It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DRIVING... IN AMURICA!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If you ever want to see how selfish and bad drivers are drive in Chicago you should see the shenanigans when a traffic light is out at a busy intersection. Rules of the road state it should be treated like a four way stop sign. In Chicagoan's minds, since light is out, it means I can go across the intersection whenever I freaking feel like it.

My favorite thought is the idiots that block intersections. They are in such a hurry, they don't pay attention and realize traffic is stopped, so they still go into the intersection and get stuck there because traffic isn't moving. Then light changes for opposing traffic and now that street is backed up all because some guy couldn't just wait patiently for another red light cycle.

We have some left hand high entrance ramps on the highway near me. We get these idiots trying to merge into the fast lane where cars are doing 70 mph at like 45 mph. To make matters worse, the ramp is DOWN HILL and maybe a good 1/4 mile long, yet these idiots accelerate like they are on a big wheel. WTF? How long does it take you get up to speed?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

ah yes...interstate merging. That is another one of the things I don't get.

Two things when you merge:

1. Look for a good spot for merging while accelerating on the on ramp--don't wait until you run out of on ramp to take your first look

2. Aim to be at the speed of traffic BEFORE you merge.

Why people can't understand those two simple steps to making merging seamless and easy is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I just watched the South Park episode about when they try to take there licenses away from all the elderly people after they kill and drive all over the place in South Park
edit on 23-2-2016 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Funny episode. Theres a reason for that being so humorous… bit not if you have to deal with the fallout of parents 'pushing the envelope'.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Edumakated

ah yes...interstate merging. That is another one of the things I don't get.

Two things when you merge:

1. Look for a good spot for merging while accelerating on the on ramp--don't wait until you run out of on ramp to take your first look

2. Aim to be at the speed of traffic BEFORE you merge.

Why people can't understand those two simple steps to making merging seamless and easy is beyond me.

It's simple, some simply can't. Which is why I try to point out, certain folks does not have the mental capability of making certain calls when they are pressured by time. Thus, certain people should not be driving at all.

However, the Conspiracy here is that big auto makers lobbying the crap out of congress to ensure a more and more lax traffic laws just as it is pointed out, if laws are not enforced, it's as if it doesn't exist.

If DMV continues to throw out driver license to people that take a 15min drive test on local roads doing 40 mph, this is never going to go well.

Does anyone ever wonder why traffic accidents is #1 when it comes to people getting killed. It's quite simply because a lot of us are incapable of driving, but due to the mega corps. wanting to sell their products to EVERYONE, they don't give a rats ass who can and who can't drive.

Heck, to me, the big auto makers don't even care if you're blind in one eye. They just want to move their inventory so their quarterly earnings will get their CEO a brand new Yacht in the Bahamas.

Just to be fair, it's not only here in America but this problem is on a global scale.

Which is why, eventually, we will need some type of simulation machine in the DMV's. Where it will pit the driver with many different scenarios and not only test their knowledge on driving skills, traffic laws, but it also reaction capabilities and reaction time. If they fail a certain percentage, and many many times, then they should not be operating a vehicle.

And to the people who think you can't simulate text while driving or makeup while driving, think again. All you need to do, is have a eye contact scanner where it follows your pupil movement, then you force the driver to constantly look up/down or to an area where your attention is no longer on the road. Then you put them in dangerous simulated driving conditions such as highways with morning or rush hour traffic, and show them what happens when they don't keep their 100% attention and focus on the road.

But hey, again, one can only hope right? It's just my 2 pennies.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Oh yeah, great. I LOVE the people who try this on a two-lane Autobahn. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A SLOWER CAR IN FRONT OF YOU!

Doesn't help if you use your lights like the moron you are. You were a bad driver and you (not you, ColCurious, unless you were that driver) should know it!

Do this with care. My car can go faster than that and I love to use it on a three-lane Autobahn. On special occasions.
On my way to work I follow the speedlimits with a passion, as I like to keep my license..

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To conclude this topic, technology should be designed or used to better human lives. Yes we do have cars that do lane merge assists or sudden stops if the driver fell asleep but at what cost? Can you even afford a vehicle with those "Premium" features added on for a good chunk of change?

Until Google car, or Google taxi is perfected, I foresee we will continue to loose human lives each year on the rise.

It is, however, a giant conspiracy.

Does anyone ever wonder why California and many other major metropolitan cities subway or high speed rail systems are basically non-existent?

Check out/Google how the big auto makers won the fight in California to prevent cheap/convenient transportation to be built here, such as subways and high speed rails. You'll discover quite a bit of shady and ... stupid #.

If any of you have been overseas to Asian countries... particularly Taiwan and Hong Kong, you'd be utterly shocked at how convenient their transportation systems are. No one really need a car, the subway and high speed rails literally get you to ANYWHERE you want.

Oh and I forgot, it cost them usually $1 USD to literally get to so many different areas in a huge metro city. Maybe $3 or so if they really want to go far.
edit on 2/24/2016 by truthseeker84 because: Forgot a few points.

Oh yeah and also, this is trivial, but.. Goddamn, sometimes there are just SOOO many spinners riding the subways and rails, you need to wear two pairs of spandex underwear to keep the boner down. This is more common in Taiwan though lol.. not so much in Hong Kong or China.
edit on 2/24/2016 by truthseeker84 because: Forget yet another trivial matter.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You should all just stop complaining about it and be thankful you`re not living in India or similar countries...

I think most of us would go nuts in such traffic

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join