It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 10 Astronauts Heard Unexplained ‘MUSIC’ on far side of the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Apollo 10 apparently recorded strange sounds / music on the back side of the moon. That up until recently, was kept hush hush.

In this quick 2 part video, Apollo 15 astronaut Al Worden, gives his opinion regarding the legitimacy of the recordings.

"If you're behind the moon and hear some weird noise on your radio, and you know you're blocked from the Earth, then what could you possibly think?" Worden said.

Video : Part 1

Video : Part 2

The transcripts of the Apollo 10 mission were classified and untouched in NASA's archives until 2008, producing an ongoing debate as to the nature and origin of the strange sounds heard by the astronauts.

Thoughts?

I thought, maybe a radio burst from a cosmic event. Something timed just right?!

My fall-back of course, secret moon base on the dark side..

edit on 21-2-2016 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It was Pink Floyd, the great gig in the sky.

On topic, fascinating stuff, probably a recording of some cosmic event, but maybe......

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Close Thread.

Already Posted HERE

Regards,

SK

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Well, at least I didn't jump to conclusions and assume it was "aliens".

Its space exploration IMO, seems a more reasonable post location

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That's a great recommendation for the mods to move the original topic there and trash this repeated thread...

Regards,

SK

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
^ This guy.

Needs a or two.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

That's a great recommendation for the mods to move the original topic there and trash this repeated thread...

Regards,

SK

Then move it if you're a mod.

If not, report it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Must be the Studio next to the Apollo set

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Sorry, old news but thanks anyway. Strange that this makes a headline while there are so many things about our moon that should make headlines but are kept silent. This is something that can be explained or at least disputed in a credible way.
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love how all the knuckleheads assume because something was in the news years ago, everyone already knows about it.

I could careless about posting something first.

I share articles or news stories that " I have not come across yet. I use MY time, to post it up for others to check out, who also might of missed it years back "

So save all your apologizes regarding timelines on articles. If I post ONE thread that just ONE single person finds enjoyment reading. That justifies my time invested.

Cheerz

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
According to Collins in his book "Carrying The Fire" it was interference between the LM and Command module VHF radios.

There is a strange noise in my headset now, an eerie woo-woo sound. Had I not been warned about it, it would have scared hell out of me. Stafford's Apollo 10 crew had first heard it, during their practice rendezvous around the Moon. Alone on the back side, they were more than a little surprised to hear a noise that John Young in the command module and Stafford in the LM each denied making. They gingerly mentioned it in their debriefing sessions, but fortunately the radio technicians (rather than the UFO fans) had a ready explanation for it: it was interference between the LM's and command module's VHF radios. We heard it yesterday when we turned our VHF radios on after separating the two vehicles, and Neil said that it "sounds like wind whipping around the trees." It stopped as soon as the LM got on the ground, and started up again just a short time ago. A strange noise in a strange place."

-Chapter 13 of Carrying The Fire

That would explain why Apollo 10 heard it but Apollo 8 did not; Apollo 8 didn't bring a LM. Presumably later missions heard it as well, but I'll have to ask Al Worden next time he visits the KSC visitor center. He makes fairly frequent visits and as command module pilot of Apollo 15 he's likely to have heard it as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Mike Barra and Richard Hoagland...and some others say there are huge parabola antenna situated on the moon.. I would like to know in what direction they are aimed...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interesting the Astronaut related the audio transmissions to music. Nice find

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So, if you're looking for a NASA response to the "mystery audio" from Apollo 10, here is it from Bob Jacobs at HQ:
“While listed as ‘confidential’ in 1969 at the height of the Space Race, Apollo 10 mission transcripts and audio have been publicly available since 1973. Since the Internet did not exist in the Apollo era, NASA has only recently provided digital files for some of those earlier missions. The Apollo 10 audio clips were uploaded in 2012, but the mission’s audio recordings have been available at the National Archives since the early 1970s. As for the likely source of the sounds questioned in the television program, Apollo 10 Lunar Module Pilot Gene Cernan told NASA on Monday, ‘I don’t remember that incident exciting me enough to take it seriously. It was probably just radio interference. Had we thought it was something other than that we would have briefed everyone after the flight. We never gave it another thought.’”

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Duplicate topic. Please continue in the thread linked below.

Link

new topics

top topics

join