It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been more brash than usual?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I guess I'm 'all or nothing' that's why I got into the mess in the first place. Thanks for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Well shoot. Just don't go around drawing rainbows and fluffy bunny rabbits and skipping. That's going a bit far.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

To be honest I'm having a terrible day. Everything is going wrong, I'm seriously stressed and agitated, all I can think about is having a drink. I'm trying my hardest not to crack. I'm not surrounded by much positivity either which isn't helping.

I don't think I'll crack.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hang in there, man.

You sound like you need a laugh.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Cheers Skid. Hubba hubba. Turns out I was tired and hungry.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Get help from your GP, don't be all macho and try to cope on your own.

It's very hard to kick this demonic drug without medical help.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I know what you're saying. What can the gp do? I don't want medication.

I didn't crack yesterday. I was around drivers and smokers too. I'm doing the same today, drinking water.

I think I'll be ok. It's been 2 weeks I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Drinkers not drivers.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Seems a bit self indulgent but it's all in the name of self help... I'm up to 6 miles now on the running. I didn't crack over the last weekend. It feels good.

One thing...

Positivity is breeding positivity. One example would be a few new friends on here over the last couple of weeks. Another would be a fair few donations of applause from the mods... I never really got that! Bonus!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well kudos to you! All that at once must be awful! I quit smoking, then went on a diet, so I had to cut out alcohol too. Tried to cut out coffee as well but I thought that was too risky for my family.
I'm feeling like a nutcase lately. I hope I don't verbally bite anyones head off around here.
I empathize and sympathize.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It's crazy how you feel when craving something. Anger, sadness, my mind convinces me of things which are false. But it's all fading. I wish you luck and send positive thoughts your way! Excellent to hear others are making positive changes.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Bluesma

It's crazy how you feel when craving something. Anger, sadness, my mind convinces me of things which are false. But it's all fading.

Good to hear that fella, and good luck sticking with it

A few posts back I remember you saying you were "an all or nothing kind of guy" or something like that, do you think you'll return to social drinking on occasions in the future?

I blew 80 grand up my nose in a year a decade or so ago. I stopped only when the money ran out, it was horrible returning to 'normal' and running only on food again.
I haven't touched the stuff since, can't trust myself lol.

Again, best of luck and stay strong with the running.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I bet coming off that was hell.

Thanks for the support man.

I'm not sure with the drinking. If really really like to think I can have a few cans or pints with friends but I worry that it opens the flood gates and I'm back to square one. Something in me makes me think that if I keep up the running then I'll not want to drink regularly and when I do drink I'll maybe feel like I have deserved it.

But yes, I definitely all or nothing. That could be a problem. But let's see. I certainly won't be driving to the off license at 11 pm for another 8 cans on a Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I certainly won't be driving to the off license at 11 pm for another 8 cans on a Tuesday.

Haha excellent!
My shop is only a couple of minutes walk down the hill, always good when 11pm comes and the licensing legislation makes the decision for me not to buy any more.
I completely understand with all of it so you have my respect, just don't get addicted to the endorphins and adrenaline from the running like I did.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It may be too late! I've even started talking to the other runners at work. Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hahaha! Brilliant!
I've said many times that the drugs the human body produces when you push it are absolutely the best.
...you'll start hating car drivers and their exhaust fumes soon!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Lol My exhaust is hanging off where the cat bolts to the manifold so the amount of fumes I'm kicking out at the moment means I can't pull the green card.

1.9tdi.
edit on 10-3-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Lol, my van is so old it hasn't got a cat or turbo, I proper love it though, before diesel prices dropped to what they are now I was running a 50/50 mix with cooking oil from Bookers wholesale.
I'm not upgrading anytime soon either, virtually no electronics, not much can actually go wrong with it, and if it does I can fix it with a standard tool box.
I do pay full rate road tax with the emissions though

...when I was addicted to running though I hated the taste of vehicle fumes so avoided roads as much as I could.

edit on 10.3.2016 by grainofsand because: Added "turbo"

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

We have the same approach to motoring. I'm sure we could both afford and enjoy a BMW estate but the buzz of getting in that old work horse knowing it's giving value for money and still going strong topping 200k miles... You can't beat it. Plus we don't have that £200 per month credit burden of a new car. I'm with you on the road tax... About £250... Not sure if that's six monthly or annually.

In fact, I've had to do the length of the country a couple of time this month. Two occasions someone has asked if I think my car will make it. Fools, taken in by marketing, they won't trust a car less than 6 years old. Then when I tell them I'm getting 10miles for every quid of fuel I put in they can't believe it.

I've a horrible feeling the guy I work for will offer me a car next year. I wonder if he'll be insulted if I just ask him to replace the offside rear wheel trim I've been missing for 6 months?

I won't put off doing that exhaust at the weekend. Again.

I just remembered it's an SDi not a tdi

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

My mates say get a new van on finance and I ask why because mine is a solid workhorse.
Another reason I don't is because that £200 per month means I can choose to take more days off than they can tied to finance.
Same with the fuel, just over 10 miles per litre at current prices, and if I ever do break down then the RAC are pretty much guaranteed to get me going again or the nearest one man band garage can fix it without needing a computer to diagnose the fault.
I can buy parts from scrap yards, and change them myself, it's a win-win situation.

...now don't put that exhaust issue off, it's a good thing to do with idle hands at the weekend, get the Swarfega on them after you've finished, then a nice long run to get a dump of endorphins...sorted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join