It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been more brash than usual?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In response to some private messages and public questioning here's a short one....

So I've done it, I've quit alcohol, both types of smoking and I've started exercising. It's supposed to make me feel better. At the moment I hate you all.

If you've read posts of mine you know I have never been able to quit the booze. Well now I have.

This isn't an excuse. This is therapy. I enjoy being an arse on these boards. Maybe a new me will emerge once I've got over the hard bit.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Hang in there. I'm rooting for you!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Good for you. I'm 8 month without a fag now. No patches or e-cigs totally cold turkey. My next step is like you to cut down on my booze intake.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Good for you!

I have been working with a personal trainer and cut out all kinds of things from my diet and personal hygiene products. I also have gotten a resting metabolic rate to find how many calories I am actually burning and did the 'bod pod' to get an analysis of my body composition.

I have a LONG way to go, but it does feel good to take charge of your health. I wish you much success!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I feel more positive already. Thanks. The hate is dissipating. I think.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

Good for you. I'm 8 month without a fag now. No patches or e-cigs totally cold turkey. My next step is like you to cut down on my booze intake.

Holy crap when I read your post I was confused by your use of the word 'fag' for a moment. It read a lot different than you intended over here in the States. Regardless good for you!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Mmm, maybe not hate (I would hope), but anger. I read your dog post and thought how unlike that was of you. Great to know what's going on behind the scenes and know that "you" are still there - just battling some mountains right now. Just remember: each moment is a new moment, each hour is a new hour and each day is a new day. So there is no failure - just constant improvement. Be kind to yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Aww, I'm sorry! I think I called you a "princess" in a previous thread.

Good luck with everything, I completely understand now!
If I ever quit smoking I will have to have a new identity here.

You'll get lots of support here...embrace it!

jacy

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As long as no dogs were hurt in the making of this thread..

Good on ya fella.. i feel your struggle. God knows I've tried so many times but always reverted to old habits.
You will feel much better soon, I can promise you that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that with everyone! You will indeed get a lot of support here.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And now I understand why the humourous reply to my post in your dog thread.... Sorry your rant didn't translate well from my side of the pond. Big undertaking quitting all at once. No small task. Wishing you all the strength you need to get through this,and in future I will take note of your type of humour. Everyone speaks some kind of arse..

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, you have been a complete ass of late. I have wondered what has been up because you have always been level headed previously.

Oh just to let you know, I'm still doing all the things you have given up, but fair play to you.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
In response to some private messages and public questioning here's a short one....

So I've done it, I've quit alcohol, both types of smoking and I've started exercising. It's supposed to make me feel better. At the moment I hate you all.

If you've read posts of mine you know I have never been able to quit the booze. Well now I have.

This isn't an excuse. This is therapy. I enjoy being an arse on these boards. Maybe a new me will emerge once I've got over the hard bit.

and my fellow ATSer, do what pleases you in life, but exercise.

If this is all we have in life, then please enjoy your being.

Children die, teenagers die, people die, end of. Do what pleases you, because no one else lives their life pleasing you.
edit on 22/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

Holy crap when I read your post I was confused by your use of the word 'fag' for a moment. It read a lot different than you intended over here in the States. Regardless good for you!

The States need to sort their slang. We invented it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Maybe you can channel the hate into something worthwhile.

I've been several years without a smoke. I could pick it up in a heartbeat if something completely life-changing happened. That's not to disencourage you -- go!!! Git 'er done! Get rid of the nasty weed that doesn't do anything for you but screws with your circulation, blood pressure and systemic health. No, I say that to illustrate what a mean, pervasive addiction smoke is.

I hit and kicked (and headbutted for all I recall) a heavy bag in the aftermath of quitting smoking. I considered myself not fit to be around for about a month. I felt dangerous. My brain was not well.

A coupla weeks ago, I passed a kidney stone. That was awful. Nurse in attendance said, "that's the closest you'll ever come to the pain of childbirth, but it's still a ways away from it." I believe her. I stopped drinking anything except for room-temperature water and lots of it. No ill affects from not drinking alcohol. My point is that we have various triggers that make us inclined toward indulging various behaviors. We also have anti-triggers, that can really radically shape our lives. You can use all of the above to make your goals.

And yes, it's completely okay if you are an asshole during the process, as long as you make good on your remembered transgressions afterward. People that have been through what you're doing expect it. Everyone else just probably thinks you're being a dick. Make sure you make things right after you're through it and okay. Meanwhile, use that gritting hate for something good. Rip the crap out of weeds, or aggressively paint your house. Seriously, find a way to channel the assholery, or you'll just sit there and fibrilate and fume. Trust me on this. Learn to twirl a bo stick and risk popping yourself in the stones. That's better than coffee for waking you up.

All best and good luck!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What? It never occurred to me the dog thread was anything more than a joke.

You mean it was real?

Take this:

And this:

And some of this:

You monster! Never take out your frustrations on those of the word GOD spelled backwards. : )

Here's the best way to quit smoking: Don't do it

Hey, I've never had to kick a habit of anything except my ex-husband, and I can tell you it was a messy, messy business.
So I wish you my best!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hang tight and believe in yourself. All your strength will be put into play but if you want this for yourself then you'll achieve your goal.
I quit smoking on Jan 1st 2012. It was a new years resolution and a promise I made to my son. I've never looked back and I've never slipped up even once and now the smell of a cigarette is awful to me. I have no desire to smoke at all.
I don't have issues with alcohol. God I couldn't deal with the ravages of alcohol on the body. A hang over is an indication that you've done some damage. I don't know, I've never enjoyed the feeling of being drunk.
I wish you success.
It's true that your lungs heal pretty fast after quitting smoking and another added bonus is that my voice has changed back to what it was when I was younger and I can sing sweetly again. It's true. I could always sing but when I smoked my voice was not as smooth and I couldn't hit the high notes. Now I can again. My hair smells like my shampoo and my clothes smell like detergent and what ever perfume I wore that day.

This can only bring good things to you. Consider that you're giving yourself a gift. A great gift of health and life.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

As for the kidney stone umm no. Babies don't have any sharp edges. I've seen guys go through that and giving birth is a walk in the park on a sunny day with the scent of flowers on the breeze in comparison. I'd deliver twins twice a day rather than pass a kidney stone. I had a UTI once and the thought of giving birth was preferable to wanting to pee.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

making a change for the better is a good thing. It's hard to do, but you can do it. And don't worry about your mood. I think we all show how we feel with our posts. I'd rather see you as you are, as opposed to how you want us to see you.

Quitting all the bad stuff at once is drastic. So expect to hate us for a bit. But know that you will emerge a much healthier and happier person after the initial period of blah.

I quit smoking about 20 years ago. The only thing that keeps me from starting back up is the thought of having to quit again. I never want to go through that. So be strong, you already made it through the hardest part. And the exercise is a great thing to occupy your time.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't have a drinking problem,or smoking either.What addiction problem I do
have is eating too many cookies.I did get myself off of the snack cakes,but
cookies is another story.
I am not a young chick and the older you are with any type of addictions the
harder it is to overcome them.Please keep us up to date on your progress and
don't hesitate to come on board for encouragement.
Good luck to you...Mama

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join