It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Guilty Of Syria War Crimes, Says Amnesty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So, Russia are guilty of some of the worse war crimes Amnesty has seen in decades.

Sky news reports that it has seen first hand the targeting of civilians followed by a second wave of bombing when aid workers and civilians are trying to rescue the injured from collapsed buildings.

Amnesty International has told Sky News that Russia is guilty of some the most "egregious" war crimes it has seen in decades.

The human rights organisation claims Moscow's warplanes have been deliberately targeting civilians and rescue workers in Syria over the last week.

She claimed the bombing of civilian targets by Russian and Syrian forces was in itself a war crime, but warned there have been consistent reports of second bombardments which injure and kill humanitarian workers and civilians attempting to evacuate the wounded and the dead.

Of course Russia are denying any wrong doing, but of course they would, wouldn't they?

The Kremlin denies it has been hitting civilian areas and insists it is dropping bombs only on terrorist targets.

Remember when Russia claimed they were going after Daesh? Remember when we were told that Daesh were close to being eliminated?

Well, it certainly looks like we can forget all that, they are determined to assist Assad gain back control of Syria at any cost.

news.sky.com...

edit on 21/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Gee I hadn't heard of Russia going to court over war crimes . Oh wait this is a group who is judge jury and will decide what the punishment will be at the end of the day .No need for them to defend themselves when all is needed is public opinion ....Some system the western democracy has . Baby's in incubators eh.

Remember when Russia claimed they were going after Daesh? Remember when we were told that Daesh were close to being eliminated?
Remember when the west went to war in Afghanistan to get bin ladin and his gang that numbered less then 200 at the time .Remember all these reports over the years sense then of getting another or a group of these people . I wonder what the latest number of these people are ?
edit on 21-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Worst in decades?

Over a million dead in Iraq and Afghanistan, ISIS cutting off dozens of heads and the Mexican cartels cutting off hundreds. Lets not even discuss central Africa.

Oh ya, Amnesty. Next time you call me asking for money I will have rant prepared.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
western propaganda for the rebels now because Russia is to effective in its job

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Apart for maybe iceland is anyone not guilty of war crimes in Syria?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Amnesty. Next time you call me asking for money I will have rant prepared.

Yep... don't want to support all that pro-West propaganda:

USA must be held to account for drone killings in Pakistan

www.amnesty.org...

U.S. ally’s razing of villages in Syria amounts to war crimes

www.amnestyusa.org...

Amnesty International, like Medicins Sans Frontieres, does not take sides. Sorry if the truth hurts.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The part I was critisizing is "worste in decades"

I think you jumped too soon. Unless you are going after me and not what I said.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Amnesty blame everyone for war crimes.

I wonder where they get their Intel from to be honest.

I'm not saying they're wrong, in fact, they're probably right.

All because of a pipeline.

Poor people.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

The part I was critisizing is "worste in decades"

I think you jumped too soon. Unless you are going after me and not what I said.

I was responding to the chorus accusing Amnesty International of being pro-West propaganda. You provided a catchy opening line.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Now your not making any sense. Why dont you go aftet the topic rather than the posters.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am not denying that the west have been just as culpable in the M.E over the last 10+ years. And I am certainly no great fan of how they have gone about their business.

But, let's be honest, Russia do not have the interests of ordinary Syrians at the heart of what they are doing.

It's Geo politics being played out in the theatre of warfare, where the innocents are the victims in the main and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Amnesty International, like Medicins Sans Frontieres, does not take sides. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Axtualy the hyperbole used in the Russian piece is damning where as with the American drone piece we have:
words such as "indicates" and "could even amount"

New evidence indicates that the USA has carried out unlawful killings in Pakistan through drone attacks, some of which could even amount to war crimes, Amnesty International said in a major new report released today.

So while each piece has been used for its own political the drone piece in the first year of Obamas second stint when drone killings were hot on the agenda and now we have Russia mopping the floor with IS and the rebels, exposing Turkey as terrorist supprting scumbags and a criminal money laundering state, what has not come out yet is just who else our NATO friend has in bed with its illegal oil deal with the devil.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Actualy the hyperbole used in the Russian piece is damning where as with the American drone piece we have:

New evidence indicates that the USA has carried out unlawful killings in Pakistan through drone attacks, some of which could even amount to war crimes, Amnesty International said in a major new report released today.

So while each piece has been used for its own political the drone piece in the first year of Obamas second stint when drone killings were hot on the agenda and now we have Russia mopping the floor with IS and the rebels, exposing Turkey as terrorist supprting scumbags and a criminal money laundering state, what has not come out yet is just who else our NATO friend has in bed with its illegal oil deal with the devil.

edit on 21-2-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Now your not making any sense. Why dont you go aftet the topic rather than the posters.

I am legitimizing the source of the OP; some members are attacking their credibility in an attempt to cover up the facts.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's Geo politics being played out in the theatre of warfare, where the innocents are the victims in the main and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel.
I will say I agree with you to most of that but it would seem that the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be coming with the military success on the ground and was the reason for Russia to get involved . It was a very close call for Syria not being Syria any more and I think that the west would have been ok with that even if it meant that ISIS was running the show . These other terrorist groups fighting and killing for control was at war with the state in what could be described as a civil war but they were also fighting each other . So its not like it was a unified opposition to the Govt . And yes in war innocent people die or move away and that is what we have seen . China is the only country at the ready to move in and help rebuild the country but first the country has to be in control and until that happens the refugees need to stay away but once the war is over the best place they could be is back home .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Actualy the hyperbole used in the Russian piece is damning where as with the American drone piece we have:

Because Russia is making no pretense to its actions, whereas the US and coalition actions tend to fall into the realm of "collateral damage."

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
ahh yes i see you fell victim to mary poppins in your youth, Edward Bernays would be very happy.
A spoon full of sugar does help the medicine go down doesnt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You have Turkey making incursions into Syria on the pretense of fighting ISIS but really targeting the Kurds. You have the US/CIA supplying arms to BOTH sides fighting in Syria. You have Russia using cluster bombs on anyone Assad wants gone. Then you have Saudi Arabia fueling all the extremism, fatwas, Wahabism, to eradicate non-Sunnis. IMO the Russian bombing isn't any worse than the indiscriminate CIA bombing and drone programs, or the fact that the US allied with Saudis to drive "regime-change" across the M.E.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I am legitimizing the source of the OP; some members are attacking their credibility in an attempt to cover up the facts.

It is a fact that Russian bombs have injured and killed civilians. It is not a fact that Russia has committed the most "egregious" war crimes seen in decades. Thus far, that is just unsubstantiated hyperbole.

edit on 21-2-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
sir, you have my star. *

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join