It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does anyone think ONE PERSON (Donald Trump) can "Make America Great Again"?...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Do you think there is any chance that the Koch brothers have anything on Trump?

My default position on Trump is that he is a liar. In another thread, I was quoting some website that had found that around 70% of what he said was factually untrue.

His campaign could be much like that of George W. Bush before his first term, where he was out on the stump promising no foreign entanglements and sat down at his first cabinet meeting and asked his cabinet to find a way to invade Iraq.

Trump makes a big deal of his "independence", almost "protesting too much" on that score. I suspect that somehow, the Kochs have a lien on him of some sort.

If that is the case then anything the Donald says about his presidential intentions can be thrown right out the window and his likely positions on any subject can be found by determining what the Kochs want for America. After all, how likely is it that Donald "Reality" Show Star and Real Estate Developer Trump has ever "really" had any serious interest in the United States.

Hear him talk. He doesn't know anything about the United States.

Isn't it more likely that he is a vehicle for the interests of more serious people?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Do you think there is any chance that the Koch brothers have anything on Trump?

The same as any other candidate who is first getting into politics as a R. Contrary to Trumps claims, he is not self financing his campaign. It's coming from donations and some of that money certainly has strings attached. I'm sure that to get this far he had to make business deals as well in the months/years leading up to running, it was always likely that he one day would.

Edit: Worth adding, I at some level like having people pulling a President's strings. I don't like that it's only people with money doing so, but I like having people that can extract promises from a President and act as a check on their power beyond what the other branches of government can do.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Awesome! Another hate-on_Trump thread. Ooh, ooh. My turn. My turn.

Um....Trump is a doody head and he smells funny.

Hahaha hahaha.

Am I doing it right, guys?

Sheesh. I'll take George Carlin's approach to voting, if you don't mind.
" You go vote and I'll stay home and "censored" we'll both be doing the same thing but in the end I'll have something to show for it."

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No person that looks at the whole picture believes he has a snow balls chance in hades to do what he claims... also the majority of the people that have watched his antics over the last 30 years dont believe a word he says.

Have to fix congress or get big business out of the purchasing politicians line of work... but which is the cart and which is the horse.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
No person that looks at the whole picture believes he has a snow balls chance in hades to do what he claims... also the majority of the people that have watched his antics over the last 30 years dont believe a word he says.

Have to fix congress or get big business out of the purchasing politicians line of work... but which is the cart and which is the horse.

I agree with you in theory, but not in practice. We the People are supposed to have power in this country. That power is mainly derived by being able to elect the person of our choice to effect change as we see the need for. But when the system only gives us a choice between two equally despicable options there isn't even a hint of actual power for the people. That is why I think so many people are going to vote for Trump. Its not that they think he will be able to do everything he claims he will do. When did ANY politician ever do that? No, its because it might be the only way that We the People can tell TPTB that we have had enough.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Who better to be President when America could very well go bankrupt during the next presidents time in office?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I just cant have any faith in a republican or democrat to make the hard choices,when they are signing pledges of loyalty to the party... that move turned me off the establishment parties for good.

While there are good people in both parties that deserve support, my energy, time and effort will be reserved for helping a third party break through so we can begin to dismantle the rigged game the R's and D's have set up.

I hope the people that believe in him are right, I truly do... guess im just getting cynical as I age.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlickMcFavorite
It just might be that both Bush and Obama were disasters. Want to know how? See my post on page 5.

Anybody else ready to see both sides of the coin as evidence of systemic failure? Anybody else tired of the left vs. right merry-go-round?

Yea one side of the coin sells out its stooges to the other side. Thus hope in Trump. lol

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
IMHO I believe that Donald will be able to lead The House and Senate in the right direction. By doing so he is making America Great Again. Oh! I am sure there will be several department heads that he will "Fire". But I think that is the best thing for those career employees and politicians. There are no other career politicians willing to go out on a limb to make predictions that Donald has. After all he is a business man that is use to getting what he wants.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

LoL that's actually not a bad point

Trump: 1
Bernie: 0

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The way to find out if Trump is legit if he wins is his cabinet choices.

You knew Obama was a fraud from the get go because of his choices of the same types who put us in the depression in the first place he chose to be in his cabinet.

If Trump hires the same old revolving door lackeys who are the puppets of the elite then well know he’s a fake.

Obama hired Wall Street mainstays to run the economy, Hillary Clinton to run foreign policy and the same defense secretary as Bush!

