It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangladesh Hindu priest beheaded 'by Islamic State'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

But you blamed the Qur'an for all the madness. They are following their own doctrines, you said that.

They could get that from the Vedas, the Bible, and many, almost any, Holy Book.

Don't try being hypocritical and then not acknowledge it. The Qur'an is a book.

Books don't kill.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barzini

But you blamed the Qur'an for all the madness. They are following their own doctrines, you said that.

They could get that from the Vedas, the Bible, and many, almost any, Holy Book.

Don't try being hypocritical and then not acknowledge it. The Qur'an is a book.

Books don't kill.

Quote where I blamed the Qur'an for all the madness. Quote where I said they are following their own doctrines.

Fun fact: I didn't.

All I did was provide quotes from the Quran, I even said I don't think it's any worse than what's in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88
a reply to: 3danimator2014

dislike of muslims? Lol! I just got invited to my Iranian friends
baby shower with a dutch christian woman, yeah, i'm so filled with
hate. I think you're filled with denial, if ten percent of that 1.5billion
want to go on the war path that equates to how many million?
And percentage wise, how many support the acts without acting
themselves, the support base for these movements. I've read enough
of the Quran to realise these people are acting totally within
their doctrines. But bury your head in the sand, might keep it from
being lobbed off? Interesting survival trait.

Yeah, I see. You were answering a question not asked to you. What was the point?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Yeah, I see. You were answering a question not asked to you. What was the point?

My bad, I didn't realize you asked questions you don't want the answer to. I sincerely thought you were looking to learn from your post, you said you were reading the Bible and I thought you had a genuine interest. We're done here.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Next time tell me your not the person I asked the question to. You got involved for what?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

My bad, I didn't realize you asked questions you don't want the answer to. I sincerely thought you were looking to learn from your post, you said you were reading the Bible and I thought you had a genuine interest. We're done here.

Agreed. I actually was just curious. The bible is more violent than the Qur'an. That lil quote you provided was nothing in comparison to the bloodshed in the OT.

Now we're done.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 22/2/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am confused. The violence the Daesh are giving out in the name of islam is apparently not racist. I agree with that.
That would mean there has to be another explanation.
The only other thing violence in the name of islam has in common is the love for fishing...er no, hang on I mixed that up, I meant the koran and it's doctrines [muslims are supposed to live by the koran and are not allowed to add stuff that isn't in there]

- So we know that the doctrines are there but people say that they are misinterpreted. Who does the interpreting? Fact is that it is imams or family heads or dumb people with extreme love for violence. Am I correct or is there another group I forgot?

- If it is imams: Who regulates imams? Who would dare tell them that they are wrong if they say something that others may disagree with? Questioning a figure of such authority is impossible for the 'man on the street'. Not only would it be blasphemic but other muslims would think that someone who criticizes an imam is an infidel. Who would want that in this close knit society?

- If it is Family heads: Almost worse than the above. There is no way anyone would shop their father or mother to the police. You'd be ostracized from everyone you know [if you are lucky, because honour killings are still a thing with the less urban population.

- If it is madmen who love to be sadistic [sort of the traffic warden mentality on c rack], then how and where do they recruit? < We all know the answer and it is mosques and maybe friends. It's a perfect circle.

However very rarely do we see for example a Danish family suddenly all go mental and join daesh or radical muslims. It may happen as a fluke but in general I think it is pretty rare.

Al the above can be double checked and are true statements. Unless I completely ignore statistics and facts, I have to conclude that regardless of the possible reasons, it is still all revolving around islam and not Shinto or Buddhism or Spiritualists nor Born again christians.

As clear as the day the common denominator is islam. It may be annoying to decent muslims but it is what it is and if nobody calls a spade a spade, it will continue.

After all the christians got their act together. I don't care what it says in the 'holy' books, I do care about who acts on it:

Muslims [including converted muslims and those that love misinterpreting the religion of peace...] in the case of islam based violence.

Time to show a little backbone and use existing laws to force a reform that
fits in with the 21st century. This will also help moderate muslims as they have no backup apart from the perpetrators.

Instead of being tolerant of the most intolerant, we are handing good people over to the bad because the good are in too deep.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Hecate666 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

Doesn't that depend of how an idiot interprets what is written in them. Some books are more inflammatory than others, whilst some are not at all.

I am still at a goal loss to know how people interpreted turn the idea of other cheek into killing other people.

We are in danger though of some people who are using religion as an excuse for killing other people, finding that they like/love the power of killing others, especially if the victim can't fight back or is outnumbered. I suspect we have a number of these dangerous, viscous psychopaths lurking around today all flocking to groups like Daesh.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

As horrible as this may sound but I'm thinking that the outcry should come from the people of the territories that ISIS is occupying...I'm feeling more and more numb to this where I'm of the mind that we are done trying to stop these religious fanatics in their crusade to conquer the world...because we simply do not have the courage to utilize all military options at our disposal...and I'm not opposed to torture to get the message out..forget these crappy proxy wars..they have not helped us in the long run...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It sucks that good people are being looked at as a religion with evil intentions when it is a great religion. Leave religion out when it comes to armed conflict, that's what I say.

I bet there would be less war.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

And? Should I post scripture of God telling the Israelites to slaughter every breathing thing in Canaan and say that is Jewish doctrine?

Youre forgetting something. THat was specific to THEM and not GENTILES. the OT is just a history of where it all came from to Us gentiles/christians. If we followed the OT laws we would all be hebrews/jews.

Keep in mind they are two seperate books,and just together for COnVENIENCE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join