whole career. No flippin', no floppin'. Enough talk. Time for action. Hey, Bernie from Brooklyn, talk to the folks," Lee says, before Sanders delivers the usual line that he endorsed the message. The spot comes ahead of South Carolina's Democratic primary, where Sanders has been looking to make inroads among African-Americans, an electorate where Hillary Clinton has held an edge in polling.

Now Bernie just needs the support of a well known feminist and the head of the naive to come out and support him, assuming the system isn't rigged.

edit on 31229America/ChicagoTue, 23 Feb 2016 07:31:46 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

A Marxist, openly anti-white racist supports an old white guy who promotes Marxism and anti-white racism. I'm so surprised.
edit on 23-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Could someone less annoying endorse him?

Spike Lee?

The black guy thats out of touch w blacks....

Makes a movie (rip off of greek play) that basically says the Chicago, more like Chi-crap. violence could be ended if Ratchets stop giving out rachet #. Insult to those that live there but whatever he gets a special pass right? Cuz he a made a movie in the 80s so now we all gotta pretend his crap matters.

Maybe he should go buy some more stupid glasses.

Only upside is he isn't deepthroating Hilldogg.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Marxism calls for VIOLENT revolution, followed by NO Government....certainly not Bernie's message.

Right on Spike Lee for endorsing the best candidate for All Americans, and using common sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I find it funny how he is endorsing the same type of person he says should stay out of Bed-Stuy...

www.theguardian.com...

Spike Lee is an icehole to the 10th degree...Mookie needs to go back to delivering pizzas...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So it's Mookie versus God in the epic battle for black votes? I think we know who wins.

I really don't think this election cycle could get much weirder. Problem is, I keep saying that but..... it still does.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Could someone less annoying endorse him?

Spike Lee?

The black guy thats out of touch w blacks....

Makes a movie (rip off of greek play) that basically says the Chicago, more like Chi-crap. violence could be ended if Ratchets stop giving out rachet #. Insult to those that live there but whatever he gets a special pass right? Cuz he a made a movie in the 80s so now we all gotta pretend his crap matters.

Maybe he should go buy some more stupid glasses.

Only upside is he isn't deepthroating Hilldogg.

Dammit.
You made me laugh multiple times with that single post and I am trying to cultivate a mean prick bastard image here at work.
They quit listening to you if you are nice.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

Marxism calls for VIOLENT revolution, followed by NO Government....certainly not Bernie's message.

Right on Spike Lee for endorsing the best candidate for All Americans, and using common sense.

It's not too late!

Felling the berning sensation again!

Oh wait, that's something else...

Feeling the Bern though!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So you're cool with racists as long as they're black and anti-white?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

How racist can he actually be if he is endorsing Bernie Sander's ? Everyone grows up, including Spike Lee.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah I'm not a fan of Spike Lee , but he does take some good jabs at Hillary in the ad so its not just an endorsement for Bernie.

Although the message can be applied across all races since it deals with corruption, I do wonder if it will make any difference in the African American community ?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

How racist can he actually be if he is endorsing Bernie Sander's ? Everyone grows up, including Spike Lee.

Bernie is a self hating white guy (or a Jewish man who doesn't see himself as "white") who promotes racist beliefs like "white privilege". A racist black man might see that as appealing.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Bernie is a self hating white guy (or a Jewish man who doesn't see himself as "white") who promotes racist beliefs like "white privilege". A racist black man might see that as appealing.

Well, I don't buy that Bernie is a self hating white guy or a Jew that doesn't see himself as "white". In Bernie's life time he has seen racism and segregation first hand, and "white privilege" has indeed played out in America's history. Spike Lee is a film maker that has used his voice to examine racism....this is how wiki describes him.

"Lee's movies have examined race relations, colorism in the black community, the role of media in contemporary life, urban crime and poverty, and other political issues. Lee has received two Academy Award nominations, a Student Academy Award and an Academy Honorary Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and won numerous other awards, including an Emmy Award and the 2013 Gish Prize."

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm proud to have no idea who spike lee is. The name is familiar but as far as I'm concerned the entire Entertainment Industrial Complex can die in a fire.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
I'm proud to have no idea who spike lee is. The name is familiar but as far as I'm concerned the entire Entertainment Industrial Complex can die in a fire.

lol....funny you have responded to this thread if these are your feelings. Spike Lee's endorsement is a good thing for Bernie's campaign and frankly makes me respect Lee more then I did.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

The idea that any celebrity endorsement carries weight for anything makes me want to vomit. I try to express my disdain for such things whenever I can. Humans are so unbearably pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
...and Morgan Freeman endorses Hillary. He is a bit more gullible than I had thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Fair enough....I hear ya......unfortunately celebrity endorsements do carry some weight for many people. Heck a celebrity is seriously being considered for the GOP candidate for POTUS . I think it's absurd, but it is what it is.

top topics

join