He told us right then and there that business as usual would be taking place and that all that “change” rhetoric was just that rhetoric…deception.

Trump talks about reversing the economic madness of the trade deals. Will he chose a treasury secretary who wants to abide by that ideal?

We’ll see

Time
Willtell

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I see your point. Why even try? Let's all just roll over and take it up the bum. Besides it sounds really hard and i don't want to rock the boat.
That's what you sound like. We have a election for president coming up, not King but president, so yeah he can't do it all himself. But when his negotiators make a trade deal saving $200 billion a year with china, and they negotiate a wholesale discount with the big drug makers for prescription drugs which our govt. now pay retail for(our govt is the largest buyer of pharmaceuticals in the world)If we payed them 1/4 on the dollar we'd save 350 billion a year. See how long a senator lasts when he votes against these two agreements. There's 40% of our budget right there. There's so much fraud and waste it's unbelievable, and you'll be surprised how much one honest man can save in that cesspool. I strongly advise Trump to triple his security though.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

...should he be involved at all?

Neither should be involved when you know the system will create failure no matter who is in place so long as the real power is in the government purchasing power of the corporations/banks our lifestyle depends upon. So, yes, responding to someone pointing out Obama's failures with a list of Bush's failures is off-topic and counterproductive. But focusing on either in the first place is not the best expense of one's energy, IMO. That is what is so liberating about knowing that the best strategy for the restoration of America is local production/government. You don't have to bone up on all the little details of person A or person B because you know they orbit too far outside your field of direct influence. It is so much more fulfilling to go outside and install gutters and a catchment tank or set up a co-op with your neighbors.

However, I do believe that we have to get to a more power-balanced point in small steps, so some talk/research about who will be president next is important. But a philosophy of local production/government makes that choice easy as well...whichever viable candidate will return power to the local regions and remove it from the federal government/banks/mega-corporations.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

One person could revert the US to a state of success by submitting a new constitution based on the ideas of equal rights and a valid social contract. The biggest component that made America great was generally unregulated capitalism, with a total tax rate less than 10% including 3% at the national level. This was back when there was economic growth and hope for the future. So if one person comes in and converts the USA back to capitalism, we'll all be fine. Then they have to let the states know they can withdraw from the union at any time they please by canceling the contract, just like with any legitimate and well-written contract.

I think one person can lay a foundation to make America great again. One person more than any, Abe Lincoln, converted it into a fascist enterprise by laying the groundwork of tyranny by forcing states who didn't wish to be in the union any more using guns and violence. Well, he also enslaved people into his band of murderers called troops in the draft though they had a different name for it back then. Its quite ironic that Abe Lincoln freed the slaves by using slaves, no? But in any case, one single person can lay the ground of freedom and capitalism again to have a new foundation based on a signed written contract with every American done on an individual basis.

Abe Lincoln did more damage than any other man by a wide margin because of nothing more than his words and his acceptance as an authoritarian dictator by the American people who submitted their approval for jailing journalists. Think you would walk into a New England tavern and hear people bad-mouthing Lincoln for jailing journalists? No! I guess after they got done murdering all the native Americans they had to be murdering someone and so it was pitting poor white man against the poor white man since they were tired of killing other people by that time.

I'm a pro-government American, I just like my government to be legit and not a scamming band of murderers, thats all. That doesn't make me anti-government at all. It makes me anti-corruption. I love a good legit government, just not a total joke of a government.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: EequalsMC2

He would not be just one person.
Effective leaders surround themselves with the best they can find, and then delegate their agenda.

The problem is that TPTB are willing to burn the Empire down, before letting us, or anyone else have what they've worked so hard and diligently to steal from us. That is America, the Federal Reserve, and full political and economical supremacy over the whole world. There is no way, even with the best of men, would they allow them to "undo" what they have built. They would have terrorist disasters going off all over the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Not surprised to see so much disinfo here, I wonder how many are on the take

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A true civilized society does not need a government, nor a group leader.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And his plan is to build a wall!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All it is is Trumps slogan to get people spirits up so He can sale you to get you to vote for Him.I like some of His plans He is selling and think He can do some of them.
It is just politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He's not one person.

He appoints a cabinet.

Also, if the voter sentiment continues into the Congressional elections, then we have a chance to actually elect those the establishment is afraid of, with a Trump precedent for winning the Presidency.

Probably won't happen though. Hillary is likely to beat Trump in the general election. Sigh.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join