It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Cold Remedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
(This post is gonna start so 'propaganda like' but couldn't resist)

Do you suffer from swollen throat, an ear infection, runny nose or
the common cold?
Don't suffer no more, here is the remedy for you and it doesn't involves taking any drugs.

A couple of weeks back my wife came home with a cold, a day later i found myself with a mild ear infection,
so it was time to make our beloved family recipe against the cold; chicken soup.
This soup isn't just good for common colds or to eat on a winter day, it's also very tasty and one of the only soups i make my wife and daughter loves.
After eating 3 plates, homemade tea and a good night rest she felt much better already and didn't had that stuffed feeling anymore(don't know the English word for that).
My infection lasted another day without any complications.
I like to think it was ...the soup!
It's always the soup!

So why not share it for those interested or maybe suffering some of these symptoms or just wants a delicious soup and meal.
Very easy recipe with no cooking skills required.
(and i recently found out the site has a food forum as well!)

Here you are. Any questions on the recipe i'll be glad to answer.
Enjoy

Ingredients
-1 whole chicken
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-3 garlic cloves
-1 red onion
-1 zucchini
-3 celery stalks
-3 carrots
-1 turnip
-1 rutabaga
-15-20 black pepper seeds
-2 cloves
-2 bay leaves(Laurus nobilis)
-herbs and spices (i use thyme, rosemary and parsley put together in those teabags)

Put the chicken in a casserole and fill with water, just enough so that the chicken is submerged(+- 3 liters or 100 ounces if i'm correct).
Add the pepper, bay leaves, cloves and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar ( it helps extract the minerals from the meat).
Bring to a boil and let simmer for at least 1 hour and a half, preferable 2-3 hours, with the lid partially covered.

After that add the vegetables.
I only peel the onion and garlic, the rest of the vegetable i give them a good rinse (it would be good to know were your vegetables are coming from).
There is no need to cut the vegetables in small parts, half or 1/4th is good.
I leave the chicken together with the veggies simmer for another 30min before removing the whole chicken, depending on the first boil time.
Take out the chicken and let it cool down before de-boning it. Most of the chicken will be used in another dish.

After the veggies have been simmering for 1 hour, put everything in food processor or just mix the whole with a hand-blender.

Add small chicken pieces and/or those little spaghetti or alphabets for the kids.
Enjoy

With the rest of the chicken i make vol-au-vent fillings with 1 pound ground beef rolled into meatballs and half pound of mushrooms.
Just bake the mushrooms and boil the meatballs. Make a roux from the soup, with a bit of water and some cream(depending how thick you like it).
Put the de-boned chicken, mushrooms and meatballs together and that's it.

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I'm CranialSponge, and I approve this message.

Your recipe sounds yummy, will have to give it a go the next time I make a big ol' batch of chicken soup.

Here's some interesting little tidbits of information from a scientific point of view about the healing factors of chicken soup:

Research in the American Journal of Therapeutics showed that a compound found in chicken soup – carnosine – helped the body’s immune system to fight the early stages of flu.

The other reason soups are recommended is because the nutrients are more easily absorbed than with solid versions. Remember to add a little fat – a drizzle of olive oil – to ensure the absorption of fat soluble vitamins (D, A, K and E).

Souper broth !

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's not magic. It's science.

It's the salt.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Always listen to your great-grandmother! especially if she is talking recipes.(those were always the best visits back in the days)

They may not know the science but they do know if it's good for you!

wow those are the same ingredients from you article, science has to catch up some generations

edit on 21-2-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

top topics

join